• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHcEMW9WAAAzdPQ.jpg:large

Good to see AC Milan legend Bonucci represented there, he deserves it.

Audioboxer

The key things to #staysafe:

Let the mods do their thing and don't turn this into a place to bitch about them. Arguing about band is how

Don't get personal with eachother.

Remember, we're here for football, and the shit bant that comes with it.

Not too hard but I just want us to survive, I don't have enough IRL friends to talk football with for this place to burn down 😥

Exactly, instead, we should focus on how Coutinho has a super serious back injury.

Seems like the upgrade from man flu.

If Barca's offer breaches 100m pounds, how can you not sell little Phil? If they're so desperate to overpay, let them. Then plunder Ajax for some talent. I'm sure they've got someone useful.

Sane_Man

If Barca's offer breaches 100m pounds, how can you not sell little Phil? If they're so desperate to overpay, let them. Then plunder Ajax for some talent. I'm sure they've got someone useful.

He's worth more to us than that. We can't attract world class players so the money would just mean we most likely sign nobody or gamble it on players who might not cut it.

I don't think he's in the wrong. Why would he bother going back to the club that he's been told he's not wanted at? what's the point?

If you went into work and your boss told you they don't need you you're probably not going to turn up every day just to be humiliated.

the worse thing that will happen to him is they'll sue for breach of contract but he'll become a free agent. I would assume he's rich enough that it would be a mild inconvenience.

Costa wanted to leave, he tried to go back to Atletico last summer too. It's a safe bet that they agreed to let him go in January but wanted to keep him until the end of the season as they were in the middle of a title run. After the January transfer window he spent the rest of the season looking switched off and half-assing it on the pitch. He waved goodbye to the fans in the last home game and made it pretty clear he did not expect to ever be back. An immediate move to Atletico didn't happen, for any number of reasons, and early in the summer he starts playing the victim and acting aggrieved. That interview with the Daily Mail was the biggest crock of shit I've ever read. He's trying to force Chelsea to let him go to Atletico for free and Chelsea are having none of it. He can rot until this gets hashed out in court for all I care.

Exactly, instead, we should focus on how Coutinho has a super serious back injury.

Seems like the upgrade from man flu.

My ITK sources tell me the back pain comes from a worm that Neymar injected during an international break, that also brainwashes you into wanting to go to Barca. So when the back injury is gone, he'll be back to the lovable guy we know he is!

100 mil would great in the market of the past. In the market now we've already had that money and we still missed out on VVD and Keita. We have money. We don't need money. We need players. We just can't seem to coax them out and catch them in a net.

Tubie

Don't sell Phil for less than 150m imo.

And Dortmund with Dembele should ask that much too.

Make them pay 300m+ for 2 players lol.

I guess Zizou for trainer of the year and Ronnie for europes best player and fifas best player award. Total sweep by Real. Is this their triple year?

faridmon

As much as I hate the cunt, Costa is a quality striker and Chelsea are fools to let the situation escalate to this degree. Morata ain't gonna score 20+ goals for them

WriterGK

Good to see AC Milan legend Bonucci represented there, he deserves it.

I had to laugh at your comment haha, nice one bro.
I love Arsenal and I think even without Alexis we will be beat Stoke 1-2. The Liverpool match is tough I think that will be 2-2.

As much as I hate the cunt, Costa is a quality striker and Chelsea are fools to let the situation escalate to this degree. Morata ain't gonna score 20+ goals for them

Well they expect Alvaro to do that, right? You ain't gonna buy him for 80 mil and say ''score between 10-15 goals''. And it's not like scoring in the Premier League is really that hard.

For that short amount he was playing in their 1st match he was bretty gud. I could see Morata developing into a EPL scoring machine.

Audioboxer

My ITK sources tell me the back pain comes from a worm that Neymar injected during an international break, that also brainwashes you into wanting to go to Barca. So when the back injury is gone, he'll be back to the lovable guy we know he is!

100 mil would great in the market of the past. In the market now we've already had that money and we still missed out on VVD and Keita. We have money. We don't need money. We need players. We just can't seem to coax them out and catch them in a net.

Banecelona got to him

At this point going to Barcelona would be a downgrade from Liverpool, amirite? #FreeMessi

Dadasch

Don't sell Phil for less than 150m imo.

And Dortmund with Dembele should ask that much too.

Make them pay 300m+ for 2 players lol.

Funny thing is, Barcelona is now in a very questionable position, because they basically told their fans after a crushing defeat they would bring Dembele and Coutinho. What do they expect how their fans will react if they actually don't come?

Yeah, it's gonna be bad...
So do the right thing Barcelona and pay each club 150mio.
giphy.gif

Costa was already making a scene in January when he wasn't allowed to leave for China in the middle of our title run. And after that Costa was only half the player compared to before January. I'm not surprised Conte doesn't rate him anymore after that.

Costa shouldn't try to play the victim here because he's not. He's just a fucking baby who cries when he doesn't get what he wants.

Funny thing is, Barcelona is now in a very questionable position, because they basically told their fans after a crushing defeat they would bring Dembele and Coutinho. What do they expect how their fans will react if they actually don't come?

Yeah, it's gonna be bad...
So do the right thing Barcelona and pay each club 150mio.

200 mil, without telling them we've already got a contract agreement with Messi. Combine VVD and Keita money with that to hit the release clause. Sounds fair to me!

That Zlatan video game looks kinda fun.

775002668al00007zlatanimb_jpg-243549-original.jpg

Jeez, man looks like he's ready for Overwatch. Bicycle kick ult?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Joey Barton: "Klopp isn't a Pep, Mourinho or Ancelotti. He puts himself in that bracket.

He's like a giant German cheerleader."

👀

Labadal

Terrorist attack in Barcelona. :(

I think 13 confirmed dead. I was going to type a completely different message, but this is what I read before typing...

Lashley

Yeah, thoughts are with our Spanish football friends ❤

EDIT: Chris Sutton on Patrick Roberts: "I’ve had it on good authority that Patrick Roberts will sign for Celtic."

Costa was already making a scene in January when he wasn't allowed to leave for China in the middle of our title run. And after that Costa was only half the player compared to before January. I'm not surprised Conte doesn't rate him anymore after that.

Costa shouldn't try to play the victim here because he's not. He's just a fucking baby who cries when he doesn't get what he wants.

This. His form changed drastically in January. He is creating this drama because he knows Atletico can't use him till January and Chelsea won't sell him cheap. Now using this, he has effectively dropped his price to what Atletico wants. What an asshole. But when he was in form, he was one of the best player last year. That goal against WBA was phenomenal. He just bullied them into conceding. I don't think Morata can do that.

Lashley

This. His form changed drastically in January. He is creating this drama because he knows Atletico can't use him till January and Chelsea won't sell him cheap. Now using this, he has effectively dropped his price to what Atletico wants. What an asshole. But when he was in form, he was one of the best player last year. That goal against WBA was phenomenal. He just bullied them into conceding. I don't think Morata can do that.

We're always calling players for wanting to move and not being loyal, but tbh clubs are just as bad at it. Hard for me to feel angry at Costa, but then again, I'm not a Chelsea fan.

Morata absolutely could score 20 goals. That said, if Costa hadn't switched off after January he probably would have had 30. He was ferocious for the first half of the season and easily the best striker in the PL during that span. Morata is a totally different sort of player and he's not going to bulldoze defenders but he's class and puts them in the back of the net.

We're always calling players for wanting to move and not being loyal, but tbh clubs are just as bad at it. Hard for me to feel angry at Costa, but then again, I'm not a Chelsea fan.

I don't want Costa to go but I know that he always wanted to go after first year. Conte must have lost his patience with him in December and decided to let him go. That sms wasn't needed though, it gave Costa unnecessary ammunition. And Atletico transfer ban came at a wrong time for this saga. Last year they were ready to buy him but no other good striker was available, especially with Chelsea not in UCL. So Conte and board convinced Costa to stay. Still not clear why he agreed to stay for a year, as it was clear Atletico can't use him till January. It's weird. Maybe he wanted to stay for 2 years, but Conte realized that he is too volatile and decided to sell him, and now Costa is pissed because he can't join Atletico.

Lashley

I don't want Costa to go but I know that he always wanted to go after first year. Conte must have lost his patience with him in December and decided to let him go. That sms wasn't needed though, it gave Costa unnecessary ammunition. And Atletico transfer ban came at a wrong time for this saga. Last year they were ready to buy him but no other good striker was available, especially with Chelsea not in UCL. So Conte and board convinced Costa to stay. Still not clear why he agreed to stay for a year, as it was clear Atletico can't use him till January. It's weird. Maybe he wanted to stay for 2 years, but Conte realized that he is too volatile and decided to sell him, and now Costa is pissed because he can't join Atletico.

Can't he just join Atletico and not play? Similar to Turan and Barcelona?

Aters

Agree. No idea what the uppers at Chelsea are thinking. Costa has proved himself in PM. Morata on the other hand, I don't see a very bright future for him.

Can't he just join Atletico and not play? Similar to Turan and Barcelona?

Yes he can do that but Atletico are low balling. They are ready to pay max 25m which is a joke for a player like Costa. Also him sitting outside till January hurts his WC chances so that's why he wanted to be at Chelsea till January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom