• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLiberty

I'm so fucking happy for Milik, that Dzeko-like miss against Nizza made me think he might've been hit by the Rafael's curse ( = plays its first dozen of matches as a top player, then breaks its knee and when it comes back he is like a Serie B player)

oh Rafael :(

Diabelli

Can't wait for Arsenal fans asking on ArsenalFanTV for the board to sign Asensio, Diego Costa, Seri and VVD. Most likely the same people that were so optimistic after beating Leicester last week and screaming "We are top of the league" and saying Arsenal was ready for the fight.

"And the fucking board, has to go out and sign those players. Wenger has downgraded us. Stan Kroenke needs to fucking stop killing animals and start killing the transfer market."

Talk about net spend

Pachimari

How about Varane?
I think Varane's release clause is at €200 million.

Btw, Achraf Hakimi have gotten a first-team contract and will be part of our squad this season. I am so damn happy about him getting the chance! Gonna be one heck of a sublime right back.

Jarnet87

Can't wait for Arsenal fans asking on ArsenalFanTV for the board to sign Asensio, Diego Costa, Seri and VVD. Most likely the same people that were so optimistic after beating Leicester last week and screaming "We are top of the league" and saying Arsenal was ready for the fight.

"And the fucking board, has to go out and sign those players. Wenger has downgraded us. Stan Kroenke needs to fucking stop killing animals and start killing the transfer market."

Bully is really the only one on AFTV that harps about Kroenke

Beefy

I think Varane's release clause is at €200 million.

Btw, Achraf Hakimi have gotten a first-team contract and will be part of our squad this season. I am so damn happy about him getting the chance! Gonna be one heck of a sublime right back.

PSG to bid that next year then

Pachimari

Seems like Marcos Llorente might be on his way out on either a loan (highly likely) or on a sale with a buyback clause. I'll be sad to see him go, was thrilled that we brought him back from Alaves earlier this summer. But it seems like Casemiro and Kovacic might be the choices for our defensive midfield position.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Daniel Storey tweeted this about us and he's spot on

Arsenal are a squad of players who don't fight hard enough coached by a man who can't make them. Rewarding mediocrity invites more of it.

Lashley

You gonna sign Barkley
DHnHovmVYAIUoUB

Lashley

HT: Girona 2-0 Atletico ⏱
67': Griezmann sent off 🔴
78': Correa scores ⚽️
85': Gimenez scores ⚽️
FT: Girona 2-2 Atletico ⏱

NHale

Someone should look at the way Atletico handled players with possible head injuries late in the game. Lucas went down twice complaining about the same side of the head after heading an opponent and was allowed to get in without any hassle both times. Then Gaitan heads an opponent as well, goes down, 30 seconds pass, teammates force him to get up and the ref doesn't do anything.

I hope we don't have to see anything tragic to see actual meaningful action being taken for potential head injury in football.

Lashley

Someone should look at the way Atletico handled players with possible head injuries late in the game. Lucas went down twice complaining about the same side of the head after heading an opponent and was allowed to get in without any hassle both times. Then Gaitan heads an opponent as well, goes down, 30 seconds pass, teammates force him to get up and the ref doesn't do anything.

I hope we don't have to see anything tragic to see actual meaningful action being taken for potential head injury in football.
Tbf the Prem is pretty good when a potential head injury occurs.

MikeBison

Fuck me. The Arsenal reddit is glorious.

Fancy arguing about how a goal being ruled out for offside is what cost you the game...but admitting the goal was offside.

"That linesman, what a bloody bastard making the correct decision, grrrr"

I've suddenly become incredibly paranoid that Barca's 'offer til Sunday' thing is because Phil is gonna have an interview with the S*n on Sunday. Instant nuclear option.

Lashley

Fuck me. The Arsenal reddit is glorious.

Fancy arguing about how a goal being ruled out for offside is what cost you the game...but admitting the goal was offside.

"That linesman, what a bloody bastard making the correct decision, grrrr"
Aye the subreddit is filled with melts

MrS

Banned
AFTV was beautiful. Always delivers.

Didn't realise Arsenal play Liverpool next week. Can't wait for the scenes ITT.

Syder

MOTD pundits not pointing out Tadić's foul, why am I not shocked? No wonder I skip through every week.

I miss Alan Hansen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom