• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

I really don't like that group from a United perspective, all teams that have been from 'lol this should be a piece of piss, oh wait we got knocked out' groups over the years.

Benfica can beat United easily. Basel should be a win, but CSKA Moscow is going to be a tough game to go to in Russia.

United to finish 2nd. Group isn't as easy as it looks.

As always though, EPL teams in Europe, complete and utter fuckery and disaster due to how poor a league the EPL really is ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Benfica can beat United easily. Basel should be a win, but CSKA Moscow is going to be a tough game to go to in Russia.

United to finish 2nd. Group isn't as easy as it looks.
I agree. I hate when we have to travel to Russia of Ukraine... Never easy fixtures. We should make it out of the group but this is a tougher group than it looks on paper.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm legit shocked that Liverpool didn't go into one of the groups of death. Arsenal fans must be pretty pleased with that draw, Spurs V Arsenal in the Europa League Final, Believe!

Yeah, really not good at all

Atleti is gonna be really rough, they are made for the CL it seems. Feel like Roma should be a win at home, and a draw away. Qarabag should be 2 wins, but so should Burnley at home....Second place in the Poulenc and then up against PSG!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's payback time sevilla!

27e80f53c4f01281ca7a9b6d41d9e70f.gif

Moobabe

Atleti is gonna be really rough, they are made for the CL it seems. Feel like Roma should be a win at home, and a draw away. Qarabag should be 2 wins, but so should Burnley at home....Second place in the Poulenc and then up against PSG!

It's that away game in Qarabag. A win on paper, but the travel...

Audioboxer

I agree. I hate when we have to travel to Russia of Ukraine... Never easy fixtures. We should make it out of the group but this is a tougher group than it looks on paper.

only solace I take from that group is that I don't think Mourinho will take it lightly.

It's not as bad as getting ass blasted in one of the other groups, but it's the kind of group that if United have one "take it for granted" night on a pitch they'll be punished. Arrogant United or 50% effort United will end up being beaten/draws.

Mou parking the bus in any of those games is how it could end badly as well. Fuck your 1-0 win in Europe Mou. All out attack Football manager setting all the way, I want defenders playing as strikers to win games 4-2 if need be.

Markitron

Merson is predicting Liverpool to beat Arsenal 3-1 on Sunday.

We're fucked.

Yep, but so will Anderlecht, and given Anderlechts start to the season Celtic have a decent chance of finishing 3.

Anderlecht is really awful but their current playing style might suit them more in the Champions League. Their coach, Rene Weiler, plays the most boring style of football you can possibly imagine. Don't expect any exciting matches unless it's a trashing.

Their transfers the last two years have been uniformly terrible. Teodorczyk is one of the worst strikers in the league at the moment, Stanciu is the laughing stock of Belgium for his €10M fee and Dendoncker is going down with the ship. They literally have one good player at the moment (Onyekuru) and he's on loan from Everton.

I can't emphasize enough how bad Anderlecht is.

Markitron

Is that the guy who predicted Liverpool to go unbeaten last season?

Nah I think that was Lawrenson, who can politely be described as an oxygen thief. Merson isn't quite that bad, but he's not far off. Has a hate boner for Liverpool so predicting them to win is usually a bad sign.

Gonna end up being like 5-5 the way both teams have started this season

I can see it being 3-3 in all honesty.

MrS

Banned
Spurs will be the only English team to get knocked out in the group stage. 4 English teams in the last 16 will be awesome.

Markitron

Spurs will be the only English team to get knocked out in the group stage. 4 English teams in the last 16 will be awesome.

One of the 4 will shit the bed, it's between Liverpool and City IMO.

Always one big club that fucks up, who is it going to be?

I'd laugh my ass off if it was Barca.

Not liking our chances. Roma can be tough.
Spurs are fucked though.
United got easiest group. Liverpool are relatively fine, City too.
I would love to knock out Atletico though. Fuck Costa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom