• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Looks like Barcas bid was only £80m upfront and the other £34m was clauses which included Coutinho winning the Balon d'or and Barca winning the CL

So yeah, with that in mind its not even a good bid in the first place

Imagine putting a clause like that into a deal this late into the window, they have disappeared up their own hole.

Cpt Lmao

Glad we've finally signed someone, Sanchez looks like quite the player. I think with Aurier and Balde, there's nothing we cannot go on to do next year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Barcelona's top management is a disgrace. Coutinho isn't worth anything near that number.

They didn't actually offer that number, and to Liverpool right now he is priceless as we can't replace him and don't really need the money.

spidye

Bundesliga is starting today and bayern is playing

But after our horrible pre season and seeing real's strength I'm not hyped anymore for this season

:lol

la_briola

Good News for Eintracht!
Hopefully the new striker, Sébastien Haller, will be quite useful. He HAS to be better than Seferovic...I couldn't stand that guy anymore.
Yeah, one can only hope.
beg.gif

TimmmV

Wait what? I didn't know this.
Damn it all this news is just killing me. Especcially hate hearing all this shit about players not wanting to play.

Both Coutinho things coincidentally came out the day before an important league game too

He is properly nuking his bridges lol

Beefy

Meeting with a player is fine imo (and to be expected)

I wouldn't give a toss if Barca's manager/officials had been to a meal with Coutinho without Liverpools permission. I do give a toss that they are encouraging him to submit a transfer request and be uncooperative at the worst possible time for LFC's season

If Liverpool did this with VvD too then that would also be really shitty, and I would have a huge problem with LFC acting that way

I don't mind either , I just find it funny Klopp getting annoyed about one of his players wanting to go. But being fine with having lunch with another teams player.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Looks like Barcas bid was only £80m upfront and the other £34m was clauses which included Coutinho winning the Balon d'or and Barca winning the CL

So yeah, with that in mind its not even a good bid in the first place

That's my kind of offer in any football manager since I started playing these types of games. Trying to pay way less upfront and add some bullshit clauses that might improve the opinion of the seller.

I meant him going for a meal with Van Dijk and now starting to get annoyed with Coutinho questions.

Oh ok cool

Meeting with a player is fine imo (and to be expected)

I wouldn't give a toss if Barca's manager/officials had been to a meal with Coutinho without Liverpools permission. I do give a toss that they are encouraging him to submit a transfer request and be uncooperative at the worst possible time for LFC's season

If Liverpool did this with VvD too then that would also be really shitty, and I would have a huge problem with LFC acting that way

I would feel exactly the same way.

West Brom want to sign Sakho apparently

What a shame.

Logical. Would be a great sub for Evans and for the similar price.

Klopp is a fool for not playing Sakho who is their best defender imo.

Agreed. It's a shame, you have a player that actually wants to play for the club and he's being shunned. Yet there is a player that has put in a transfer request and once the window closes and he stays, he might be welcome back with open arms. In my opinion, what Cout has done is worse than anything Sakho has done.

Hi everyone. It's been about 2 weeks since the thread was first posted, so we're moving you over to the Community forum. Please post additional OTs for this season in Community. We can talk next Summer about posting the 2018/2019 thread in the main Off Topic forum. If you need a title change or anything, send me a pm. Enjoy the football.

Back in the slums... Definitely boosted numbers so good job!

I don't get why you can't back Klopp with Sakho Unreal Champ. He's clearly seen something he doesn't want in his team.

DBT85

Hi everyone. It's been about 2 weeks since the thread was first posted, so we're moving you over to the Community forum. Please post additional OTs for this season in Community. We can talk next Summer about posting the 2018/2019 thread in the main Off Topic forum. If you need a title change or anything, send me a pm. Enjoy the football.

Thanks for giving us the chance to boost the numbers at least!

Now, who had what for breakfast?

I kid I kid pls no ban

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Xze9zYU.gif

Back in the slums... Definitely boosted numbers so good job!

I don't get why you can't back Klopp with Sakho Unreal Champ. He's clearly seen something he doesn't want in his team.

If he welcomes back Phil with no problem then to me that's wrong. Sakho has openly admitted he made a mistake and has come to terms that he messed up. I think Klopp should give the guy another chance and most people can see he is a better defender than Lovren. He has more passion and is more commanding when he plays. Just look at the Dortmund game, he was commanding everyone around and taking charge. Klopp just has a pride thing problem.

Lunar FC

Sad-Spongebob-Holds-Squidwards-Hand.gif

Guess we going to need a new title.

Dadasch

Ribery's time is up, seriously. He's just not on that level anymore and surprisingly enough one can see that in a match against Leverkusen, who are terrifyingly bad right now.
Get Draxler, immediately. Let him play behind Lewandowski at first and when the time comes (round of last 8 or so) just put Ribery on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom