• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Kinda off topic...

but how the hell are people letting EA get away with making FIFA look better than it did 4 years ago, yet play worse and have worse computer AI.

17 isn't out yet, but I own 16 on the PC and 13+14 on the Xbox 360. The teammate AI, opposing team AI and control are much better in Fifa 13. It's not even close.

They have the licence market cornered. Many people buy a console just for Fifa and the change in controls between it and Pro Evo is too much for some so they can get away with putting out a shitty product year after year. Last time I played Fifa was 10 or 11. Football Manager is where its at for footy games.

Clydefrog

Ahahahaha WTF. This is a headline on espnfc.com

nfR9feE.png

Kinda off topic...

but how the hell are people letting EA get away with making FIFA look better than it did 4 years ago, yet play worse and have worse computer AI.

17 isn't out yet, but I own 16 on the PC and 13+14 on the Xbox 360. The teammate AI, opposing team AI and control are much better in Fifa 13. It's not even close.

Ok..Rant over.

Less that 48 hours until the Manchester derby. I'm more excited for that than I am for my Steelers to start their season.

All about Ultimate Team these days isn't it, sadly.

Nyx

Turns out even the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga are not happy with the decision making by the UEFA in regard to the new CL setup.

Only the Italians were fine with it. (of course, the Serie A is the real winner here if they get 4 guaranteed spots)

Also, the EPFL is threatening to disregard the gentleman's agreement with UEFA on not scheduling in any national league games on CL nights.

Kuros

Turns out even the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga are not happy with the decision making by the UEFA in regard to the new CL setup.

Only the Italians were fine with it. (of course, the Serie A is the real winner here if they get 4 guaranteed spots)

Also, the EPFL is threatening to disregard the gentleman's agreement with UEFA on not scheduling in any national league games on CL nights.

That one will almost certainly be going. It's already happened a fair bit anyway due to scheduling conflicts.

PatjuhR

I'd rather watch any PL game including two top 10 (?) teams than a CL match that doesn't include a Dutch team, Inter (lol), or two teams that are Barca, Real or Munchen.

With the current things going on within the UEFA I would also say fuck them.

Not feeling this new Manchester City/United narrative. Feels overly forced. Watching The Premier League Show about the derby was an utter joke, only thing that talked about the actual football of the two clubs was Sheerer for about 30 seconds.

Also that reminds me do football journalists and writers just regurgitate the crap that is on twitter then spout it as fact.

Syder

Kinda off topic...

All about Ultimate Team these days isn't it, sadly.
When they first brought out Ultimate Team back in 08 (I think), they had the choice of making one of two features the key selling point of the game and they chose UT over the Be A Pro mode which myself and my friends at least preferred massively over UT. As a result, a game which I thought I'd never stop buying I haven't owned since FIFA 13.

So, apparently Real is going to extend the contracts for Ronaldo, Bale, Modric and Kroos this month. It wouldn't surprise me if they announced them all at once.
That's probably where Real's transfer money is going to :D

Pepe not getting a mention is weird, because he showed this summer that he's still one of the best on his position and only has a contract until this summer. A central defender can still be very good even when getting older, getting a little bit slower etc is not that bad compared to other positions.
Isco is the next question, only has a contract until 2018 and Benzema until 2019, but I can see that getting done very quickly. Isco and Benzema have said enough times that they want to stay at Real Madrid as long as possible.

And the recent news is that Real and Atletico (as predicted) get a 2 transfer ban for mistakes they made with signing some youngsters. Sounds bad, but in reality it's not. The winter transfer period is almost never used for big transfers and they can sign players next summer, but they can only start playing until January (so you could loan them out at their current club for 6 months).

spidye

Can't watch bayern because I'm on a fucking plane and it will take off in 10 mins

I hope my boy Sanches surprises us

tim.mbp

Sanches was pretty bad though.
Costa was great.

Why were they throwing shit at Müller? I get there's some bad blood with Neuer, not sure what Müller did.

Top Bottom