• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dembele will be at Stoke in 3 years, max.

edit: Sports threads get to live in the main OT for a 2-3 weeks at the start of the 'season'. Get some new blood in, etc. Remember to sub!

Why are we moved in Community? :(
You've been 2 weeks in OT is not a reason...

Yes, there is a rule that any thread about a season or launch game gets 2 weeks in either Gaming section or OT section. After those 2 weeks they are moved to community section of each.

^ and yea only one I can think of is the F1 Racing thread in OT.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
@FCBarcelona will wear 'Barcelona' on their shirts vs @RealBetis, instead of player names, in tribute to the Barca attack victims. 🙏

Really nice gesture

Dadasch

There are already fewer posts here. I can FEEL it. People are desperately searching their beloved Football Thread to write about the best thing in the world but all for naught. :(

spidye

Bayern is definitely not playing well
Leverkusen has more chances than bayern in munich

At least the video ref works
Lol

Bumhead

Banned
Going to try and commit to watching more European football this year.

This Bayern match has been a good start. Has been a much better game than the dominating scoreline would suggest.

T-Rex.

Banned
That Barca bid is even worse than I thought lmao. £16m up front with the rest spread over 5 years apparently, and with the following add-ons:

• Winning multiple trophies in the same season
  • Winning multiple Champions League titles
  • Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
  • Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season

*according to the Mirror

dhlt25

That Barca bid is even worse than I thought lmao. £16m up front with the rest spread over 5 years apparently, and with the following add-ons:

*according to the Mirror

lol Barca still think they're the shit

Lashley

*according to the Mirror
lol Barca are a joke

I love it

• Winning the Ballon d'Or as the world's best player
  • Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D'Or in the same season

*according to the Mirror

What a joke.

Why does BBC Football's Coutinho headline focus on Jermaine Jenas' opinion of all people?

Liverpool are damaging themselves by refusing to let midfielder Philippe Coutinho leave for Barcelona, says ex-England international Jermaine Jenas.

He added: "Coutinho has done brilliantly for Liverpool. Yes, they have helped develop him, but the fact is that now the deal of a lifetime has presented itself - not just for him but for the club.

Hardly the 'deal of a lifetime' for the club. Selling your best player when replacing him is pretty much impossible at this stage would be far more damaging.

Lashley

Liverpool's refusal to sell Philippe Coutinho is damaging for the club, says Jermaine Jenas.

What a mug

Lashley

Looks like standard addons for a Barcelona/Real Madrid signing.

Not sure what's a joke about that. I'm sure other players are on similar deals when sold to the two Spanish clubs.

After the money they got for Neymar, do they really think clubs will accept that?

Liverpool's refusal to sell Philippe Coutinho is damaging for the club, says Jermaine Jenas.

What a mug

Not letting players leave often does have a negative effect on the club. Many players want to join a club that will suit their whims as they progress through their careers. Many agents also want to be able to make as much money from their clients as possible. If they know a club is unlikely to allow players to move when an opportunity arises they can often choose another club that is interested.

Liverpool have a great reputation in the past for allowing players to play a very high level of football which gets them noticed and then can make the step up to the more competitive teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom