• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Oi nah lads fuckin Isco and Rodriguez better be coming to Spurs if they go to Chelsea I fucking swear to christ I'll be well cross

Welcome back, mate.

People need to stop sleeping on Eric Dier. He was a consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 all of last season and chipped in with a goal here and there. The fact that he's 22 is shocking, he has the playstyle and demeanour of a player at least 5 years his senior. Building a team around players like Eric Dier is exactly what Spurs have done and what England must do.

If people are fine with the continued nepotism of the wasted 'Golden Generation' then we're only going to have more tournament exits to inferior teams. With Rooney's intentions to retire after the next World Cup, you can pretty much write off our chances of growing within the next couple of years. Put it this way, I'd rather have fit, consistent, proven Premier League performers like Dier, Drinkwater, Barkley & Noble over Wheelchair, Lallana, Rooney & Henderson. Don't get me wrong, I respect Rooney. He still has good stats despite the more negative style of play he's adopted but not having Rooney in the setup is about more than appeasing meme-loving internet England fans. Rooney represents the last vestiges of the Golden Generation and Top 4 Club prioritisation. Mourinho might be appeasing Rooney now but he's only going to continue to regress. Going to be funny seeing Sam faced with no choice but to drop him in a year or two because Mourinho has won something and has enough good faith with the United faithful and decides to perma-bench Rooney.

The England job is a poison chalice and we're just going to continue to have a stream of Yes Men coming in and out of the job. Looking at Sam's track record of doing things his way, I'm surprised he'd take a cushy job of mediocrity and working inside the box.
ieqe5z.png

This is a good post. Well done to you sir.

EDIT: I joined the GAF FPL and jesus lads you don't fuck about

Syder

Oi nah lads fuckin Isco and Rodriguez better be coming to Spurs if they go to Chelsea I fucking swear to christ I'll be well cross
If by some weird turn of events Spurs get Isco and Rodriguez, what would a first choice starting XI for Spurs look like to you? Dier and Wanyama holding, Lamela/Isco/Eriksen/Rodriguez attacking and Kane upfront?

NHale

Tottenham seems to be poised to sign Isco (on loan) according to Spanish press. As expected Florentino doesn't want to sell James despite Zidane's wishes.

Fonte staying at Southampton because Valencia went after Garay and not Rojo. So Mourinho has to stick with Rojo for at least more 5 months. With Bailly going to CAN, it's likely he will try to get another center defender in January.

Martins Indi going to Stoke on loan for 1-year year with a buy-in clause. Jack Wilshere linked with a loan to AS Roma.

Brahimi rejected Everton and is going to Galatasaray.

Slimani is a done deal for Leicester unless Sporting president wakes on the wrong side of the bed again. Adrien Silva not looking good unless Leicester reach the buyout clause with easy incentives. Adrien family is already giving interviews trying to pressure the Sporting president to sell but that's not going to work.

James isn't leaving and the rumors today are that Isco could leave to Tottenham on loan (without a purchase option of course).
I can see why Real would let him go for a year, he will see very little play at Real and they can evaluate him at the end of the season and even consider selling him if he hasn't played consistently good.
On the other hand, he's one of my favorite players and very loved at Real Madrid and the fans. Isco itself is also not that keen on leaving.

But I don't know why Tottenham needs Isco, Eriksen is playing on the same position.

If by some weird turn of events Spurs get Isco and Rodriguez, what would a first choice starting XI for Spurs look like to you? Dier and Wanyama holding, Lamela/Isco/Eriksen/Rodriguez attacking and Kane upfront?

Those players together would probably cost +- 140 million in today's market. :D Or let's say a bit more than a Pogba.

Pachimari

I would hate for Isco to go to Spurs. One, because Eriksen plays the position, and two, because Isco is a fan favorite. I would much rather we ship out James.

NHale

I don't believe those David Luiz rumors because Chelsea signed Marcos Alonso today for 25M. Why sign another central defender the day after?

Unless they want to play Alonso as a left back and sell Azpilicueta.

Also Spanish press say it's Malaga or Tottenham for Isco. Losing to Malaga (a club without European football!) would be something else.

I would hate for Isco to go to Spurs. One, because Eriksen plays the position, and two, because Isco is a fan favorite. I would much rather we ship out James.

James sells Real Madrid merchandise in South America and he's helping them expand on that market due to his big popularity. Florentino is keeping track of that.

Tottenham seems to be poised to sign Isco according to Spanish press. As expected Florentino doesn't want to sell James despite Zidane's wishes.

Fonte staying at Southampton because Valencia went after Garay and not Rojo. So Mourinho has to stick with Rojo for at least more 5 months. With Bailly going to CAN, it's likely he will try to get another center defender in January.

Martins Indi going to Stoke on loan for 1-year year with a buy-in clause

Brahimi rejected Everton and is going to Galatasaray.

Slimani is a done deal for Leicester unless Sporting president wakes on the wrong side of the bed again. Adrien Silva not looking good unless Leicester reach the buyout clause with easy incentives. Adrien family is already giving interviews trying to pressure the Sporting president to sell but that's not going to work.

Weird that no club has gone after Fonte, played really good at the Euro's imo. He would have been a cheap central defender for most clubs.
And Stoke cleary hasn't scouted Martins Indi and just looked at his posture. Such a bad defender.

I read somewhere this summer that Zidane likes Isco more than James, but the club management wanted James to stay at the club and Zidane accepted it.
Probably said this ten times by now, but Real should have sold James and with that money get a DM.

Pachimari

I read somewhere this summer that Zidane likes Isco more than James, but the club management wanted James to stay at the club and Zidane accepted it.
Probably said this ten times by now, but Real should have sold James and with that money get a DM.
I know. But it doesn't change the fact that I want Isco to stay. =;(

And yeah, I'm still boggled at why we haven't bought a DM.

I don't believe those David Luiz rumors because Chelsea signed Marcos Alonso today for 25M. Why sign another central defender the day after?

Unless they want to play Alonso as a left back and sell Azpilicueta.

Also Spanish press say it's Malaga or Tottenham for Isco. Losing to Malaga (a club without European football!) would be something else.

James sells Real Madrid merchandise in South America and he's helping them expand on that market due to his big popularity. Florentino is keeping track of that.

Just ignore that :D The Spanish press is always saying weird shit like that. I would imagine that almost all Spanish (and English) teams would want Isco in their team, so Malaga really has no chance at all if Isco wants to stay in Spain.

I know. But it doesn't change the fact that I want Isco to stay. =;(

And yeah, I'm still boggled at why we haven't bought a DM.

I honestly respect the opinion of the club. James has cost a lot of money and is imo just as talented as Isco. So it's just a matter of personal taste, who someone likes more.

The problem is that Isco isn't going to see much playing time at Real.
And I also want him to stay, he's a wonderful player and without him I feel that the squad is a little bit too narrow at the CM, but a player like Isco should play all the time and loaning him out at Tottenham, wouldn't hurt his career. Personally I would think that Valencia would be a better choice.

Pachimari

I honestly respect the opinion of the club. James has cost a lot of money and is imo just as talented as Isco. So it's just a matter of personal taste, who someone likes more.

The problem is that Isco isn't going to see much playing time at Real.
And I also want him to stay, he's a wonderful player and without him I feel that the squad is a little bit too narrow at the CM, but a player like Isco should play all the time and loaning him out at Tottenham, wouldn't hurt his career. Personally I would think that Valencia would be a better choice.
Of course. I will respect our club's opinion too. It doesn't make it the right one though.

James' attitude has been a disgrace, so if he stays, hopefully he'll change his ways. I wouldn't mind any or both of them staying. But let's see, only one more day left.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
When you have Asensio with the same profile and but in better shape and younger it doesn't really make sense to also keep Isco this season for a team like Real. When Ronaldo will be back Asensio will probably be substitute and Isco could lose the team all together.

tim.mbp

For what it's worth, Gab Marcotti just shot down the Isco rumor as well as David Luiz on ESPNFC. 2 out 10 on the Gab-O-Meter.
Balotelli to Nice was a 8.

Edit: Juventus is really loading up. Cuadrado on loan and Witsel (€18m).

What are the best sites/twitter accounts for football news? I live the US and defaulted to ESPN's site but I assume there is something better out there.

Lunar FC

Man I love deadline day.

Time for pool to make that desperate 25 mil offer on my boi Pulisic. ��

What are the best sites/twitter accounts for football news? I live the US and defaulted to ESPN's site but I assume there is something better out there.

I use the OneFootball app for scores/stats/play-by-play, it's great for that. I use the ESPN FC website for my news, which is usually decent.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Can't stand that man "Rashford won't play one minute at the Euros."

Fuck off.
I'd have had him over Roy any day of the week
That very much depends on whether it's a CL, PL or cup game. Poch liked to get merry with the rotations so if he continues with that the previous Europa squad aint gonna cut it.

Pachimari

When you have Asensio with the same profile and but in better shape and younger it doesn't really make sense to also keep Isco this season for a team like Real. When Ronaldo will be back Asensio will probably be substitute and Isco could lose the team all together.

Asensio is Cristiano's substitute, and Isco would be Kroos' sub. He have shown to be very capable at that CM role. And Zidane prefers Isco over James, and I tend to support our manager first and foremost. But it does seem like Florentino Perez won't consider that, as he paid around €70 million for James.

What I do believe is, that we come midnight when the transfer window closes, we won't have sold Isco.

Pachimari

This is the shirt Denmark will play in next weekend:

DbbCiFN.jpg

It's all white representing a blank slate, a whole new start for the national team according to the shirt's maker, Hummel.

bjaelke

Moussa Sissoko has been allowed to leave the France camp to complete his dream transfer to Real Madrid
's feeder club Spurs

Makeda

Looks like Stoke are finally signing a striker to compliment all those midfielders / flexible widemen. SSN are reporting Bony is at their training ground alongside defender Martins Indi.

It seems today England teams want to buy Sporting team. fuck off. Especially Leicester. Want Adrien? Pay the buyout, or how the hell are we gonna cope with losing the captain today?

Jarnet87

It seems today England teams want to buy Sporting team. fuck off. Especially Leicester. Want Adrien? Pay the buyout, or how the hell are we gonna cope with losing the captain today?

Sporting/Benfica/Porto have been feeder clubs for a long time, now it's just going to be accelerated with the rate at which they sell with that prem money. I saw a tweet that they agreed to meet the release clause, no idea how valid Pete O'Rouke is.

Sporting/Benfica/Porto have been feeder clubs for a long time, now it's just going to be accelerated with the rate at which they sell with that prem money. I saw a tweet that they agreed to meet the release clause, no idea how valid Pete O'Rouke is.

And we won't mind cause our debt is crazy but it's kinda unacceptable that this teams come entice our players with massive wages and then make an offer which is half of his buyout. This is terrible for us, terrible for the player cause he obviously wants that sweet salary and put's the club in a terrible position. We want to fight for the top of the league (where we are already), and in the last week of August we will lose 3 players from the starting eleven. If we end up receiving 110-120M€ for the three , well it's life. It's bad for us but we got back a lot (that's almost a third of our debt). But don't make shitty offers to the club and go behind the club and offer contracts to players. More than illegal, that's just unethical.

Joao Mario was released by 66% of the buyout. Slimani has his buyout clause expired in June yet we are allowing him to leave. Sporting has been very open to negotiate. But we can't allow the captain to leave in the 31st without paying the proper price, which today is the buyout clause.

I wonder if between Hart and Wilshere we'll start to see more English talent playing abroad. That way instead of blaming the England team's poor performances on the lack of England players playing in England, the FA will notice that actually there's a whole world out there and nothing has stopped all these young English players going to Spain or Italy to develop. You know, like, sitting in Arsenal's Under-23 team and bemoaning your lack of opportunities as an English footballer isn't the only option.

HAHAHA JK LOL.

Kuros

I wonder if between Hart and Wilshere we'll start to see more English talent playing abroad. That way instead of blaming the England team's poor performances on the lack of England players playing in England, the FA will notice that actually there's a whole world out there and nothing has stopped all these young English players going to Spain or Italy to develop. You know, like, sitting in Arsenal's Under-23 team and bemoaning your lack of opportunities as an English footballer isn't the only option.

HAHAHA JK LOL.

I know you're joking but their won't be many players moving when even shit tier English players can get 40 grand a week in the prem. There are only 4-5 clubs on the continent that can keep up with the spending of Hull City ffs.

tim.mbp

I know you're joking but their won't be many players moving when even shit tier English players can get 40 grand a week in the prem. There are only 4-5 clubs on the continent that can keep up with the spending of Hull City ffs.

English clubs will be dumb enough to pay partial wages to move players out.

Top Bottom