• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Like you forgot lol.

Were I a player with the two as a choice I think I'd go Spurs. For me Liverpool are by far and away the bigger club but Spurs are closer to winning something.

As much of a dick as I am, I genuinely did for that post and I think one earlier. Just soo used to Arsenal being in the CL, but often letting themselves down with poor performances.

That's probably the worst thing about Spurs. They always get super close and then implode. Either by poor discipline or just bottling it.

I think Klopp will slowly build up Liverpool. Although, when Liverpool git gud, some bigger club swoops in and buys their players lol.

"All I see is some good clean defending here" -Sergio Ramos

sr1.png

LOL.

DBT85

That's probably the worst thing about Spurs. They always get super close and then implode. Either by poor discipline or just bottling it.

I think Klopp will slowly build up Liverpool. Although, when Liverpool git gud, some bigger club swoops in and buys their players lol.

I think this is what Spurs have realised and Levy just started getting harder to deal with so getting Kane, Alli Dier or Eriksen out just isn't worth the trouble like it used to be. Poch has done good and done it without splashing cash. I still think they need some signings as nobody stands still and does better. But they are close and have been for 2 seasons now.

Klopp can do it with Liverpool, but he needs to hold on to his best and improve what he's got.

Just want the season to start so we can smash West Ham.

Watch us lose 3-0.

Audioboxer

I think this is what Spurs have realised and Levy just started getting harder to deal with so getting Kane, Alli Dier or Eriksen out just isn't worth the trouble like it used to be. Poch has done good and done it without splashing cash. I still think they need some signings as nobody stands still and does better. But they are close and have been for 2 seasons now.

Klopp can do it with Liverpool, but he needs to hold on to his best and improve what he's got.

Just want the season to start so we can smash West Ham.

Watch us lose 3-0.

It's a home game so I expect... at least a draw. Lukaku is going to have to perform in his first league game or the knives will be out, so, yeah, he's gotta bag a goal. The biggest worry is will Mourinho sort that defence out and not be playing constant rotation for months.

Surprised Smalling hasn't been shipped out yet. Unless he's a-okay taking Rooneys bench spot. You need a bit of fire in your central defenders, like what Bailly has. Smalling is like an upper-class, well educated and timid University Professor decided to go and play football. Not only that, he's a liability half the time. Jones is a riot and is always injured, but did work well with Rojo. Rojo is another fire belly central defender, and has came on in strides. He's just not a fucking left back. So, stop that shit Mou. Either rattle some sense into Shaw, or buy another left back. Bailly/Lindelof pairing with Jones/Rojo rotation for if Lindelof is struggling.

I will say in advance Rojo needs to cut the two footed shit, no arguments there, fire in your central defenders doesn't need to mean leg breakers.

They don't always get super close last season was the second year but I don't think thats too big an issue for Spurs. People laughed at them for it but f you look how they built the squad, the quality of football they play and that they aren't doing it on the same budget as the other clubs its really impressive. If I was a Spurs fan I'd want to see consistency over the next ten years with continued improvement, maintaining core squad members and building from that, improving the corporate element by being at the top and playing great entertaining football, rather than almost win the league get gutted then become a mid level club again like Liverpool.

Considering Man City vs Spurs last season was the second most watched game in the States after Liverpool vs Man City, with Spurs games against Chelsea and Liverpool also getting high viewing figures in what is typically a Liverpool and United market It shows they are onto something very good. If they fail to win anything after a decade at the top then sure laugh but at the moment they are very new and people are paying attention and not because they are a hype thing.

"Chelsea to bid £60million for Liverpool transfer target Virgil van Dijk."

I don't get this. Why go for a CB for 60m??? We have Christensen, Rudiger and Luiz for that position. Will Luiz play as MF? Will Azpi play as RWB?

Audioboxer

They don't always get super close last season was the second year but I don't think thats too big an issue for Spurs. People laughed at them for it but f you look how they built the squad, the quality of football they play and that they aren't doing it on the same budget as the other clubs its really impressive. If I was a Spurs fan I'd want to see consistency over the next ten years with continued improvement, maintaining core squad members and building from that, improving the corporate element by being at the top and playing great entertaining football, rather than almost win the league get gutted then become a mid level club again like Liverpool.

Considering Man City vs Spurs last season was the second most watched game in the States after Liverpool vs Man City, with Spurs games against Chelsea and Liverpool also getting high viewing figures in what is typically a Liverpool and United market It shows they are onto something very good. If they fail to win anything after a decade at the top then sure laugh but at the moment they are very new and people are paying attention and not because they are a hype thing.

No arguments from me there. By super close I do mean to their potential, but not strictly silverware. There's simply times where Spurs should have kept the consistency going, but bottled it, occasionally by poor discipline when the heads went. What they're trying to do with their academy and spending could well be a respectable long-term proposition. It's not as if they're reaching levels of the Arsene Wenger warchest just yet. The stadium is costing them right now too.

Pachimari

Just a reminder that Brøndy fans threw dead rats at Copenhagen players a few months ago and them fighting the police is standard stuff for every derby match, before you pronounce Brøndby as some moral champions.

GMtBF5n.gif

You are still the scum champions.

Haha he is the GOAT for us. Bolanos kind of soured a lot of peoples opinion of him, the last years time he was here. He was one hell of a lazy fucker for some time.
Brøndby fans ain't no morale champion, far from it. But don't make it sound like all Brøndby fans are like this. Brøndby fans can be some of the best, passionate and supportive bunch in the entire league. Just don't come in here crusading like they are the worst of the worst. They have upsides to their support as well. And often times what they bring to their matches is some impressive stuff.

Brøndby fans ain't no morale champion, far from it. But don't make it sound like all Brøndby fans are like this. Brøndby fans can be some of the best, passionate and supportive bunch in the entire league. Just don't come in here crusading like they are the worst of the worst. They have upsides to their support as well. And often times what they bring to their matches is some impressive stuff.
He didn't come in crusading anything. You called a club a 'scum club' below footage of the club you're championing acting like scum. You threw stones in a glass house and, quite rightly, got called out for it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They'll get through. The only goal for all English teams in the CL is trying to do better than Arsenal. If Arsenal get left as the only EPL hope in the CL, then the EPL gets further embarrassed in Europe lol.

Edit: Dumb ass me, Arsenal are Europa this year. lol.

"I forgot."

gEqVo7D.gif

Audioboxer

"I forgot."

It's the boy who cried wolf. The one time you did forget when the wolves are circling no one believes you lol.

Doesn't help I was trolling Arsenal for their CL performances at the time... Ended up being double trolling. I'm not a nice person.

In other news, Everton be coming for a raid

Everton will move for Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck, 26, if they cannot persuade his French team-mate Olivier Giroud, 30, to leave the Emirates.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Rooney's bench spot gets warmer.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Welbeck has always been a massive case of what could've been. He's never quite made it.

Aye, I just think he's a decent rotation option, but I'd take 20m+ for him

He'd probably do bits at Everton too

I'll be pissed if we sell Giroud.

Audioboxer

We did try to tell them.

Probably been worth it for them for the few times he's hurt us lol. Not quite the glorious Van Persie levels of revenge but painful nonetheless.

Aye, I just think he's a decent rotation option, but I'd take 20m+ for him

He'd probably do bits at Everton too

I'll be pissed if we sell Giroud.

Prem League money, Welbeck is probably £40m lol. £40m with bonuses taking it to a potential of £47.5m, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Barcelona doesn't need to improve their attack, that Neymar money should be used to improve their defense and a decent holding mid so they don't depend so much on Busquets being healthy.

They will do the opposite lol 😂. Someone needs to tell them Defense matters and not just attack.

Kill3r7

Probably been worth it for them for the few times he's hurt us lol. Not quite the glorious Van Persie levels of revenge but painful nonetheless.

Prem League money, Welbeck is probably £40m lol. £40m with bonuses taking it to a potential of £47.5m, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I can't be bothered to look it up but I would be shocked if Welbeck played more than 25 PL games combined over the last 2 seasons.

Pachimari

He didn't come in crusading anything. You called a club a 'scum club' below footage of the club you're championing acting like scum. You threw stones in a glass house and, quite rightly, got called out for it.
Fair enough really. It's not my fight to battle anyway since I'm no fan of either club. Also the whole "scum club" was a joke.

Syder

15/16 Hyaline cartilage 09/05/16 - 02/01/17 (238 days) 29 games missed
15/16 Knee-OP 03/09/15 - 04/02/16 (154 days) 30 games missed
14/15 Patella problems 04/05/15 - 03/09/15 (122 days) 11 games missed

wenger.png

Brøndby fans can be some of the best, passionate and supportive bunch in the entire league.

A reminder you started that dicussion. But this quote is very saying. This is what separates Copenhagens management from Brøndby's. When Copenhagens fans do something as disgusting as this, there's an instant reply from the club and call for action. When Brøndby's does it, everyone from players, manager and chairman, sucks them off in the media. "Yes that's a shame. But we got the worlds best fans!!!", how many times have we heard that shit, after they have been fighting police, thrown rats on the pitch, destroyed every seat in their stands? Mentalitet vestegn has spread even to your brain, even if you claim to not be a fan of either club.

pbsapeer

Banned
"Chelsea to bid £60million for Liverpool transfer target Virgil van Dijk."

I don't get this. Why go for a CB for 60m??? We have Christensen, Rudiger and Luiz for that position. Will Luiz play as MF? Will Azpi play as RWB?
I've thought that a lot from chelsea over the years... Willian, salah, cuadrado etc. But they gotta keep the loans happening and tbf they normally have a strength in depth.

weekev

Banned
It's a home game so I expect... at least a draw. Lukaku is going to have to perform in his first league game or the knives will be out, so, yeah, he's gotta bag a goal. The biggest worry is will Mourinho sort that defence out and not be playing constant rotation for months.

Surprised Smalling hasn't been shipped out yet. Unless he's a-okay taking Rooneys bench spot. You need a bit of fire in your central defenders, like what Bailly has. Smalling is like an upper-class, well educated and timid University Professor decided to go and play football. Not only that, he's a liability half the time. Jones is a riot and is always injured, but did work well with Rojo. Rojo is another fire belly central defender, and has came on in strides. He's just not a fucking left back. So, stop that shit Mou. Either rattle some sense into Shaw, or buy another left back. Bailly/Lindelof pairing with Jones/Rojo rotation for if Lindelof is struggling.

I will say in advance Rojo needs to cut the two footed shit, no arguments there, fire in your central defenders doesn't need to mean leg breakers.
No mention of Valencia who has probably been our best Defender for the past 2 years? Sticking him at RWB was genius. Reminds me of Nev with his forays forward but no nonsense tackling that winds other teams up.

Elchele

Bayern are a train wreck since Pep joined. We lost our medical staff, we lost Sammer and now our technical director goes to fucking Stuttgart.

We are back in the Nerlinger days

Blablurn

Bayern are a train wreck since Pep joined. We lost our medical staff, we lost Sammer and now our technical director goes to fucking Stuttgart.

We are back in the Nerlinger days

How low can we go? Thats the question.

All those injured players dont help either. Its fucking annoying lol.

Fucking China trip destroyed us.

Remember when we bought James?

Almost forgot about it.

Elchele

How low can we go? Thats the question.

All those injured players dont help either. Its fucking annoying lol.

Fucking China trip destroyed us.

Remember when we bought James?

Almost forgot about it.
May as well resign Gomez and Shaqiri at this point. Bundesliga is the only reachable trophy.

Imagine when Robben leaves. We will be as irrelevant as Arsenal

Audioboxer

No mention of Valencia who has probably been our best Defender for the past 2 years? Sticking him at RWB was genius. Reminds me of Nev with his forays forward but no nonsense tackling that winds other teams up.

That's a given which is why I didn't even mention him. One of our best players and I don't know if there has ever been a more successful winger to right back conversion.

I keep forgetting his age too given his strength and speed. Evra went for ages which gives me hope Valencia can still go another year or two at this level.

spidye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom