• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Stulaw

West Ham have done well this transfer window, kept our best players and added to them. Arbeloa with be a great option as an experienced right-back, and Zaza up front as our main striker will definitely add some goals, he's a hard worker with a good attitude, and besides that one penalty he'll be remembered for I hear he has a good conversion rate (not that he'll be taking them regularly).

As well as Enner leaving, Diego Poyet's contract was terminated, I do feel sorry for the kid but something seems to have gone wrong and he hasn't been the player he could have been.

Still, looking forward to the season now.

Syder

West Ham have done well this transfer window, kept our best players and added to them. Arbeloa with be a great option as an experienced right-back, and Zaza up front as our main striker will definitely add some goals, he's a hard worker with a good attitude, and besides that one penalty he'll be remembered for I hear he has a good conversion rate (not that he'll be taking them regularly).

As well as Enner leaving, Diego Poyet's contract was terminated, I do feel sorry for the kid but something seems to have gone wrong and he hasn't been the player he could have been.

Still, looking forward to the season now.
Agreed. We're covered in most positions now. Just a matter of time until our best players (Payet and Lanzini especially) are properly fit.

Lunar FC

:lol the guy responsible for these must be off his tits.

I think Bolasie's is still my favorite.

Cp5r_NeXgAEVq5r.jpg

Carbonox

Sissoko :lol :lol

Amazing turn of events. The guy is a complete cunt but it's absolutely amazing. Thanks for the monies. 60/70m we've made out of Wijnaldum, Townsend and Sissoko.

giphy.gif

Syder

West Ham United Summer 2016 Full Transfer Activity List

Transfers in
Sofiane Feghouli - Valencia - Free
Manuel Lanzini - Al-Jazira - Undisclosed
Toni Martínez - Valencia - Undisclosed
Håvard Nordtveit - Mönchengladbach - Free
Domingos Quina - Chelsea - Free
Ashley Fletcher - Man United - Free
André Ayew - Swansea - £20.5m
Arthur Masuaku - Olympiacos - £6.2m
Edimilson Fernandes - Sion - £5.5m
Gökhan Töre - Beşiktaş - Loan £2.5m
Jonathan Calleri - Deportivo Maldonado - Loan £4m
Simone Zaza - Juventus - Loan £5m
Álvaro Arbeloa - Real Madrid - Free

Transfers out
Elliot Lee - Barnsley - Undisclosed
Joey O'Brien - Released
James Tomkins - Crystal Palace - £10m
George Dobson - Walsall - Loan
Stephen Hendrie - Blackburn - Loan
Kyle Knoyle - Wigan - Loan
Josh Cullen - Bradford - Loan
Josh Pask - Gillingham - Loan
Lewis Page - Coventry - Loan
Martin Samuelsen - Blackburn - Loan
Reece Burke - Wigan - Loan
Enner Valencia - Everton - Loan

Pretty happy with all of our activity. Let's do this.

giphy.gif

Seems like Crystal Palace tried to get James McArthur on loan from Everton late, but failed in that bid. Shame, we could have used one more player in the CM positions.

Still, pretty good buys for the club, where all players improve the starting eleven:

Steve Mandanda
James Tomkins
Andros Townsend
Christian Benteke
Loic Remy

Two years ago, we got Kevin Doyle and a semi-retired Andrew Johnson. :p

near

Gold Member
30m for Sissoko hasnt really set us back. We pretty much traded Mason 13m, Chadli 13m and Yedlin 5m for he's services. If its 30m spread out over 5 years which it more than likely is than its a coup considering the current market. In terms of the players ability its obvious on he's day he's a beast, he just became uninspired at a declining club in Newcastle. I believe Poch can improve him and fit him into our philosophy.

Ideally we could've spent that money on someone else, but if Poch wants him I'll believe.

Blablurn

West Ham United Summer 2016 Full Transfer Activity List

Transfers in
Sofiane Feghouli - Valencia - Free
Manuel Lanzini - Al-Jazira - Undisclosed
Toni Martínez - Valencia - Undisclosed
Håvard Nordtveit - Mönchengladbach - Free
Domingos Quina - Chelsea - Free
Ashley Fletcher - Man United - Free
André Ayew - Swansea - £20.5m
Arthur Masuaku - Olympiacos - £6.2m
Edimilson Fernandes - Sion - £5.5m
Gökhan Töre - Beşiktaş - Loan £2.5m
Jonathan Calleri - Deportivo Maldonado - Loan £4m
Simone Zaza - Juventus - Loan £5m
Álvaro Arbeloa - Real Madrid - Free

Transfers out
Elliot Lee - Barnsley - Undisclosed
Joey O'Brien - Released
James Tomkins - Crystal Palace - £10m
George Dobson - Walsall - Loan
Stephen Hendrie - Blackburn - Loan
Kyle Knoyle - Wigan - Loan
Josh Cullen - Bradford - Loan
Josh Pask - Gillingham - Loan
Lewis Page - Coventry - Loan
Martin Samuelsen - Blackburn - Loan
Reece Burke - Wigan - Loan
Enner Valencia - Everton - Loan

Pretty happy with all of our activity. Let's do this.

giphy.gif

pretty solid range of players you got

bjaelke

I can't wait for some championship club to pick up Bendtner in the next couple of days. Steve Bruce wanted him at Hull.

PatjuhR

What a joke. All his transfers combined are 110 million euro (if the number of 35 million is true).
For the most overrated player ever.

A bit strange because PSG hasn't invested that much and a player like Jesé is just a big risk and Meunier will never be good enough.

Maybe it has something to do with their new TD who has never been in a position like that.

He did a good deal on selling Bob tho

Tosyn_88

Is the total of what EPL clubs have spent this summer window, I cannot for the life of me imagine what the price will be for the next window, £2 billion?? I can see why Bayern CEO was worried about the new financial muscle of the EPL clubs

Very happy with the Man City transfer window. A good selection of promising youth that look to be on the verge of breaking into senior football on the cheap and if they don't work out for City they will make a profit elsewhere, a few slightly older players that have bags of potential and some experienced players who fit into the team immediately to strengthen weaknesses in the new style of play. Got rid of those that haven't lived up to expectation or fit with the system and got some decent loans for certain youth players to develop or help move on to a further career in the game. The academy also looks like it is finally ready to start bringing through some quality players in the next few years. Should be good times ahead.

What a doofus.
Milan wasn't a concrete option for him apparently, and it was Arsenal that stopped him going to Roma, as they felt there was too much competition in midfield. The whole point of this loan is for him to play every week (as long as he stays fit).

In the end his options were Palace and Bournemouth, and he chose Bournemouth.

MoodyFog

And the sales:

CrQq2T4WcAEvWCy

Biggest transferts by league :

Premier league: Pogba to United, 105M€
Liga : André Gomes to Barcelona, 35M€
Serie A : Gonzalo Higuaín to Juventus, 90M€
Bundesliga: Renato Sanches to Bayern, 35M€
Ligue 1 : Grzegorgz Krychowiak to PSG, 33.6M€

Beefy

@gdunbarap

Swiss prosecutors have been investigating Beckenbauer, 2006 WC for months - likely next step is evidence raids, formal case opening

Tosyn_88

Finally an image that doesn't use the retarded short system.
The gulf between the spending in the EPL and other leagues is double which is highly ridiculous if you ask me. Think about this, a lot of the middle to lower epl clubs can afford to sign players for £30M, in comparison real sociedad cannot even try attempt such. Something has got to give eventually

NHale

The gulf between the spending in the EPL and other leagues is double which is highly ridiculous if you ask me. Think about this, a lot of the middle to lower epl clubs can afford to sign players for £30M, in comparison real sociedad cannot even try attempt such. Something has got to give eventually

The only thing that has to give is the sharing of TV deals money in other leagues besides Premier League. In Spain, Barcelona and Real Madrid get 45% of all TV income!

How can Real Sociedad or any other Spanish team compete when they are handicapped at the start because they receive 3% of the entire TV income deal?

In England the TV deal is at least 2x bigger than anywhere else and the revenue sharing is much more fair than anywhere else, trying to increase the competitiveness in the field and that way the actual show in the pith. That's why the Premier League is and will be in at least the next decade the best league to watch every year by far. Which mainstream fan wants to see Real Madrid vs Leganes? 99 out of 100 will end with a difference of at least 3 goals. Man City vs Sunderland? You got an undecided match until the last minutes...

Just one example, in 2014 the worst placed club in the Premier League got two times more money than the 3rd place in LaLiga or any club in Ligue 1, and almost as much as Juventus that won the Serie A. More competitive league, more TV money, best sharing between every club just means the cycle will continue.

Kill3r7

The only thing that has to give is the sharing of TV deals money in other leagues besides Premier League. In Spain, Barcelona and Real Madrid get 45% of all TV income!

How can Real Sociedad or any other Spanish team compete when they are handicapped at the start because they receive 3% of the entire TV income deal?

In England the TV deal is at least 2x bigger than anywhere else and the revenue sharing is much more fair than anywhere else, trying to increase the competitiveness in the field and that way the actual show in the pith. That's why the Premier League is and will be in at least the next decade the best league to watch every year by far. Which mainstream fan wants to see Real Madrid vs Leganes? 99 out of 100 will end with a difference of at least 3 goals. Man City vs Sunderland? You got an undecided match until the last minutes...

Just one example, in 2014 the worst placed club in the Premier League got two times more money than the 3rd place in LaLiga or any club in Ligue 1, and almost as much as Juventus that won the Serie A. More competitive league, more TV money, best sharing between every club just means the cycle will continue.

IIRC, under the current La Liga TV deal the distribution model is similar to the the EPL. The main difference being that it is a lot less money and it still favors the top teams.

TV Rights Money Distribution Model For La Liga:
  • 50% Equal share for all 20 clubs in La Liga
  • 25% Merit money based on how the clubs finish in the table in last 3 years.
  • 25% According to resource generation ability of clubs

TV Rights Money Distribution Model For Premier Leauge:
  • 50% Equal share for all 20 clubs in the EPL
  • 25% Merit money based on how the clubs finishes (1.2 million per position so the bottom team gets 1.2 million and the top team gets 24 million).
  • 25% Domestic Right Money (£750,000 for every live match for a team or £7.5 million minimum which ever is higher)

Does that last one mean the poorer teams get more money, or the richer ones?

Mory Dunz

Wait, who was booing the french anthem? the italians?

...why?

About transfers:
Glad some americans got moved for more playing time.

Leicester will be really interesting with the new additions.

David Luiz coming back...sure. The lineup won't be changed until they lose right? Have they conceded a goal?

Will Sissoko have to play more deep than usual?

Lunar FC

I just saw a guy wearing a Watford shirt on my New Mexico campus. Never thought Id see the day.

Also, it's the last day to do predictions. Follow the format.

User:
League:

---
---

IIRC, under the current La Liga TV deal the distribution model is similar to the the EPL. The main difference being that it is a lot less money and it still favors the top teams.

TV Rights Money Distribution Model For Premier Leauge:
  • 50% Equal share for all 20 clubs in the EPL
  • 25% Merit money based on how the clubs finishes (1.2 million per position so the bottom team gets 1.2 million and the top team gets 24 million).
  • 25% Domestic Right Money (£750,000 for every live match for a team or £7.5 million minimum which ever is higher)

That's the only reason why Barcelona and Real Madrid agreed to it. There's literally a sentence in the current La Liga TV contract, that a club cannot get less money than before the TV contract. So Madrid and Barcelona still get 150 million, no matter what.
Makes you wonder why they didn't do this early... Everyone benefits from this agreement and over time I would think that it will be worth more and more, like the Premier League. The small La Liga teams are really really small teams, I would even think that they are the smallest from every other 'big' competition (in terms of finance). So they can use everything they can from the TV deal.
La Liga finally thinks seriously about the abroad TV audience and even make strange rules, for example that a club will be fined if they show empty stadiums on TV etc. No joke.

That's the only reason why Barcelona and Real Madrid agreed to it. There's literally a sentence in the current La Liga TV contract, that a club cannot get less money than before the TV contract. So Madrid and Barcelona still get 150 million, no matter what.
Makes you wonder why they didn't do this early... Everyone benefits from this agreement and over time I would think that it will be worth more and more, like the Premier League. The small La Liga teams are really really small teams, I would even think that they are the smallest from every other 'big' competition (in terms of finance). So they can use everything they can from the TV deal.
La Liga finally thinks seriously about the abroad TV audience and even make strange rules, for example that a club will be fined if they show empty stadiums on TV etc. No joke.

RIP Getafe.

Pretty much, I'm glad they relegated last season.

And that's why that rule is rather good imo, I couldn't watch a game like Getafe - Real Madrid. Seeing an empty little stadium is just not something that's fun to watch.

La Liga could learn from the Bundesliga, with their really cheap prices and huge stadiums that are almost always sold out.
I could be wrong, but I remember that the tickets at Getafe were really expensive...

(Something different, but Italy always gets shit about their empty, ugly and old stadiums, but La Liga isn't doing that much better imo.)

Kuros

Pretty much, I'm glad they relegated last season.

And that's why that rule is rather good imo, I couldn't watch a game like Getafe - Real Madrid. Seeing an empty little stadium is just not something that's fun to watch.

La Liga could learn from the Bundesliga, with their really cheap prices and huge stadiums that are almost always sold out.
I could be wrong, but I remember that the tickets at Getafe were really expensive...

(Something different, but Italy always gets shit about their empty, ugly and old stadiums, but La Liga isn't doing that much better imo.)

Municpal stadiums - and thus the number of running tracks - in Italian stadiums was a real problem that is gradually getting rectified. Still a long way to go though.

Top Bottom