• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
West ham turned up to defend so United looked mostly in control. Once we scored it opened up a bit, then the second only did it more. As west ham chased the game we notched 2 more and probably could have had another couple.

Highights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxW5oCTlMw

The fact that this was our mindset going into the game pisses me off. Lose before you even play. Once I saw the bench I knew it was going to be 3-0.

Tosyn_88

I told people that Manchester United will win the league or just narrowly lose to city. I suspect City will suffer a poor patch due to their attack minded system. United on the other hand will grind out the league, it won't be pretty and it will be boring but they will grind it out due to Matic and Lukaku. It's very reminiscent of Jose Chelsea

Syder

wow RIP Juve
FC-Bayern-v-AC-Milan-2017-International-Champions-Cup-China.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I told people that Manchester United will win the league or just narrowly lose to city. I suspect City will suffer a poor patch due to their attack minded system. United on the other hand will grind out the league, it won't be pretty and it will be boring but they will grind it out due to Matic and Lukaku. It's very reminiscent of Jose Chelsea

They looked good, but it's only been one game. They started last season well too.

Zasa

The system Man City are playing with now is the most defensive they've rolled with. Both WB's were way more conservative as well than usual. Same as in preseason. Definitely a more pragamatic approach then we're used to seeing.

Probably won't be playing with the 352 all season though

Overall, I agree apart from that. This is definitely a peak Mourinho team. With players that fit his system like a glove & are playing his way to a much higher standard than last season. A lot depends on Pogba though, really needs to be more consistent in the league & hopefully get 20 goals+ between him & Rashford/Martial, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom