• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

yagal

Transfer is serious business for italian, live from the market (the Star Hotel Business Palace), conspiracy theories, aliens, drama ...

Balotelli signing for Nice looooooooooooooool

Floody

Everton have just confirmed the deal on their Facebook. Sissoko for £30M

Personally, I am not big fan how much we are spending, and we are still missing a center forward and a playmaker. A very mixed transfer market this summer.

Meh, we just sold a terrible defender for £50M. while its disappointing to spend 60M on two erratic and inconsistent players, it could have been worse.

The thing that has me scratching my head about it the most is that Gueye & Barkley will probably keep him out the team won't they? Or will Barkley be moved to a different position, to fit him in?

faridmon

The thing that has me scratching my head about it the most is that Gueye & Barkley will probably keep him out the team won't they? Or will Barkley be moved to a different position, to fit him in?

I am wondering about the same thing. Gueye and Berry have been our best players so far, so I can't see them not playing. I am just wondering if playing Sissoko will result in not having in wingers and play more narrower 4-2-3-1 with Mirallas pushed towards being a false 9. Don't know.

But why buy Bolasie then?

I rather had a creative midfielder that gives Barkley more competition.

Syder

I don't know anything about Arbeloa (to West Ham). Decent? Can he do a job? Better than Byram?
He'll be back-up while Cresswell is out. He can play either left or right back. Hopefully this means that while Aaron is injured he'll play leftback while Byram takes up his natural position and Antonio stays far away from any defensive duties.

Good signing means we have more depth in the fullback positions. Cresswell, Byram, Arbeloa, Masuaku fighting for those places.

faridmon

Aiden McGeady to Preston North End as a season loan deal.

Fuck me, why can't we just get rid of him once and for all.

No joke, he must be the worst Everton player I have witnessed during my Everton fanhood.

Mustafi injured playing for Germany apparently.

Ah, that confirms it then. He is an Arsenal player.

Wasn't sure before.

slider

He'll be back-up while Cresswell is out. He can play either left or right back. Hopefully this means that while Aaron is injured he'll play leftback while Byram takes up his natural position and Antonio stays far away from any defensive duties.

Good signing means we have more depth in the fullback positions. Cresswell, Byram, Arbeloa, Masuaku fighting for those places.

Been really impressed with Masuaku. Still a way to go but lots of promise.

Think Slimani is a superb signing for the Champions.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Everton have just confirmed the deal on their Facebook. Sissoko for £30M

Personally, I am not big fan how much we are spending, and we are still missing a center forward and a playmaker. A very mixed transfer market this summer.
They've said they're not interested now

Beefy

Graeme Bailey‏@GraemeBailey
Told Everton are raging about Sissoko saga. They had private jet landed and ready to take him to Liverpool but he didn't turn up.

Danchi

I can't believe Everton and Spurs are willing to pay £30m for Sissoko.

Forget Pogba and Higuain. This is the tipping point.

faridmon

Syder

Apparently, Everton has gone for Valencia on loan from West Ham instead. Damn if they dumped Sissoko on Spurs for £30m (who were apparently going to get him for £16m today) I have to give Everton a round of applause.
'Is that Spurs bidding?'

tumblr_m618u7wr6S1rneomoo1_500.gif

NHale

Really excited by Slimani's signing. Him and Mahrez are gonna tear defences apart (hopefully).

He's going to fit really well at Leicester especially if as expected they pair him with a fast striker at his side like Vardy or Musa.

He played like that at Sporting and that's when he truly showed his potential. Also he's proven to be a player that show up in big games (domestic and international).

Adrien according to L'Equipe isn't going to Leicester after all. He also never left the Portuguese national team HQ so it's unlikely to go anywhere.

This is nuts.

I am happy that we didn't break the bank with this guy, but at the same time, I think we have messed up so much in this transfer market.

Overall, happy we didn't get him.

Still time for a desperate €50M bid for Brahimi. LOL.

Westlo

This is nuts.

I am happy that we didn't break the bank with this guy, but at the same time, I think we have messed up so much in this transfer market.

Overall, happy we didn't get him.

If people don't want to come or we get gazumped by bigger teams can't really do much about it.... gotta announce dat new stadium and finish high enough for europe next season...

Still much stronger team than last season, losing Stones to get Williams, Gana, Bolasie is a win. Holgate filling in for rb way better than stones ever did a few seasons back and he looks a top prospect... (to city for 60m in 3 years lol) just gotta hope Rom doesn't get injured lol.... missing out on Perez is the biggest miss of the window....

NHale

Besides Mangala, Valencia signed Ezequiel Garay to bolster their central defense. It still seems like a team destined to finish around 10th this year.

Surprised an English team didn't show strong interest in Garay. He could have definitely helped a lot of teams.

Top Bottom