• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrS

Banned
Majority of goals and assists came through Hazard and Costa last season.

I don't think Chelsea will concede much but I think they'll struggle for goals.
I hear you, but I'm pretty sure Michy bagged 2 against Arsenal last time he played against them. In Michy we trust.

Blablurn

DGiMPLmXUAAzYCD.jpg:large

Are they injured or is Wenger pulling a Wenger?

Kolašinac only on the bench, too. Alexis had an illness, so missed a little training - may not be at 100%.

Also worth noting that Arsenal play again on Friday. Ridiculous scheduling, but clearly keeping players fresh for the Premier League will trump winning a pre-season trophy.

Klopp said Milner playing midfield is like a new signing.

Liverpool now have the same number of real signings (Salah, Solanke, Robertson) as pretend signings (Henderson, Sturridge, Milner).

Lunar FC

Klopp said Milner playing midfield is like a new signing.

Liverpool now have the same number of real signings (Salah, Solanke, Robertson) as pretend signings (Henderson, Sturridge, Milner).

Can't wait to see Ings make his Liverpool debut. Our best addition this summer.

That is basically Chelsea's strongest squad they could put out currently other than maybe swapping bats for Morata. Though bats has looked good in the preseason.

As unexcited as I am for Morata, I think it's quite clear he is an upgrade over Bats. Also Rudiger in, Azpi to the right instead of Moses. Some people say Azpi doesn't contribute enough offensively for this to be done, but come the fuck on, neither does Moses, who only really have useless dribbling resulting in counters, or bad crosses.

Another CM and a left or right back for Chelsea, and I think it looks pretty good for next season.

RocknRola

Arsenal is actually doing pretty well for now. Ozil and Sanchez not playing isn't making much of a difference...yet at least.

Moses was excellent last season. I've always thought he was a really good player. I don't know why you'd want to get rid of him.

He was decent, and has always been decent to good. But he lacks a lot defensively, and doesn't add a whole lot attacking... Probably the position Chelsea are weakest on. He is not good enough for a team that wants to consistently challenge for premier league. On top of that, he has dealt with lots of injuries the last few years, so it's a huge gamble to not have another RWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom