• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pissed at Sergio for throwing an elbow right before the derby. Tool.
(Hope he wins his appeal)

The next week is going to take forever to pass.

Hey...am I crazy, or is Rashford not listed on United's 25 man squad? WTF?

Kill3r7

Pissed at Sergio for throwing an elbow right before the derby. Tool.
(Hope he wins his appeal)

The next week is going to take forever to pass.

Hey...am I crazy, or is Rashford not listed on United's 25 man squad? WTF?

He is. Under 21s are listed separately.

Full squad: Bailly, Blind, Carrick, Darmian, De Gea, Depay, El-Fitouri, Fellaini, Herrera, Ibrahimovic, Johnstone, Jones, Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Rojo, Romero, Rooney, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Smalling, Valencia, Young

First-team U21s*: Fosu-Mensah, Martial, Rashford, Shaw

*Clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under, with an U21 player regarded as one that is under the age of 21 on January 1 in the year in which the season commences.

Only if its frivolous.

Which this appeal was, but the FA have bottled it.

That only counts if the appeal by the club is ill thought out and doesn't present a reasonable argument against the decision. When you see a four match ban it means the club appealed the decision but weren't competent enough to present why they were appealing it.

That only counts if the appeal by the club is ill thought out and doesn't present a reasonable argument against the decision. When you see a four match ban it means the club appealed the decision but weren't competent enough to present why they were appealing it.

I don't think there was any reasonable defense tbh

Kuros

I have a feeling if his name was Steve Aguerton and he played for Bournemouth they would have whacked on the extra game.

Beefy

Planet Fútbol – Verified account ‏@si_soccer

Did Hope Solo’s #USWNT punishment stem from her role, involvement in the fight for equal pay? She seems to think so http://on.si.com/2c0p8pP

Hope Solo is a cunt, but doesn't get it.

Syder

Planet Fútbol – Verified account ‏@si_soccer

Did Hope Solo’s #USWNT punishment stem from her role, involvement in the fight for equal pay? She seems to think so http://on.si.com/2c0p8pP

Hope Solo is a cunt, but doesn't get it.
Reality is if female footballers were paid the same as men their sport would die. There isn't enough money and interest in it to sustain wages like the men's.

El Topo

Reality is if female footballers were paid the same as men their sport would die. There isn't enough money and interest in it to sustain wages like the men's.

The difference in attendance regarding the leagues is enormous. I don't think you can make a case there.
I'm not sure if things are better if we solely look at the attendance for the respective national teams, which (I think) their argument is about? I assume we also have to look at money from sponsors for that? They might have a case there, I don't know the numbers and I haven't followed it. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if there is still a big difference all things considered.

NHale

Apparently Jack Wilshere also refused both Sporting and Benfica, both clubs at the Champions League.

It's probably good for him because Lisbon and Algarve nightlife would end his career.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Jack Wilshere also refused both Sporting and Benfica, both clubs at the Champions League.

It's probably good for him because Lisbon and Algarve nightlife would end his career.

maybe he just didn't want to live abroad. Bournemouth might not be the most glamorous team but it's still top flight football.

Is this the same case in US footy though. The womens game was more developed for many years, don't know if that is the case any more.

Hope Solos ban was ridiculous. Aguero gets three game ban for an elbow to the face, Suarez gets ten for a bite. Hope Solo 6 months for calling a team cowards. Not a fan of her myself but that is way out of proportion especially when Ronaldo said something very similar about Iceland in the Euros.

El Topo

Is this the same case in US footy though.

The league attendance is drastically in favor of the men's league.

Hope Solos ban was ridiculous. Aguero gets three game ban for an elbow to the face, Suarez gets ten for a bite. Hope Solo 6 months for calling a team cowards. Not a fan of her myself but that is way out of proportion especially when Ronaldo said something very similar about Iceland in the Euros.

The ban is ridiculous. Heck, for other American athletes, just look at Lochte.

Syder

Is this the same case in US footy though. The womens game was more developed for many years, don't know if that is the case any more
Anyone in here watch Women's League football on TV? MLS is on TV here. You need global appeal week in, week out if you want those high wages. Women's international football gets way more attention than the leagues do. It needs to be the other way around.

Not a fan of this international window, it comes too soon in the season I think. It disrupts players settling in at their new clubs, players getting upto full fitness, kills the enthusiasm of a new season and disrupts a team's early rhythm.

How long did Kane get off after we got knocked out of the Euros?

He still looks physically and mentally shot, wonder if he could have done with having this international break off.

maybe he just didn't want to live abroad. Bournemouth might not be the most glamorous team but it's still top flight football.

Yeah, and they play good football, which would also appeal. Also Benik Afobe is Jack's kid's Godfather. I imagine that played quite a part in it. They're obviously good friends.

I really hope he has a good, injury free, season. Because he's a very gifted player.

I hate internationals

Fuck them

Especially friendlies. No one is interested in that and even for the players/managers it's not that interesting. Belgium just played a ridiculously bad match against Spain, where no player seemed interested. What's Martinez with such a game?

I always liked Van Gaal's(?) idea of having the friendlies/qualifiers all taken place in the same period. Like a tournament, but then to qualify for the world cup.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah, and they play good football, which would also appeal. Also Benik Afobe is Jack's kid's Godfather. I imagine that played quite a part in it. They're obviously good friends.

I really hope he has a good, injury free, season. Because he's a very gifted player.

It did

Kuros

Still, only European teams play against each other. It's just very weird and almost everyone hates it. This week I probably checked 3 or 4 times when Real Madrid is playing :D

Even if they didn't play the European internationals all the South Americans would leave for 2 weeks. So they have to do world wide windows.

cannot believe the ref did not see the sergio elbow. He was looking right at it...

He's clearly been told by his paymaster to say he didn't see it. Gotta give the advantage to the swamp.

Lunar FC

Seeing some stuff on twitter saying Mane was subbed out due to injury. Don't know how serious it is.

I blame Hitcher.

Top Bottom