• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

In class, how have they looked?

Yeah, pretty good. Derby have been struggling recently so anything other than a decent performance would have been a bit worrying. Origi took his goal well. He looks to be returning to his pre-injury form.

It is nice to have a convincing win against a lower league team for once.

la_briola

With Leverkusen & Schalke (probably) having shitty seasons, you & Hertha could get into int. spots again.

/BVB in the past 7 days: 17:1 goals (vs. Warsaw, Darmstadt & Wolfsburg)
//HSV continues to die

It's glorious indeed. 1/4 of the points to stay in the league.
clock-eyebrow.gif

Valencia CF Official Statment

Following a meeting of the Board of Directors, Valencia Club de Fútbol have taken the decision to release Pako Ayestarán from his role as first team coach. The decision has been made after analysing the current sporting situation and results.

While the Club is finalising the appointment of a new coach, full responsibility and confidence is placed in Salvador González –‘Voro’- to take charge of the first team during this interim period.

Valencia Club de Fútbol would like to thank Pako Ayestarán and his coaching staff for their commitment, effort and professionalism during their time in charge of the team. The Club wish him and his team the best of luck for the future.

NHale

Wasilewski is terrible. What a dumbass.

He didn't say that Yaya should apologize -- he said Seluk should. And he's right and it's about fucking time we stood up to him publicly. Yaya is represented by Seluk in every regard and he needs to rein him in because Seluk has absolutely destroyed so much good will with the fans. If Yaya doesn't care about playing, then it's not a big deal as he obviously isn't needed at this point, but if he wants to salvage anything of the next year, he needs to get Seluk under control.

I agree, Pep is right and he's entirely in his right in defending after the agent tantrums after being out of the CL list but you can't deny if it was Mourinho doing this the same exact way, the media would be over this creating stories about him throwing players out of the team publicly, that was my point.

Floody

Things are looking suspiciously bright since the burnley spanking

We're set up beautifully for a 4-0 spanking from Hull.

Completely forgot about the EFL games, happy to see we can field a not full strength team and still look really good attacking, even if it was only against Derby, but we'd more often than not completely overlook them and lose 1-0 in the past. Damn, I'm starting to get a little excited and I hate being excited for LFC as they'll always let you down when you're least expecting it.

We're set up beautifully for a 4-0 spanking from Hull.

Completely forgot about the EFL games, happy to see we can field a not full strength team and still look really good attacking, even if it was only against Derby, but we'd more often than not completely overlook them and lose 1-0 in the past. Damn, I'm starting to get a little excited and I hate being excited for LFC as they'll always let you down when you're least expecting it.

At least the Hull game is at home...

Floody

At least the Hull game is at home...

Yeah, hopefully, we can blow them away like we did Leicester, would make me soo much more confident in a top 4 challenge then us beating Chelsea or Arsenal did, as we always let ourselves down by overlooking the lesser teams.

Jack cw

This could be Dortmunds year. They look too good.
Every year the same.
A couple of months ago they were said to win EL handsomely and win Bundesliga after Bayerns mediocre second half of the season.

Bundesliga needs a strong BVB.
In the end it will be as always: If Bayern does win games like against Ingolstadt, you need a season with over 80 points to be able to compete with them. Dortmund is the only team that could pull this off. With all repsect to Hertha, Köln and Frankfurt.

Carbonox

Bit annoying we had to beat Wolves in the cup and not the league over the weekend but whatever, we got to see Gouffran's second first-time sublime volley goal of the season.

Hope we smash the shit out of Villa next.

As for that Seluk/Toure/Pep situation, it's fucking cringe. Football agents are cretins of the highest order.

sora87

"Sky Sports - Barcelona forward Neymar has drawn criticism this week for his showboating, but has the Brazilian really gone too far? http://skysports.tv/qSQd8I"

Are you kidding me? Sky sports getting critics in to discuss if Neymar is being a big meany for leaving defenders on their ass by doing a few tricks, holy crap

Jarnet87

Carrick expected to start against Northampton. Wayne could sit out. Carrick with Pogba and Herrera/Schneiderlin in front. A real midfield we might see.

I agree, Pep is right and he's entirely in his right in defending after the agent tantrums after being out of the CL list but you can't deny if it was Mourinho doing this the same exact way, the media would be over this creating stories about him throwing players out of the team publicly, that was my point.

If it was Mourinho having to deal with Seluk nobody would give him shit for it. If they did they have no idea how much of a cretin the agent is.

This is an ok article on the subject http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...arcelona-champions-league-squad-a7320826.html

King_Moc

Banned
Carrick expected to start against Northampton. Wayne could sit out. Carrick with Pogba and Herrera/Schneiderlin in front. A real midfield we might see.

Damn it, no Rooney? They might actually be taking this one seriously.

Edit: He's playing, NTFC have a chance!

Damn it, no Rooney? They might actually be taking this one seriously.

Edit: He's playing, NTFC have a chance!
This is the perfect match for Rppney to bang in a few goals so he can break Charlton's scoring record and we'll sell him to the MLS in January.

Edit: is the United match on TV in the US? If so, what channel?

Jarnet87

Rooney as the lone striker to try and bang in goals for confidence, pathetic. What is it about taking the United job that has turned 3 men into gutless cowards.

@ Inferno. Beinsports is showing a replay at 10:00 PM. It might be live on a spanish channel.

King_Moc

Banned
This is the perfect match for Rppney to bang in a few goals so he can break Charlton's scoring record and we'll sell him to the MLS in January.

Edit: is the United match on TV in the US? If so, what channel?

It might not be that easy. Northampton just did a 31 game unbeaten streak and put West Brom out in the last round.

King_Moc

Banned
Impressive. Didn't know how well they were doing honestly. I wish I had more free time to follow other leagues like I used to be able to do...

I went to about 15 of the games. They play decent football for a team down there. Can't see them doing too much even against a weakened Utd though, but they're doing pretty well for themselves.

Jarnet87

Rooney will start vs Leicester. The papers will praise Rooney tomorrow for banging in a few useless goals tonight despite looking terrible, and go right back to slaughtering him on Sunday.

Syder

"Sky Sports - Barcelona forward Neymar has drawn criticism this week for his showboating, but has the Brazilian really gone too far? http://skysports.tv/qSQd8I"

Are you kidding me? Sky sports getting critics in to discuss if Neymar is being a big meany for leaving defenders on their ass by doing a few tricks, holy crap
Reminds me of the media 'debate' over whether or not Messi and Suarez doing the 'tap penalty' is 'disrespectful' to other teams.

If you think it's disrespectful you don't understand football.

Audioboxer

Playing Rooney tonight could be a touch of masterclass. If he plays poor then bye bye Rooney.

Cause even if he is stinking, we should still win via a goal from somewhere else.

Top Bottom