• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

WriterGK

ocua3yF.jpg

That could be an issue.
I saw him play against Ajax away. He was sublime

Happy, Kat Leibherr was great at sorting the debts out (we are debt free), but she wasn't rich enough to pump money in. We basically lived off player sales, hopefully this changes that.
Good. Used to live down near Southampton and went to see a few games. Always happy to see them succeed, even if we [Arsenal] are against them, I can't be too upset at a Saints win.

googled his name and the first result was a story on the sun from April about the takeover with this opening line

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3431770/premier-league-u-turn-200m-southampton-gao-lisheng/

ooooookay then.
Jesus, they treat the rich like America treats the poor.

Its Real fans who I am used to reading their bonkers comments

Worst fans by a mile.

Nobody defended the push, as far as I can see. Just calling the ref out on being inconsistent with booking dives.

I'm in the camp that says even if Ronaldo's fall is deemed not a penalty, it is not a bookable dive. Two players, running side by side, fighting for the ball; having someone fall is extremely natural.

I think bookable dives have to be blatant.

WriterGK

Amiri is really good, he'll tear them apart
I hope Liverpool qualify so they drop points in The League.
Anyway mate. Do we have a fantast Premier League group I can join? Got 52 points for week 1 but havent played in years. Especially Kane not scoring was a let down :(

Carl2291

Suarez gets away with diving, earns a penalty and Real lost the 1-0 lead while Ronaldo gets fouled and gets immediately booked for diving, earning a second yellow.

It's no real surprise his frustration got the better of him, as much like the rest of us he's probably sick to fucking death of Barca either cheating or buying referees and ruining the game.

faridmon

Nobody defended the push, as far as I can see. Just calling the ref out on being inconsistent with booking dives.

I'm in the camp that says even if Ronaldo's fall is deemed not a penalty, it is not a bookable dive. Two players, running side by side, fighting for the ball; having someone fall is extremely natural.

I think bookable dives have to be blatant.

Its very hard to dodge accurately whether its a dive or not from the refs perspective. He deemed he had enough reason to book Ronaldo for a dive, who are we to doubt that? considering we have TV replays to show if it is or not.

Having said, Suarez should have been booked for diving.

Suarez gets away with diving, earns a penalty and Real lost the 1-0 lead while Ronaldo gets fouled and gets immediately booked for diving, earning a second yellow.

It's no real surprise his frustration got the better of him, as much like the rest of us he's probably sick to fucking death of Barca either cheating or buying referees and ruining the game.
You'd think if they actually were the 'best team in the world' they wouldn't need to but hey-ho. Still, as I've said about 16 times in this thread over the last 70-odd pages, nowhere nearly as a bad as the PSG game. Worst thing is that pundits and papers enabled and normalised their cheating just because of what a comeback it was.

Maybe this is what PL teams need to do...

Eh? The three of them would be £80m more than the Neymar money at the absolute maximum.
Yeah but I feel no sympathy for teams that can spend that kind of money, its all much of a muchness. Its hypocritical to be upset at a team for outspending you when you can do that to almost every other team in your league and shit loads of other Champions League teams.

So let's get this out of the way, first and foremost Ronaldo deserves the ban. No player should ever touch a referee.

That being said, the league has to do something about Suarez. He's such a talented player but he always dives and cheats. Like, it's a disgrace at this point and I cringe expecting a call to go his way whenever he does it. The referees fall for it every single time, but it's about time the league starts doing something about it. How do Barca fans accept this shit behaviour in every Clasico?

Fucking hell, it's so embarrassing watching him dive and roll and hold his leg or throat as if he's dying.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ronaldo's second yellow was bullshit, not a dive but not a penalty.

Push was silly and he deserves the extended ban.

Suarez should be punished for his dive too, but whatever. Game of Thrones time.

The sickest thing about Barcelona is how they get away with it. Its unbelievable.
That Neymar dive vs Ramos in the box that caused a pen was horrendous. I could go further back and even mention that Chelsea/Barca game.

The PSG cl match was the pinnacle.

The PSG cl match was the pinnacle.

Ohh man, that game's referee was something else.

Pique was talking about referees and how they have an agenda against Barcelona when throughout the season they had more calls their way than not.

Then the PSG game happened.

barca.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Look at him hold his throat as of he's chocking or something, I mean, how is this acceptable?

Dadasch

I think we'll comfortably beat Hoffenheim honestly.
I wouldn't go that far. You shouldn't underestimate Hoffenheim.
They play very competent, weakness is the defense (since they are in the Bundesliga basically) but their offensive strength should be noted.
Thing is, Liverpool has a pretty similar playstyle and has a (well obviously) better squad.

He's such a piece of shit.
You have to give it to him...strangling yourself just to get a penalty is pretty ballsy lol

Tosyn_88

Until EPL clubs start performing constantly well in CL, yes. Winning EPL is not the biggest achievement a player can dream about.

Also, playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona is a dream of many.

Yet neither Bayern, PSG Athletico nor Juventus have won it in the past five years. Please, spare me the goal post shifting.

Look at what PSG and the Italian clubs do!! They clearly prioritise the development of their clubs and league ahead of some noble individual decision rubbish I often hear. There's a reason the Italian club s prioritise the sale of dybala and Belotti only to Italian clubs. There's a reason Madrid couldn't sign David Alaba after several attempts, there's a reason PSG went on the offensive against Barcelona. The sun doesn't shine out of their bums.

Heck, look at Leipzig and Naby Keita case. If a club doesn't want to sell, Barcelona can roll all they want, it won't happen

Tubie

Ohh man, that game's referee was something else.

Pique was talking about referees and how they have an agenda against Barcelona when throughout the season they had more calls their way than not.

Then the PSG game happened.

barca.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Look at him hold his throat as of he's chocking or something, I mean, how is this acceptable?

Fucking disgusting and he always gets away with it.

Ronaldo dives sometimes yes and is also disgusting when he does it.

Nobody comes close to Suarez or Neymar tho.

I was watching the PSG game yesterday, and it was hilarious the calls Neymar wanted the ref to blow the whistle for. 😂😂😂. Amazing player but damn so much whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom