• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they aren't strong then they would not have come this far. You don't just finish 4th in Germany with the snap of your fingers. They were only 2 points behind number 3 Dortmund and 13 points number 5 1Fc Koln. I do have to confess I don't watch Bundesliga that often but I will definitely be watching a lot of summary video's this whole season and hopefully some live matches as well. But it's alway dangerous to underestimated your fellow opponent. I know Bayern are like 1 man team for champions in Germany but all the other places are some really good teams for in the races.

I have to agree with this. I was even hearing yesterday that hoffenheim have the best record in their league with the most set piece goals. This kinda has me shitting my pants.

Dadasch

Also, never forget.

1237035219_rivaldo-ball-to-the-face.gif

Something inside me died that day...
#neverforget

Tom Lawrence close to signing for Derby from Leicester for £7m.

This makes me sad for two reasons. 1. He was so good for us last season it will be horrible seeing him do it for someone else, and 2. Ipswich will never be in a position to spend that amount on one player.

NHale

If Arsenal decides to sell Alexis to a PL club, why would they sell him for Chelsea instead of Man City? It's known that Alexis is one of Pep top targets and I'm sure City would just overbid Chelsea.

And I would bet the fans would be less angry if they sold him to City instead of Chelsea as well.

ROFL, I lost it at Conte's face

If Arsenal decides to sell Alexis to a PL club, why would they sell him for Chelsea instead of Man City? It's known that Alexis is one of Pep top targets and I'm sure City would just overbid Chelsea.

And I would bet the fans would be less angry if they sold him to City instead of Chelsea as well.

Also, here in Chile it's been reported a lot of times already that's where Alexis wants to play.

Let it happen, Arsenal :D

Beefy

Van Dijk, Oxlade and Alexis for maximum butthurt.

And throw in Sergi Roberto as well for central midfield.

Still can't see us selling Van Dijk. Unless Chelsea bid stupid money, I am talking close to £100m. The new owner will make it a statement of intent

MrS

Banned
If Liverpool were serious about keeping Coutinho, they'd play him tomorrow and scupper his move to Barcelona in the process. So why won't they?

Alexis might choose Chelsea because of London. Let it happen please. Hazard+Sanchez together will be dominating.
Arsenal won't sell him to a rival. It's just not going to happen.

Beefy

Prem clubs want the window to end before the start of the season and will vote for it next week. Then it goes to UEFA to see if it is allowed.

NHale

Prem clubs want the window to end before the start of the window and will vote for it next week. Then it goes to UEFA to see if it is allowed.

But that wouldn't be a problem considering English clubs couldn't buy after the second week of August, but other clubs in Europe could still buy from English teams that then wouldn't be allowed to get replacements because their window is closed?

Or are Premier League clubs trying to change the window for everyone? I'm sure Spanish clubs aren't having any of that....

But that wouldn't be a problem considering English clubs couldn't buy after the second week of August, but other clubs in Europe could still buy from English teams that wouldn't be required to get replacements because their window is closed?

Or are Premier League clubs trying to change the window for everyone? I'm sure Spanish clubs aren't having any of that....

Guess it's issues like that UEFA would have to hash out.

RocknRola

If that's just for the Premier League, then it'll just put their own teams at a greater risk. Clubs from other leagues would still be able to buy their players.

If they want to change it for ALL leagues... good luck!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I have to admit I hate that the window drags on into the new season. Especially now when you get players who just sulk until the last day when they finally go.

Prem clubs want the window to end before the start of the season and will vote for it next week. Then it goes to UEFA to see if it is allowed.

Ah nah, that takes all of the fun out of the last minute panic buys when Tottenham
hopefully
realise they're awful.

Zasa

Matt Law (he's reliable with Chelsea news): Manchester City to make £60m bid for Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez.

"...Wenger and Arsenal have also been particularly insistent that Sánchez will not be allowed to join a Premier League rival. But that will not stop City, on the instruction of manager Guardiola, trying to tempt Arsenal with a bid of around £60 million before the end of this month. City are also prepared to hand Sánchez a contract worth around £400,000 a week, including bonuses and image rights, if they can convince Arsenal to sell."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...e-60m-bid-arsenal-forward-alexis-sanchez/amp/

T-Rex.

Banned
Klopp was at pains to say that FSG have the last word and the last word is unequivocally that Coutinho stays. Klopp explained it thus: ”If, for example, there is an offer for a player and I say ‘No' and the owners say, ‘Yes, let's ask for a number on how much they want to pay'. And I say, ‘I don't want to hear it'. But they say ‘We want to hear it, £50 million ... £50 million is cool'. So then they sell the player – that is how a club works.

If they [FSG] say they [Barcelona] will bid whatever and we [FSG] don't want it then it is a clear message. We don't want money, we want to invest in the team and have the best team because we have aims and dreams. That is the message.

It's not important what I think. I have the player from August 31 latest, again, or when the back issue is sorted."
I can't see the club selling after this. It'd be hilarious if they miss out on both Coutinho and Dembele.

Matt Law (he's reliable with Chelsea news): Manchester City to make £60m bid for Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez.

"...Wenger and Arsenal have also been particularly insistent that Sánchez will not be allowed to join a Premier League rival. But that will not stop City, on the instruction of manager Guardiola, trying to tempt Arsenal with a bid of around £60 million before the end of this month. City are also prepared to hand Sánchez a contract worth around £400,000 a week, including bonuses and image rights, if they can convince Arsenal to sell."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...e-60m-bid-arsenal-forward-alexis-sanchez/amp/

Can you, or anyone, explain to me. All that "Sánchez will not be allowed to join a PL rival" is just a "desire", a verbal agreement between Arsenal & Alexis, based in the player's "honor" or it's legal stuff, mandatory?

I'm guessing it's Alexis' word on the matter, otherwise I can't imagine MC making the offer, knowing it's just not possible for Alexis to go with them.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can you, or anyone, explain to me. All that "Sánchez will not be allowed to join a PL rival" is just a "desire", a verbal agreement between Arsenal & Alexis, based in the player's "honor" or it's legal stuff, mandatory?

I'm guessing it's Alexis' word on the matter, otherwise I can't imagine MC making the offer, knowing it's just not possible for Alexis to go with them.
We aren't going to strengthen our rivals

We've done it before when we needed the money but we no longer do. We could keep him this season and lose him next season for free

We aren't going to strengthen our rivals

We've done it before when we needed the money but we no longer do. We could keep him this season and lose him next season for free

Ok, I guess -from your response- it's only a statement of intents, not really mandatory.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom