• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Cristiano Ronaldo receives a one game ban for the sending off and a further four game suspension for his push on the referee.

Just tweeted by BBC (in case anyone wants source)

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/897091092117585922

Initial red could be contested, but I don't entirely blame the ref, when Ronaldo clearly calls for something (though I don't believe it was a planned dive or anything). Laying hands on the ref was pretty fucking daft.

ocua3yF.jpg

That could be an issue.

Beefy

Maybe you shouldn't have let your ego get the best of you Jesé and left Madrid. Should have stayed to learn and train.

Remember first seeing him and thinking he could be dope, but nope dude lost it.

Ribery needs some style, wtf is that shit.

MikeBison

Paulinho is a decent player who will give them a nice rotation as a first of second midfielder and he can even play at a 2-man formation. With a good center back like Inigo that's actually a good summer for Barca.

Paulinho is fluff. One of the worst players I've ever seen at Spurs and that's a team that had Younes Kaboul for years.

Pissing myself that Barcelona have paid 40 million Euros for that gash.

If they finish the window with no Neymar, no Coutinho replacement and only Paulinho in...

T-Rex.

Banned
According to WhoScored, some of Hoffenheim's main strengths are:

• Attacking down the wing
  • Shooting from direct free kicks
  • Attacking set pieces

fuck

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
@SkyKaveh:
Diego Costa has been fined by Chelsea for not returning for preseason training last month. Likely to be two weeks wages - so £300,000

Excited for Hoffenheim v Liverpool tomorrow

Curious to see how Nadiem Amiri does, he was a legend on my FM save
3AQmK.gif

Ronaldo is a twat for pushing the ref

Thats right. Before the push he gave a notorious diver a pen and Ronnie a 2nd yellow for what? Umtiti caused him to fall. If it wasnt a pen just let the game continue. He declares that a dive and the Suarez one a legit challenge. A joke.

Costa has been fined £300k for being a cunt. In other news

edit: this thread is moving too fast

Huddersfield Town have ended more days top of the Premier League (1) than Tottenham Hotspur (0) since September 1st 2014. Giants.

Lashley

@Beefy

BREAKING NEWS: Gao family buy stake in #saintsfc I understand it to be about 80%, circa £210m. Investment from Gao personally&not Lander

Costa has been fined £300k for being a cunt. In other news

edit: this thread is moving too fast

I love this stat

1 - Huddersfield Town have ended more days top of the Premier League (1) than Tottenham Hotspur (0) since September 1st 2014. Giants.

MikeBison

Thats right. Before the push he gave a notorious diver a pen and Ronnie a 2nd yellow for what? Umtiti caused him to fall. If it wasnt a pen just let the game continue. He declares that a dive and the Suarez one a legit challenge. A joke.

It was a dive by Suarez, but a pretty subtle one at speed. Keeper was flying out. My first thought at full speed was pen.

Ronaldo didn't dive, but it wasn't a pen either. Ronaldo has form though (as does Suarez). Again though, at full speed hard to tell. Put you can't give a yellow for a dive unless you're absolutely certain.

Can't push the ref though. Punishment is fitting, a little light if anything. Crowding, influencing, touching the ref etc needs to be stamped out.

MikeBison

@Beefy

BREAKING NEWS: Gao family buy stake in #saintsfc I understand it to be about 80%, circa £210m. Investment from Gao personally&not Lander

I love this stat

1 - Huddersfield Town have ended more days top of the Premier League (1) than Tottenham Hotspur (0) since September 1st 2014. Giants.

Wonder if they're interested in a cool bit of cash from us for a certain want away defender...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Still doesn't excuse Ronaldo pushing the ref. It was stupid.

MrS

Banned
Bookings for taking your shirt off/excessive celebrations need to end too.

You cannot defend someone pushing referee ever. Ronaldo needs a 10 match for that. He is not bigger than the game.
That's excessive. The ref made the wrong call and Ronaldo was incredulous. The ref should be apologising for sending somebody off wrongly, and Ronaldo shouldn't have pushed him. If the ref does his job properly, the whole incident doesn't happen.

MikeBison

It is a little excessive imo, have it be a warning, then a yellow if it happens again

Getting the yellow is what finally gives Firmino's celebration the gravitas after a whole season of nearly whipping it off.

A worldie volley against Stoke is enough to get down to the bare nipples though.

casiopao

Cuadrado was terrible too

/QUOTE]

At least he did tried his best there but there is literally nothing he can do when he is asked to something which is not his prowess.

We know Cuadrado had the physical capabilities but lack the decision making portion. By putting Barzagli on RB it measn Cuadrado is literally isolated alone in the front while on the other wing sides, Mandzukic is mean to stabilize the weak mid link so he is our sole creator without back up. He won't succeed at any cost.

Lashley

Happy, Kat Leibherr was great at sorting the debts out (we are debt free), but she wasn't rich enough to pump money in. We basically lived off player sales, hopefully this changes that.

Think VVD may stay now? Or is that a lost cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom