• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Jarnet87

Euro Cup 2016 was only a set back. The crusade for the World Cup begins tomorrow, and God Emperor Big Sam is the man to lead it. With veteran captain Wayne Roopney set to lead the crusade on his last hurrah before he takes his final resting place nothing can stop the Three Lions. surely this will end well.

Blablurn

Euro Cup 2016 was only a set back. The crusade for the World Cup begins tomorrow, and God Emperor Big Sam is the man to lead it. With veteran captain Wayne Roopney set to lead the crusade on his last hurrah before he takes his final resting place nothing can stop the Three Lions. surely this will end well.

sounds like a football anime fan fiction story

Syder

I'd almost rather every last shred of the Golden Generation was retired before we won anything.

Golden like those chocolate pennies you get, and just about as useful.

Even if they didn't play the European internationals all the South Americans would leave for 2 weeks. So they have to do world wide windows.

True, forgot that. But that makes even more a case for playing the international games in 1 big 'tournament', once a year.

No one would pay his wages given his injury risks. I'm a bit happier Mou has included him. Maybe the guy will at least get a few appearances. I love him as a person cause he is awesome but as a player he's just sadly passed his best and had his first season at united blown apart due to injury, again.

That's the case with lots of players (except the injury part). Man Utd should have given him a deal to terminate his contract or loan him out for cheap.
Like you said, it was a ridiculous transfer by Van Gaal and he's nowhere near good enough for Man Utd and I would even think almost any Premier League team.

Audioboxer

That's the case with lots of players (except the injury part). Man Utd should have given him a deal to terminate his contract or loan him out for cheap.
Like you said, it was a ridiculous transfer by Van Gaal and he's nowhere near good enough for Man Utd and I would even think almost any Premier League team.

I wouldn't go that far, in a team where Michael Carrick can still get a game (more so last few seasons though, he's going to find it tough now), so could Bastian. He's still got a killer pass, holds the ball well and dictates tempo. All good attributes of a holding midfielder for any prem league team.

Injuries and fitness are total killers though. Especially in the premier league, one of the most physical and fast paced there is.

T-Rex.

Banned
Completely forgot the match was on and decided to check BBC sport to see what's been happening..

V7Jnxvm.jpg

:lol yup, that's an England match alright.

Uzzy

Dreadful performance from England. Nothing in that game to suggest we'll do anything other than get knocked out in the last 16 of the World Cup to Ecuador.

Pachimari

I like how we (Denmark) play. We just really need to practice finishing during training. It almost cost us in the end, that we hadn't scored a second goal.

Audioboxer

Scotland gonna hammer England, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!

Now please wheel Hodgson back in and we might actually beat you.

Audioboxer

Haha. I genuinely will be having a day off GAF for Scotland vs England. Even although we will inevitably be beat because we are terrible, it will be the one game where England are somehow red hot and Sterling ends up with a hattrick. I can't bare the thought... Help.

I like big Sam though so it's all okay. Losing to Hodgson and I'd be a pit of despair.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Apparently Utd have removed Sir Matt Busby's plaque from the director seats and told his family to move on

Pathetic

RiggyRob

Apparently Utd have removed Sir Matt Busby's plaque from the director seats and told his family to move on

Pathetic

From the club that picked David Fucking Moyes over Mourinho? Pls.

redcafe said:
The term 'plaque' is not really accurate. In the director's box there are a number of seats with small name plaques on the underside. Since the leather seating went in there they had names on those seats. Some say 'Sir Alex Ferguson', 'Sir Bobby Charlton', others say 'Edwards Family', others said 'Busby Family'. The seats themselves can't be more than 10 years old, and the name plaque certainly hasn't been there for 50.

Sadly, last year both of Sir Matt's children died, but before then they could give those allocated seats out to family members if they were not going themselves. Now that they've died, and the grandchildren outnumber the amount of seats in the director's box and there's nobody to allocate them fairly, so United have given the family a number of season tickets instead, as they say in the article. It's just crap sensationalist journalism from the MEN again.

Top Bottom