• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
In truth, it was a terrible match, wasn't it?

r u sure?

_51446141_martins466x282_reuters.jpg

Definitely. When they lose, its absolutely hilarious, so there's no middle ground with them when it comes to Wembley.

Good three point for Rangers at Motherwell today, we have the making of a decent team and at least it isn't filled with a bunch of shitehawks like last season.

Dorrans with the perfect debut and its still mad as fuck to think that Bruno Alves plays for us, lol.

Rush_Khan

I can't believe Arsenal won with no senior centre backs for 60 minutes (no, Monreal doesn't count). Such a fluke, but as a fan I'll take it. Pedro deserved to be sent off, though.

DBT85

Grats Arse Bros. Did Cech lift the trophy this time?

Same with the new kickoff system, change wasn't really needed, but at the same time, who does it harm?

For me, the old kick off thing was just daft anyway, you must kick it forward before you can kick it back, why, because that's the rule. People complaining about it are just shouting at clouds. Like the game was invented with all the existing rules and has never changed lol.

New pen system makes sense, the pressure of being the one going second always fromt he wsame team seemed a bit harsh, also bearning in mind they are all at one end with one set of fans as well. I can't fatthom how the new system could possibly be worse than the old, so lets roll with it.

Still not seen the dive/clipped thing in decent quality so can;t comment on that. I don't like the idea that you can be touched with a pinkie and claim contact and a penalty though so that might cloud my judgement.

slider

How was the Kolasinac? A mate messaged me the usual hyperbole that he's gonna be a ledge.

Stay steady, Arsenal. Think you're missing some quality in parts and lack depth. But I respect Wenger so hoping he can get one more high and retire gracefully.

How was the Kolasinac? A mate messaged me the usual hyperbole that he's gonna be a ledge.

Stay steady, Arsenal. Think you're missing some quality in parts and lack depth. But I respect Wenger so hoping he can get one more high and retire gracefully.
He looks very good. In general though it's just the usual Arsenal cycle. Club hasn't invested enough and hasn't fixed the problems in the squad, but fans get hyped up anyway.

I mean I would imagine most fans saying this. It's not our cash after all.

People getting invested in the economics of a club is funny to me. I mean sure if you buy more than a few flops in a row get pissed but you shouldn't be worried about the minute of financial dealings, that's their job.

Mates are tagging me all over FB claiming Coutinho is a done deal. I won't weep just yet.

Feel like he isn't since our mouthpieces wouldn't have been so adamant he was staying if there was some breathing room in negotiations. After the summer we've had fans will be angry if the club fucks up again.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

He was class, I said earlier he'll be the signing of the season and he's given me more confidence in that statement.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mbappe if they aren't hurting for money like Lashley says

We're not hurting for money, but why would he choose to come to us over Madrid or Barca?

I mean Boro have wasted 40m on Championship players, why not use that on better players?

See, the logic doesn't apply.

MrS

Banned
We're not hurting for money, but why would he choose to come to us over Madrid or Barca?

I mean Boro have wasted 40m on Championship players, why not use that on better players?

See, the logic doesn't apply.
Losing 1 away game on the first day of the season = wasted 40m. And my logic is flawed.

Why did Arsenal bid for him if they didn't think he was an attainable target?

Tosyn_88

I hope Chelsea fans give Morata time to settle. As much as there is a lot of Spanish guys in that squad, it will still take him time to adjust to the EPL. I think he will eventually reach his peak which will be lethal but for the first six months, it will be a learning curve.

DBT85

I hope Chelsea fans give Morata time to settle. As much as there is a lot of Spanish guys in that squad, it will still take him time to adjust to the EPL. I think he will eventually reach his peak which will be lethal but for the first six months, it will be a learning curve.

Provided they aren't like 10th or something I think the crowd will be fine.

Audioboxer

Yeah, good points. But well placed shots into the corners are way more difficult to save for the most part.

Recommend taking a look at this heat map:
https://twitter.com/PenaltyKickStat/status/894218038953861120

CD3OIsl.png

Oooft, Courtois.

That Twitter account is awesome! By low and hard I did mean into the bottom corners. I especially love penalties that manage to hit the side netting, perfection.

One reason I'm happy about Lukaku (EPL experience). However, look at Martial's first season (
pls ignore second
). Some players can hit the ground running even in the EPL. Others do need time though.

I was thinking earlier Mou seems to be trying to out-height Fellaini to another team. He's losing his "height privilege card" with Lukaku, Matic and Lindelof coming in!!! Add them to Pogba and if we don't start scoring more headers blaming Mata will be no excuse.

DBT85

I would like to hope they'll all get dealt with and stadium bans. Is it likely?

That Twitter account is awesome! By low and hard I did mean into the bottom corners. I especially love penalties that manage to hit the side netting, perfection.

I see so many penalties and commentators say "great penalty" and it's "great" simply because it went in. It's a shit penalty literally if the keeper goes the other way most of the time.

Great pens are top and bottom corners only.

Many/most were masked, only 4 arrested Copenhagen fans so far... So, I don't know. Obviously those 4 will get banned, but I am unsure about how many other they can spot.

We have become Brøndby now. Not only do we have a bunch of glue sniffers fighting in the stands, we are also shit on the pitch.

Audioboxer

Many/most were masked, only 4 arrested Copenhagen fans so far... So, I don't know. Obviously those 4 will get banned, but I am unsure about how many other they can spot.

Clubs should be docked points for it. Sets the example that if you give a shit about supporting your club you will not enjoy seeing them sink down the league further if you act like shits.

As well as bans where possible and club fines.

I would like to hope they'll all get dealt with and stadium bans. Is it likely?

I see so many penalties and commentators say "great penalty" and it's "great" simply because it went in. It's a shit penalty literally if the keeper goes the other way most of the time.

Great pens are top and bottom corners only.

True, usually BT sports next level commentary™. The ball went in the net? Great penalty, every time.

Clubs should be docked points for it. Sets the example that if you give a shit about supporting your club you will not enjoy seeing them sink down the league further if you act like shits.

Like these people care about that at fucking all, it's the usual scummy people that come to high risk matches only, to fight only. Fuck off with that nonsense. If the club is doing whatever it can to stop them, they should not be punished. Punished in the sense of not allowing fans I can agree to, but not hurt the actual sport, because of what some idiots are doing.

Here in Sweden point deduction have happened a few times during shit like that.

Labadal

True, usually BT sports next level commentary™. The ball went in the net? Great penalty, every time.
Don't punish the club at first. This is a clear crime. Put the morons in prison.

True, McMoneyman. It's happened a few times here.

Audioboxer

Like these people care about that at fucking all, it's the usual scummy people that come to high risk matches only, to fight only. Fuck off with that nonsense. If the club is doing whatever it can to stop them, they should not be punished. Punished in the sense of not allowing fans I can agree to, but not hurt the actual sport, because of what some idiots are doing.

If it keeps going on though, either the club are failing, fans aren't reporting on other fans or something is going wrong. I should have been more nuanced, I am not advocating for 3 points dropped every time hooligans show up. Repeated behaviour.

Some clubs literally have a reputation for shit like above. So it has to be stopped or curbed at some point so said reputations do not go on for years.

Here in Sweden point deduction have happened a few times during shit like that.

As above I can get behind it. I should have added more nuance to my original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom