• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't realise how small Chelsea's squad is this year considering they have quite a few out on loan.

Might have been better to sign players before letting others go out on loan....

That's what happens when you don't bother with youth. Nobody's squad is all superstar first team players.

They have their personal feeder club there.

There's probably a decent chain you could make.

Barca > Liverpool > Southampton > Celtic > Dundee United (
no I'm not still mad about them taking three of our best players in quick succession or anything
) > Queens Park.

Hell, one even made it from Queen's Park to Liverpool, albeit not via the chain.

Audioboxer

Keep your goddamn players Liverpool

RoyPlease.png

Aye, it's time to sabotage the fax machine and say no.... for at least a year or two. Everyone wants to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona.... apart from Neymar who's totally gone to PSG, not for the money.

This is how Klopp will chase Coutinho when he decides to leave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0qb9wP_jt0&t=19s

Sopranos is the best.

I've accepted he'll be a goner for us next season. I know we say every season is make or break, but this one really is. We always say 'when we make it into the CL', well, now we have (sorta). We haven't been able to make the big signings we wanted, so we've got to at minimum hold our position, or players like Mane and Can are gonna want out as well. We've got to keep him for now, then hopefully if we end next season strong, bigger players will give us a shot, and Phil can ride off into the sunset.

Or it'll all go to pot and we'll be on the same depressing roller coaster as always. Fuck me I wish this window went better, hope there's more incoming before September.

CrayToes

Wouldn't be mad at Phil for leaving. You can't really turn Barca down, especially now that his favourite position is up for grabs. He'll always be remembered fondly, regardless.

Hope he's happy to stay for another year while we line up a replacement though.

MrS

Banned
Wouldn't be mad at Phil for leaving. You can't really turn Barca down, especially now that his favourite position is up for grabs. He'll always be remembered fondly, regardless.
Of course you can. He has as much chance of winning silverware at Liverpool as he does at Barca now that Real Madrid are beginning to dominate
(Ok, maybe a little more at Barca)
. Coutinho couldn't even get a game for Inter and he owes Liverpool a massive debt of gratitude for restarting his career. He should give them another season, at least.

Lets not forget how uncertain Barca's future is with the Catalan referendum coming up. Barca could be kicked out of La Liga if Catalonia becomes an independent state.

Blablurn

im sick of hearing badstuber "but the coach didnt trust me"

its over dude. leave it behind you. you are not helping yourself.

Loris146

I was thinking that Barca lost Maradona , Ronaldo ( two of the best players of all time) and Neymar. All of them at the top of their careers.

MrS

Banned
I was thinking that Barca lost Maradona , Ronaldo ( two of the best players of all time) and Neymar. All of them at the top of their careers.
Maradona's best years were at Napoli, bruv. Definitely agree with the other 2 though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Of course you can. He has as much chance of winning silverware at Liverpool as he does at Barca now that Real Madrid are beginning to dominate
(Ok, maybe a little more at Barca)
. Coutinho couldn't even get a game for Inter and he owes Liverpool a massive debt of gratitude for restarting his career. He should give them another season, at least.

Lets not forget how uncertain Barca's future is with the Catalan referendum coming up. Barca could be kicked out of La Liga if Catalonia becomes an independent state.

La Liga would never allow this to happen

MrS

Banned
La Liga would never allow this to happen
By the letter of the law as it stands, it should though. Non-Spanish teams can't play in Spanish leagues. Tebas, the head of LFP, has said that rule would change if Catalonia gained independence. So he is basically advocating that the rules should change to suit Barca. That's egregious af.

Lashley

By the letter of the law as it stands, it should though. Non-Spanish teams can't play in Spanish leagues. Tebas has said that rule would change if Catalonia gained independence. So he is basically advocating that the rules should change to suit Barca. That's egregious af.

Not new for Barca though, they suck them off all the time

Jurgen Klopp: "There aren't five better centre-halves than what we already have at Liverpool"

WnvUJGM.gif

MrS

Banned
Money talks and nothing else really matters in regards to football
Not new for Barca though, they suck them off all the time
Spot on, lads.

Conte is pissed off. That handshake snub at Wembley was hilarious.
He is right to be irked. The board should have made more effort to sign Bonucci and shouldn't have sold Matic against Conte's wishes. You can't stand still and they seem to be in a worse position than last season (Morata isn't as good as Costa, no leader now that Terry has gone). They've had a bad transfer window. So have Tottenham.

To me, you come in here like Brøndby fans are twats, which is not the entire truth.

I disrespectfully disagree, and they are absolutely a scum club.

(also do Brøndy fans really make good tofu?)

Already 20 identified by Copenhagen, and they are banned + sent info to police, who can take them to court if they please. Just the beginning. Brøndby could certainly learn a thing or two about that.

Okay so here's some ITK info from me. If there's any Aston Villa fans here, hearing some stuff that Sebastian Larsson from Sunderland is close to signing for you.

Spot on, lads.

He is right to be irked. The board should have made more effort to sign Bonucci and shouldn't have sold Matic against Conte's wishes. You can't stand still and they seem to be in a worse position than last season (Morata isn't as good as Costa, no leader now that Terry has gone). They've had a bad transfer window. So have Tottenham.

Well we were supposed to add some depth to the squad to compete in the CL and instead we're actually thinner thanks to the loans and selling players. Every first team player we've bought is a replacement, not an addition.

And so many already sent on loan. It seems like we jumped the gun. Sending RLC, Tammy, even selling Solanke, Ake was a mistake. With all those around, we could have been in much better place now. We can't just grant wishes for everyone especially if it bites us back.

Pachimari

I disrespectfully disagree, and they are absolutely a scum club.
I knew where you were coming from. No point in discussing any further with you, cause you already have your script all laid out and ready to execute. Have fun, if that's what gets you going.

Already 20 identified by Copenhagen, and they are banned + sent info to police, who can take them to court if they please.
This is good. People who can't behave and causes a stir like they did do not belong on any stadium.

sora87

I've been itching to play football manager again with all the happenings going on right now, wish 2018 was out already

I've been itching to play football manager again with all the happenings going on right now, wish 2018 was out already

Heh, actually started a new save yesterday during the Community Shield, after not touching it for a couple of months.

Started unemployed and got a job at Eastleigh but that's it so far, since it takes ages to do anything on my old laptop.

Lashley

Same mate. I always make a local team and start in conference.

Dunno if anyone has watched it yet, but holy fuck the latest Game of Thrones is phenomenal.

Meier

Not sure how this got back into the OT but that is cool. I'm still sad about what happened but it is nice that there is a thriving thread again.

Hixx

Okay so here's some ITK info from me. If there's any Aston Villa fans here, hearing some stuff that Sebastian Larsson from Sunderland is close to signing for you.

It's been reported everywhere this afternoon he's on the verge of signing for them. Also he doesn't play for Sunderland anymore. He's too shit even for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom