• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Messi would leave a club who have helped him and his family for years and years and years for some guy who was his team coach? Why would he do that?

Maybe he senses low team morale and low chances to win any major trophy this season. Maybe he thinks Valverde isnt the guy to do it? Suarez is faking an injury for 4 weeks and everything reeks of bullshit with the Paulinho transfer and rumors that Sergi Roberto may go to England.

Kyoufu

Maybe he senses low team morale and low chances to win any major trophy this season. Maybe he thinks Valverde isnt the guy to do it? Suarez is faking an injury for 4 weeks and everything reeks of bullshit with the Paulinho transfer and rumors that Sergi Roberto may go to England.

Messi still has a better chance of winning a trophy with Barcelona than Manchester City.

I'm just now watching the arsenal and Stoke match highlights.
Did anyone think that lacazette chance was offside?
It seems ridiculous to call it IMO. It's just is toe ffs. How would that cause an advantage to him?

It seems ridiculous to call it IMO. It's just is toe ffs. How would that cause an advantage to him?

Im pretty sure the ref actually didnt see the offside position ;)

dhlt25

watching the highlights, arsenal didn't play too bad. They had a lot of chances, their finishing sucked tho.

Liverpool game's highlight start at minute 46 lol, is the first half that boring?

TimmmV

Yeah, I thought that

I guess by the letter of the law he was offside, plain and simple. It's hard to see how he gained any real advantage from half his foot being offside though. Was harsh.

watching the highlights, arsenal didn't play too bad. They had a lot of chances, their finishing sucked tho.

Liverpool game's highlight start at minute 46 lol, is the first half that boring?

Yes.

Palace looked like they weren't that bothered to lose only 1-0 today, and Liverpool struggled to get past Palaces defense, p much until Sturridge was taken off and Salah and Solanke both came on

Shoutout to the La Liga for watching out for us US est timers.

Only if the match at 7am for the EPL has like top teams or high implications, i get up and watch it. Other than that i wake up at like 9am to watch Bayern or whatever Bundesliga or EPL match is on.

Blablurn

20953196_1636659823071752_6745617629794431648_n.jpg

The best number 19 we ever had.

Blablurn

Tolisso is coming along really nice at midfield. I wonder how the midfield will look once Thiago and James come back. Or what rotation Ancelotti puts out. Boateng also returns from injury on the 24th as well.

im also very excited about our future. boateng didnt look good last season. he has a lot to do to get back into the squad. for james its also not going to be easy.

Palace looked like they weren't that bothered to lose only 1-0 today, and Liverpool struggled to get past Palaces defense, p much until Sturridge was taken off and Salah and Solanke both came on

Sturridge was poor. I fear the injuries have caught up with him.

The rest of the 11 was not much better. Passing in the final 3rd was ponderously slow. I didn't realise Mane was even playing until 30 mins in.

Pachimari

Details of James' contract with Bayern has leaked out, and reveals that reports from Spain were much closer than the ones in England.

Bayern have to pay €13 million in two installments for the loan, and the first €6.5 million have to be paid this September. Then after that, they can buy him for €42 million. Bringing the deal to €55 million.

casiopao

Napoli offensive power is so scary damn. It is going to be so close race between Juventus vs Napoli in Serie A this season for sure.

Hope that with Matuidi and our 2 new wingers, will be able to support us to reach historic 7 consecutive Scudetto.

Barca clearly think Liverpool are only rejecting their bids to drive up the price. They planted "Plan B" rumors and then issued a deadline. If Barca's offer wasn't so shitty there might actually be a chance of Liverpool caving.

FuturusX

Barca clearly think Liverpool are only rejecting their bids to drive up the price. They planted "Plan B" rumors and then issued a deadline. If Barca's offer wasn't so shitty there might actually be a chance of Liverpool caving.

Liverpool are in the driving seat when it comes setting the price. They should as for 120 without add-ons in limited installments.

So, today's the big day. Could've been in September, but Barca decide they want to fast forward this debacle, guess I can't disagree with that sentiment. I wonder what Philip's been doing/saying to push this forwards, beyond everything he's already done.

Barca comes of here as totally delusional.

Deadline is approaching fast. If Liverpool sell for 80m, does anyone even think they can get a good replacement for the same amount of money in the current state of the market? They would have to spend the money they got for another player that may or may not be a good replacement, two games into the season already.

2-1 to Chelsea. Spurs to score first, and unlike last week it won't take 3 goals to wake Chelsea up this time. Conte will throw the kitchen sink at them.

T-Rex.

Banned
Don't think I'll bother with Newcastle's match after watching them play last week lol. The Spurs/Chelsea game should be good though.

MikeBison

I don't buy this woe is me Chelsea have a thin squad stuff. They won the league at a canter and have spent £150million and felt they could get away with selling Matic and Costa.

They should be fine with that.

Still think Spurs will win though.

DBT85

I don't buy this woe is me Chelsea have a thin squad stuff. They won the league at a canter and have spent £150million and felt they could get away with selling Matic and Costa.

They should be fine with that.

Still think Spurs will win though.
They won the league because everyone else fighting for it apart from Liverpool had Europe to contend with. Chelsea didn't and so had less games to play and more time to train for each individual match. They've lost a striker and bought one and lost a cm and bought one. Barely any stronger than last year imo.

MikeBison

They won the league because everyone else fighting for it apart from Liverpool had Europe to contend with. Chelsea didn't and so had less games to play and more time to train for each individual match. They've lost a striker and bought one and lost a cm and bought one. Barely any stronger than last year imo.

I never once heard this crock about "oh they can't win the league because they have Europe to contend with" until Liverpool nearly won the league in 2014. Before that, City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea never had a problem winning the league and also getting it up for Champions league games.

In fact, are Chelsea last year and Leicester not the only times to ever win the league whilst not being in the CL. Blackburn too, but special circumstances tbf.

Dadasch

It will be Boateng with Hummels on important ganes right now because Javi got injured (again 😑). With a mixture of Süle but he seemed slow against the counter last match
I'm not sure where Boateng stands right now internally. My guess is he will be benched more often than Hummels, but there will be a lot of rotation.
One thing is for sure: Bayern doesn't have any problems with its defense.

spidye

I'm not sure where Boateng stands right now internally. My guess is he will be benched more often than Hummels, but there will be a lot of rotation.
One thing is for sure: Bayern doesn't have any problems with its defense.

wut m8?

maay I remind you of our pre season games and how many chances levekusen had against us?

our defense is pretty bad right now

Nicolai Müller Out for 7 months after rupturing a knee ligament during his failed pirouette celebration.

https://youtu.be/c6qOVxQIuqg

everything HSV does is just stupid. even their celebrations are stupid

Dadasch

wut m8?

maay I remind you of our pre season games and how many chances levekusen had against us?

our defense is pretty bad right now
That may be true, but you don't really believe that this is what your defense is capable of, do you? And "defense" was kinda unspecified as it is a word with broader meaning. I meant specifically your defense players.
Right now you have to implement Tolisso in your game - besides a couple of injuries and what not -, thus it's not really surprising that not everything is going well.

Is Hazard available yet?

If not, then Chelsea will be stuck in the middle like in the previous fixture. Willian is kinda soulless these days and Pedro is inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom