• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
@SkyKaveh
Retweeted Keith Downie
Six months after signing him for £10m and giving him a three-and-a-half year contract...

@SkySports_Keith
West Ham United have told Robert Snodgrass that he is surplus to requirements and is available either for transfer - or on loan.

See, works both ways. Clubs aren't loyal at all.

from the europa league final, that sanchez looks a very good player (It's the only game I've seen him though so he could be shite 🤷*♂️). Surprised he's off to Spurs though, their centre back partnership is pretty gonna be hard to break into injuries aside. can he play fullback?

Beefy

from the europa league final, that sanchez looks a very good player (It's the only game I've seen him though so he could be shite 🤷*♂️). Surprised he's off to Spurs though, their centre back partnership is pretty gonna be hard to break into injuries aside. can he play fullback?

Saints are meant to want Wimmer, so could be a replacement

Labadal

I saw Bacca has left Milan. Wasn't he good?

Ajax lost at home.

Roberto Soldado in Fenerbache.

I need to keep up to date.

I see Östersund lost 3-1. They have been a positive surprise this season. Even if they don't turn it around, they have done well.

They wouldn't sell him to us for a frankly ridiculous fee (25m+) last year. Now they're letting him leave on-loan after an okay season last year.

We dodged a bullet.

He didn't fit the system at Milan. He still tallied a good amount of goals but his style of play was very frustrating to watch.

Dadasch

For an 18 year old who's had one good season too
What do you expect?
Three good seasons from an 18yo? :D

I mean we get it. He is young, thus he didn't prove himself long enough, but they obviously see enough potential and I see it too. Of course you can complain about that sum...it's the harsh reality though.

If both Umtiti and Sergi Roberto's release clauses are set at 50 and 40 million a pop, it would be hilarious if Liverpool go for the double swoop and double their wages just to mess with Bartomeu.

But seeing as it's Liverpool, they will sign for Chelsea and Man United as a result of the monitoring.

Syder

If both Umtiti and Sergi Roberto's release clauses are set at 50 and 40 million a pop, it would be hilarious if Liverpool go for the double swoop and double their wages just to mess with Bartomeu.

But seeing as it's Liverpool, they will sign for Chelsea and Man United as a result of the monitoring.
I always buy Sergi Roberto on FM because he's a very good, versatile player with a relatively low release clause...

Also, I fucking love him IRL.

Zasa

For an 18 year old who's had one good season too
There aren't many 18 year olds that have had a season as incredible as he has though. This was an amazing season for any striker, let alone an 18 year old. Easily the best 18 year old in years & all of his goals/assists came from open play to boot. On top of that, he tore the CL, the top echelon of club competition, a new one. Scoring 6 goals, which all came from the knockout stages where he made his debut in the starting XI (for the CL).

Not to mention he's a frontrunner for future ballon d'or contenders (post Messi/Cristiano) at the rate he's playing. Plus, if he has another amazing season, he'll be even more expensive. It'll also be during a WC year, where he may also start for frontrunners, France.

Still, Rashford's better.

blown-away.gif

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
There aren't many 18 year olds that have had a season as incredible as he has though. This was an amazing season for any striker, let alone an 18 year old. Easily the best 18 year old in years & all of his goals/assists came from open play to boot. On top of that, he tore the CL, the top echelon of club competition, a new one. Scoring 6 goals, which all came from the knockout stages where he made his debut in the starting XI (for the CL).

Not to mention he's a frontrunner for future ballon d'or contenders (post Messi/Cristiano) at the rate he's playing. Plus, if he has another amazing season, he'll be even more expensive. It'll also be during a WC year, where he may also start for frontrunners, France.

Oh, I agree it's just crazy money.

Also, Rashford is bang average.

tomtom94

@SkyKaveh
Retweeted Keith Downie
Six months after signing him for £10m and giving him a three-and-a-half year contract...

@SkySports_Keith
West Ham United have told Robert Snodgrass that he is surplus to requirements and is available either for transfer - or on loan.

Supposedly Newcastle are in for him. I would take him but we already signed one cover striker, I don't see why we need another.

brentech

Packers GM Ted Thompson on anthem protests: It's a free country
None of his players have protested during the national anthem, but Packers general manager Ted Thompson said he wouldn't have a problem if they did.
Truly the best.

Agree. No idea what the uppers at Chelsea are thinking. Costa has proved himself in PM. Morata on the other hand, I don't see a very bright future for him.

One more time, he wants to leave and he basically quit on the team last year. He can be an incredible striker, but if he's going to have a shit attitude and not give a fuck on the pitch why keep him around? Chelsea are not trying to move a prime, motivated Costa. Diego has made it clear that that player is unavailable to them.

Syder

@SkyKaveh
Retweeted Keith Downie

@SkySports_Keith

Not sure how this is an example of a 'lack of loyalty'.

The transfer just didn't work out, simple as that. It's far better that he gets a chance to ply his trade in another first team over sitting on our bench or slumming it with the U-23s. For better or worse, £10m is fine as a sunken cost for Premier League clubs now. It's chump change.

NHale

Spanish media are saying Atletico are looking for places to loan Diego Costa until January. Koeman admitted yesterday he was interested in a 6-month loan or 1-year loan for a player of his calibre. Deportivo da Coruña is also interested. Diego Costa doesn't mind to be out until January but Simeone wants him to compete until then (aka don't get fat son)

Portuguese newspapers are now saying the William Carvalho to West Ham deal is far from being closed because they now have more teams interested in him. It seems like the rumors about using West Ham to kick off interest from other clubs might be true after all.

NHale

Andre Carrillo is most likely going to join Watford from Benfica. Also Marco Silva is interested in bringing in Slimani but Watford board isn't biting because of Troy Deeney role on the squad.

Quite honestly I'm surprised by the lack of opportunities Slimani had at Leicester but at the same time he doesn't fit the type of football they want to play and now with Iheanacho he has no place on the squad. But I still believe he has all the qualities to be a good Premier League striker if given an opportunity to start 30 games in a season. If I was Everton and didn't get a striker by deadline day, I would go for him without hesitation. He can't slow the pace of their game more than Rooney and Klaassen already does.

By the way Jordan Pickford has been a monster in goal for Everton so far. He saved them with a great save on Saturday and then yesterday he was a monster in the last 20 minutes when Hajduk started getting forward with ease. Get ready for the £120M bid from Man City next year.

cromofo

By the way Jordan Pickford has been a monster in goal for Everton so far. He saved them with a great save on Saturday and then yesterday he was a monster in the last 20 minutes when Hajduk started getting forward with ease. Get ready for the £120M bid from Man City next year.

Pickford and Keane especially look to be fucking amazing. 50m for both doesn't seem so much at all.

They have impressed me the most so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom