• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clicked this thread without knowing if this was about American or Association Football, lol. Happy to see that America's ubiquitous presence in GAF is not total haha.

Welcome Alex_Mexico to the superior ball foot thread.

What is your name and where are you from?
Mexico here. I don't have a particular alliegence for any European club. I like rooting for the underdog so that's why I find the Spanish league so boring. I do love international tournaments with nations the most. Eurocup, Copa America, Confederations, WC, you name it. Champions League I like to see but with the games in the middle of the week at 1pm for me I never get to see them except for the final that's on a Saturday.

Can't wait for next year's WC!

Tubie

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

This is me every morning when I realize Benzema is still our only striker.

Alex_Mexico watch the Premier League if you wanna support the underdog always an upset round the corner.

Not sure we will get a Leicester outcome any time soon but the FA cup is full of hilarity when it comes to upsets.

Rahvar

Did anyone see that kickoff in the PSG game? Felt like a cup game with teams separated by 3+ divisions 😂

Edit: also, hello!

xintin

I don't think i've posted in the OT in the last few seasons, but with the imminent signing of Chelsea's soon to be greatest ever player, Sir Daniel Noel Drinkwater, I felt the urge to post again.

And also to make any ridiculous photoshop requests as they pop up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, thats one trophy in the books, but the team looked bad after the abysmal pre-season, we havent replaced Semedo, we havent replaced Ederson, we haent replaced Lindelof, and the only good booking so far seems to be this Seferovic dude, who looks good (scored again today) but we already had 3 good strikers so...yeah :/

I remember Moreno's first game for us where he scored against Tottenham and he was ace. Always wanted him to live up to that first match but he never ended up getting there. Looks like he may be getting back to that by the last few matches. He's still better at attacking that defending though but hey, that's too much to ask for lol.

tomtom94

I don't think i've posted in the OT in the last few seasons, but with the imminent signing of Chelsea's soon to be greatest ever player, Sir Daniel Noel Drinkwater, I felt the urge to post again.

And also to make any ridiculous photoshop requests as they pop up.

I remember signing him for Burton Albion back on Football Manager 2010. Strange to think he's one of the best players in England right now.

T-Rex.

Banned
I remember Moreno's first game for us where he scored against Tottenham and he was ace. Always wanted him to live up to that first match but he never ended up getting there. Looks like he may be getting back to that by the last few matches. He's still better at attacking that defending though but hey, that's too much to ask for lol.
There's definitely a place for him in the team for our home matches cos I reckon the majority of our home matches will just be teams like West Brom, Man Utd etc having 11 men behind the ball for the 90 minutes.

King_Moc

Banned
There's definitely a place for him in the team for our home matches cos I reckon the majority of our home matches will just be teams like West Brom, Man Utd etc having 11 men behind the ball for the 90 minutes.

We concede on the inevitable counter attacks a lot though. And Moreno's pretty useless under pressure.

T-Rex.

Banned
We concede on the inevitable counter attacks a lot though. And Moreno's pretty useless under pressure.
Very true, but we suffered from the same problem last season (even without Moreno in the team) so I think it's worth taking the risk. I haven't seen much of Robertson so I'm not sure how good he is going forward or whether he's good enough for us, but I just really don't want to sit through another season of teams defending deep at Anfield, the ball going out wide to Milner, and him either lofting in a shite cross to no-one in the box, or cutting onto his right foot to pass into midfield where there's no space whatsoever.

CrayToes

I wonder how much game time Woodburn, Solanke & Kent will get this season. They all looked great in pre season. Clyne also needs to step up when he's fit because TAA looks like he's matured a lot.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Think is the first year in ages where I've not fired up FM during the summer transfer craziness and stopped playing after about a month when I can't get Worcester City to do anything (It's where I live now).

IIRC last time I was playing full fat for a while before finding Classic which was much better.

FM Touch mode is where it's at.

I've played all of 6 hours of normal FM this year. Too bloated.

RocknRola

RocknRola explain me Miguel Silva. It seems he plays for a team on the pitch but it's not Vitoria.

Honestly, it's mostly the fault of the coach. Last year he was supposed to be the 1st keeper on team to continue on his good debut year before that. Alas, we has benched hard for 90% of the season, only playing cups. He is young, he has quality, he NEEDS to play more to gain more experience.

Honestly, it's mostly the fault of the coach. Last year he was supposed to be the 1st keeper on team to continue on his good debut year before that. Alas, we has benched hard for 90% of the season, only playing cups. He is young, he has quality, he NEEDS to play more to gain more experience.

He looks like Neuer against Sporting though. Against Benfica he looks like Ventura. Yesterday, a cns goalkeeper would have looked more solid. Can't understand it.

RocknRola

He looks like Neuer against Sporting though. Against Benfica he looks like Ventura. Yesterday, a cns goalkeeper would have looked more solid. Can't understand it.

Again, needs to play more. Also, the defense really didn't help him yesterday. That 3rd goal, ugh... amateur hour.

Edit:

It's a bit like Rui Patricio when he first came on the scene. He made quite a few mistakes during his first 2 or so years, but he kept playing and now is one the best in Europe (and the world). We can't expect Miguel to get better if he doens't get to play, it simply can't happen. Hopefully this year the coach won't keep on betting on DOuglas (which also makes plenty of mistakes too).

El Topo

According to this report, Leipzig are actually in debt and promised Liverpool that they would sell them Keita and they went back on their word. Interesting.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/635026/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Naby-Keita-RB-Leipzig-Premier-League-Jurgen-Klopp

That's a pretty shitty source. It's also quite nonsensical to argue about debt given the Bundesliga license system and given that Red Bull is behind the club. Just at first glance, based on those quotes, the guy...doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about. The club is technically in debt with Red Bull, but...there are questions about that.

Isn't Sanchez also a striker for Arsenal?

They also bought Podolski in the same window (coming off a season where he'd scored more Bundesliga goals than he had in any season previous), and England-regular Welbeck in 2014. Walcott was trying to be a centre-forward at stretches during this period, too.

Arsenal have had other strikers, it's just that none of them have been good enough to displace Giroud for any meaningful period of time.

Lashley

WTF I could've swore I read the Community Shield was on ITV this year

Fuck BT Sport.

Lashley

No Ozil or Sanchez...We're fucked.

Arsenal XI vs. Chelsea: Cech; Holding, Mertesacker, Monreal; Bellerin, Elneny, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Welbeck, Iwobi; Lacazette.

Chelsea XI vs. Arsenal: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Batshuayi, Pedro.

I'm just posting it, I didn't say they were reputable. Dailystar isn't the only one posting about how much they are in debt though. Also according to FFP, I thought a company is suppose to be self efficient and not loan from the parent company. Also Daily Star is reporting this from a podcast, they didn't make up the quotes.

Lashley

I'm just posting it, I didn't say they were reputable. Dailystar isn't the only one posting about how much they are in debt though. Also according to FFP, I thought a company is suppose to be self efficient and not loan from the parent company.

It's probably true, I think the red bull teams situation is shady as fuck

RocknRola

Arsenal XI vs. Chelsea: Cech; Holding, Mertesacker, Monreal; Bellerin, Elneny, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Welbeck, Iwobi; Lacazette.

Chelsea XI vs. Arsenal: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso; Willian, Batshuayi, Pedro.

Are they injured or is Wenger pulling a Wenger?

Syder

Chelsea looking pretty weak too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom