• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

cromofo

I quite like our 3rd kit this season

everton-17-18-third-kit-3.jpg

MikeBison

Barcelona: We bid £72 million
Liverpool: Not for sale
Barcelona: Ok, £90million
Liverpool: Nope. Not for sale.
Barcelona: Fine. £113million
Liverpool: Just fuck off, not for sale.
Barcelona: You have until Sunday to accept or we're withdrawing our bids.
Liverpool: Sound. That would be great.

Audioboxer

By scoring that goal, Lukaku has joined Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Anthony Martial, Federico Macheda and Louis Saha as players who have netted on their first two Premier League outings for the Old Trafford side.

RIP

Kill3r7

It's just the trauma of the last few years etched into any United fans minds

qUMyZiK.png

Jw6hfTl.gif

We have had high possession numbers the first two games this season. I am not bothered by possession as long as we are scoring goals. To be fair, LvG's time at United can viewed as before and after the Leicester City defeat. He started playing negative football after that game and never stopped. I always wonder what his tenure would have been like had he not walked down such a dark path.

Garjon

I have no idea what to expect from Arsenal next weekend. They looked frightening in their build-up play but they could cause major problems with our defence. Right now I'm more worried about Hoffenheim to be honest.

Zasa

Girona are genuinely outplaying Atléti, what is this. Atléti only have two shots, are on the back foot, & getting bossed in midfield

Floody

ftfy. He stands to lose the most out of all of this.

Sure, but there's not much he can do. Refuse to play, Liverpool will most likely just call his bluff, as it's a World Cup coming, I doubt he'd double down on it once the windows closed.

They've pretty much just told Liverpool that they'll do exactly what they want them to do.

Thats around the same price as Matuidi. Is he that good?

Weird question.

First of all, a player like Matuidi would never go to Burnley, making the comparison a bit useless for them. They can't spend 20 mil and get a player like Matuidi, they are just not in the same position as Juve (or the big English clubs for that matter) . Second of all they are playing wildly different positions, impossible to make a good comparison between them.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter at all. If Burnley wants Wood and think he will fit in well at the club, they gotta pay what it takes. Transfer prices are inflated as fuck, and are only going to get crazier and crazier. Just get used to it. Premier league clubs especially are rich as fuck and will waste a lot of money.

casiopao

Not even close

Well, then why are they paying him that much lol. EPL being too rich problem?O_O

Weird question.

First of all, a player like Matuidi would never go to Burnley, making the comparison a bit useless for them. They can't spend 20 mil and get a player like Matuidi. Second of all they are playing wildly different positions, impossible to make a good comparison between them.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter at all. If Burnley wants Wood and think he will fit in well at the club, they gotta pay what it takes. Transfer prices are inflated as fuck, and are only going to get crazier and crazier. Just get used to it. Premier league clubs especially are rich as fuck and will waste a lot of money.

Well, i am not really well versed with PL players which is why i asked lol. I mean, the fact that he seems surprised is why i am asking as i thought the price is too cheap for a great player lol.

And about a good player going to unknow team, the fact that Little Peas is going to West Ham which is a shitty team, should be quite telling that in nowadays time, anything can happen.

Syder

Well, then why are they paying him that much lol. EPL being too rich problem?O_O

Well, i am not really well versed with PL players which is why i asked lol. I mean, the fact that he seems surprised is why i am asking as i thought the price is too cheap for a great player lol.

And about a good player going to unknow team, the fact that Little Peas is going to West Ham which is a shitty team, should be quite telling that in nowadays time, anything can happen.
Yeah, TV money has inflated all the prices
To be fair, Championship teams regularly spend £10m+ on players, especially strikers because a good striker can get you in the Top 6.

Just look at Ross McCormack; went to Fulham for £11m and then Villa for £12m. He's shite.

Pachimari

We have raised the release clause of Marco Asensio from €350 million to €500 million. We've added a year to his contract so it now runs out in 2023, and his wages has been raised from €3.5 million to €4.5 million.

No. No it can't. Matuidi to fucking Burnley would not and did not happen, for a reason. Javier Hernández didn't have a great season last year, for a midtable club in Germany. He is exactly the kind of player West Ham could sign.

MikeBison

Arsenal fans acting like it's the end of the world. Just a bad day at the office.

You were riding high last Friday (despite the win maybe papering over the cracks).

Chill.

Actually, you play Liverpool next week. RIP you. You know Klopp has a huge boner for playing the big teams.

It honestly blows my mind when people say "we don't need another winger, midfielder or defenders, they would be benched because of our starting 11". Well our starting 11 is never playing together to begin with.

We are literally becoming like Arsenal in terms of injuries every season.

Think of it like "we'll be getting a 'new' player come January!"
Yeah, we're in some shit right now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal fans acting like it's the end of the world. Just a bad day at the office.

You were riding high last Friday (despite the win maybe papering over the cracks).

Chill.

Actually, you play Liverpool next week. RIP you. You know Klopp has a huge boner for playing the big teams.

Last week was just as bad, we scraped the win

It honestly blows my mind when people say "we don't need another winger, midfielder or defenders, they would be benched because of our starting 11". Well our starting 11 is never playing together to begin with.

We are literally becoming like Arsenal in terms of injuries every season.

The notion anyone in our squad (bar Mane I guess) isn't benchable is absurd. Although I agree that we need to only sign people as good as/better than who we've got already. Make more competition, don't sign people for 'depth'. So far we've been good for that in terms of who we've got in, but we need way more.

Chill.

They're bottom half of the table now man, for us that's more dangerous!

U do know that PSG first selling price for him is 35 mil right. Even if 1 player had only a single year left in contract, the price does not guarantee to be damn cheap.

See Keita Balde case right now.T_T

Yeah but it's not a steal as well, that's an ok price at best for me.

Also it's 20M with 10,5M as add ons so not that far off the original asking price.

Chill.

You're kidding right? Warning signs were there game 1 with our patented comical defending.

We have a fossil of a manager whose underperformed for 13 years in the EPL.

It's not the end of the world but it sure is ground hogs day.

We have raised the release clause of Marco Asensio from €350 million to €500 million. We've added a year to his contract so it now runs out in 2023, and his wages has been raised from €3.5 million to €4.5 million.

Fuck he's gonna be impossible to sign on FM

---

Feel sick just ate a whole tub of mini brownies and carton of banana milk

Listening to jungle tho so I'll be ok

Ash_69

Arsenal are so busy playing possession football, they forget the aim is to actually run at the opposition, shoot and take the occasional risk with a forward pass. I grew a new grey hair for every pass that was delayed and then kicked sideways.

Get Perez (remember that guy) and Sanchez on the wings with iwobi in the number 10 behind laca to inject some life into this devoid of adventure squad.

NHale

Can't wait for Arsenal fans asking on ArsenalFanTV for the board to sign Asensio, Diego Costa, Seri and VVD. Most likely the same people that were so optimistic after beating Leicester last week and screaming "We are top of the league" and saying Arsenal was ready for the fight.

"And the fucking board, has to go out and sign those players. Wenger has downgraded us. Stan Kroenke needs to fucking stop killing animals and start killing the transfer market."

MikeBison

OléGunner;246488754 said:
You're kidding right? Warning signs were there game 1 with our patented comical defending.

We have a fossil of a manager whose underperformed for 13 years in the EPL.

It's not the end of the world but it sure is ground hogs day.

I believe I did say that the win papered over some cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom