• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrS

Banned
Arsenal...

And i thought this is their year...
For real? Me every time Arsenal lose:

tenor.gif

FuturusX

So according to 'sources' the last Barca bid was 80 million (over 5 years) and 30 million in add-ons that are relatively difficult to achieve (Phil winning Ballon D'Or + CL).

:p

Pay up fools.

Labadal

I watched the Arsenal game. There's no end product. They had 77,7% possession and lost. They're even worse than Liverpool in this regard.

I watched Napoli today. They did really well, while resting some players. I wonder if they can challenge for the title this year, or if Juve will win it again. I am not a fan of Allegri and I never will be.

Liverpool... we need 4-5 new signings asap. We can count ourselves lucky if we get to play in Europe next year.

Well, yeah, and don't confuse that as me throwing stones from my glass house, just that, like you and others here said, the goals flattered you today.

Yeah 100% a couple of decent individual performances but overall as a unit we need some work and Martial has to start sooner rather than later.

Tubie

Can't believe Sevilla lost 2 points at home against Espanyol.

And it looks like Griezmann might be getting a 2-3 match ban for insulting the ref.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorry man. :p
But it's very hard to grasp for me as he was the biggest reason why I couldn't watch a lot Eintracht Frankfurt games for 2 seasons. Attack was pretty much non-existent with him.

oh im sure, its why I was like "the fuck you doing buying this dude" too. And our league is bottom of the barrel for sure but still, different players do adapt to different teams and whatnot.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I watched the Arsenal game. There's no end product. They had 77,7% possession and lost. They're even worse than Liverpool in this regard.

I watched Napoli today. They did really well, while resting some players. I wonder if they can challenge for the title this year, or if Juve will win it again. I am not a fan of Allegri and I never will be.

Liverpool... we need 4-5 new signings asap. We can count ourselves lucky if we get to play in Europe next year.
This is how we play now:

Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass....give up possession

Rinse and repeat

We are so boring to watch now, and to think I fell in love with the club because they were so exciting to watch

caramac

LOL, is that from today's game? whats the context?

Just dug through a few gifs I've made over the years, It's from the 2014 FA Cup Final.

ds4dsads46dlk9f.gif

In the 79th minute, Gibbs had a chance to put Arsenal in front when he had just goalkeeper Allan McGregor to beat, but he could not hit the target, shooting high of the goal

The woman on the right sums it up, haha.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
transfer rumours are just complete bollocks these days but this made me laugh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40988404

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is planning to spend £200m on Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater, 27, Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24, and three defenders from Southampton: Virgil van Dijk, 26, Cedric Soares, 25, and Ryan Bertrand, 28. (Express)

imagine thinking you can just buy another team's defence.

Labadal

Naby Keita played on the left wing and Emil Forsberg on the bench? Wat?

We should unsettle both, then unsettle VVD more and then act like douchebags and unsettle a few more. Sell Sturridge and buy Auba. Make friends with Sakho.

GK
VVD
Sakho
Matip
Salah
Keita
Can
Mane

Coutinho
Auba
Firmino

This is what I dreamt, falling asleep watching Dr. Strange.

That or make Milner our no. 10.

Labadal

Yea i was surprised by the outcome too. Schalke were playing better, Leipzip looked like they were still trying to get in the same rhythm collectively. Its the first game still, lets see how they do, to make matters worse they have CL to worry about now too.
Did they buy/lose any decent players?

AcridMeat

Banned
This is how we play now:

Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass....give up possession

Rinse and repeat

We are so boring to watch now, and to think I fell in love with the club because they were so exciting to watch
Yeah when they're off it's so damn boring to watch.

Reminded me a bit of Van Gaal's Man U. Except with shit defense. Bellerin should cut his hair.

Kyoufu

I know Im naive in thinking that maybe Messi goes back to Pep. I really REALLY want that to happen.

I want that!

Do you think Messi would leave a club who have helped him and his family for years and years and years for some guy who was his team coach? Why would he do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom