• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

West Ham have been horrid

Billic won't last long
Bilic first Prem manager to get sacked this season?
Nah, it's one game.

Would I rather lose 4-0 away at Old Trafford or 3-0 at home to Huddersfield? 🤔🤔🤔

This is a write-off match and it will be the same for all mid-table clubs with such a disparity in spending, especially early in the season, and we knew coming in we'd have to wait for new players to gel while playing four out of five of our opening fixtures away from home. I honestly would not be surprised or concerned if we have 1 point after 5 games.

I'll be worried when teams in our ballpark start thrashing us.

I just feel sorry for my Dad who got caught half-way up here because of a suicide on the railway.

Syder

Pretty shit last season though weren't they.
We bought no one in the Summer that improved our starting XI and the first half of the season was gimped by the Payet debacle.

The simple fact is, if you're not in the Top 7 the aim is staying up and anything else is a bonus because the gap between 17th and 8th really isn't very big anymore.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
We bought no one in the Summer that improved our starting XI and the first half of the season was gimped by the Payet debacle.

The simple fact is, if you're not in the Top 7 the aim is staying up and anything else is a bonus because the gap between 17th and 8th really isn't very big anymore.

Definitely true. Ashley said this, and the toon fans whined on, but Midtable security is a very realistic aim.

NHale

Knocked out by Hoffenheim, draw 5-5 with Palace. Get bummed by Arsenal. Klopp gone by October.

I'm still baffled by his late sub yesterday. Why replace your right backs with 1 minute to go and just a 1 goal lead? Who does that? Give minutes to someone in a tight game? Was Alexander-Arnold hurt?

Syder

At least Syder bought a ticket to an entertaining match. Good for him. :p
This isn't my first rodeo, trust me, I've been at 4-0 losses at White Hart Lane. We don't come because we expect to win or even get anything.

Anyway, got to sort out my hotel situation now because it was all booked with my Dad and he didn't make it up here.

I'm still baffled by his late sub yesterday. Why replace your right backs with 1 minute to go and just a 1 goal lead? Who does that? Give minutes to someone in a tight game? Was Alexander-Arnold hurt?

If I had to guess. Klopp knew Watford was gonna go long towards the end, so replacing a fairly short Trent Alexander-Arnold with a tall Joe Gomez(who can play RB) seemed like a good decision at the time. Didn't work out though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Lukaku suits the Utd shirt

DHIBnzpXgAAPHoE.jpg:large

He should have done a lot better for Pogba's goal

ayyyyy

;) x

Crystal Palace and Arsenal at home for LFC next. If we wanna be in a title picture(lol) probably need to win both of those. 7 points out of 9 isn't horrible.

MrS

Banned
Could be out of the title race by October honestly, with Spurs, Everton, Arsenal and City coming up. Really can't afford to be dropping points against fucking Burnley right now.
Last season Chelsea had lost 2 by September, City had won 10 in a row and Chelsea still won the title. There are loads of games left to play and any team can still win it. Calm yourself down.

Why did Chelsea sell Matic to a title rival like United?

Because our board wanted the money and he wanted to go. Clubs like Juve and Inter who were linked were never going to pony up the money we want so we took what was available.

Also possible Matic would've rejected those other clubs to push through a move to United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom