• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Did Klopp take his son to the match the other day?

DHIlPcAXsAIELsv.jpg:large

Tosyn_88

They looked good, but it's only been one game. They started last season well too.
Yes they did, but here's the difference. They had problem scoring easy chances. Lukaku solves that problem esp against lesser teams. He will ensure they pick up three points and Matic makes them harder to beat which they kind of already are.
People should not sleep on arsenal too. Lacazette will score lots if arsenal play like arsenal!! Ball to feet inside the box and he will score, he's lethal. Also, if arsenal abandon Europe early and focus on the league, they will compete. City are great but I still suspect them, perhaps as the week progress, I'd evaluate city more

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Guingamp 0-2 PSG Delicious ball through from Neymar to Cavani who takes a touch and finishes low. Beautiful move.

DBT85

I told people that Manchester United will win the league or just narrowly lose to city. I suspect City will suffer a poor patch due to their attack minded system. United on the other hand will grind out the league, it won't be pretty and it will be boring but they will grind it out due to Matic and Lukaku. It's very reminiscent of Jose Chelsea

While I think we're better equipped to grind it out, I'm not making any assumptions.

I said before the weekend that If you assume Lukaku nets 25 in the league, the rest of the team needs to net 50 more, so seeing Pogba and Martial get on the scoresheet was nice and Rashford could easily have joined them.

Our biggest win in nearly 3 years, multiple scorers, Miki getting more assists than all of last season, Matic controlling things, Rashford looking dangerous and Martial looking clinical off the bench, albeit against a team that was not thinking straight. Plenty to be excited about ahead of the match at Swansea, just hope I'm not in the maternity unit for the game lol.

As I said earlier, we've just scored 7.4% of last years goals in 1 game. We scored more than 1 goal at home then went on and looked for more rather than playing dead.

RocknRola

RM only missing an in-shape CR7 to score some of the balls they're putting forward. Barça on the other hand, not looking so hot right now.

RocknRola

Gonna be honest, getting kinda tired of seeing either Barça or Real attacking and thinking they have 4-5 players on a great counter only to realize that nope, it's 1-2 attackers + 2-3 defenders from the other team lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom