• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill3r7

Spurs will be the only English team to get knocked out in the group stage. 4 English teams in the last 16 will be awesome.

Agreed. Although I am slightly worried about United. Last time we were in the same group as Basel and Benfica, we got knocked out. Spurs have a tough task ahead of them.

Audioboxer

Always one big club that fucks up, who is it going to be?

One? This is the EPL in the CL Beefy. Like 1 English team will make it through, probably.

If only Arsenal were around to show us how it's done.

edit: Misread that post to be one of the big EPL teams. I think my remarks still stand. The embarrassments will come from English teams.

Zasa

Group G should be very fun. Relatively balanced & pretty offensive minded sides. Expect Monaco to top though, their attack if they keep Lemar (& lose Mbappé) is still brilliant. RB should come close.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal got lucky with their group this year.

gEqVo7D.gif

I can see Barca going out early this year, their team is just all over the place

They are still better than the vast majority of top clubs. To get through the group stages usually a minimum of two wins and two draws will get a team through. That should be more than easy for Barca.

MikeBison

Sevilla are not the same team that were bossing Europa a couple of years back. Just got weaker and weaker.

Celtic to win at PSG and Bayern. Take this post as a receipt.

Audioboxer

Sevilla are not the same team that were bossing Europa a couple of years back. Just got weaker and weaker.

Celtic to win at PSG and Bayern. Take this post as a receipt.

image.php

Do u even Scottish football?

English football quality is fucking terrible. Scottish football is like 11 of us were randomly picked from this topic to form a team.

Tubie

image.php

Do u even Scottish football?

English football quality is fucking terrible. Scottish football is like 11 of us were randomly picked from this topic to form a team.

If you picked the top 11 people in this thread and made a team with that it could probably win the Scottish league.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I could be a 30 goals a season striker in the Scottish League

Hell, I could score 30 goals from defence

EDIT: Screw you audiobro

TimmmV

Can't really complain about that draw for Liverpool, only minor thing is the travelling to Eastern Europe twice. Hopefully get revenge on Sevilla for the Europa final

Basel always seem to turn up against English teams, hopefully they do vs United

Am really surprised from the pots that the big/good teams have mostly been kept separate, only really the Madrid/Dortmund/Spurs group has 3 that would expect to qualify, and even then you would still expect Madrid to finish first.

Chelsea/Atletico/Roma could be close too, but will have to see how well Roma do with so many new players this year

PowderedToast

pretty disappointed we wont get a big team at home, but equally this is an appropriate test for klopps side. we *should* top the group, make our presence known, and get to a point where we can compete with the top competition

MikeBison

mXyupD1.gif

As a Liverpool fan, I will just say, Rodgers isn't that good.

I know, I was awake for his reign as manager. But I genuinely want him and them to do well. Funny as fucking seeing Celtic play the floor is lava and kick seven shades out of Neymar, Robben et al.

Plus, great stadium and they've managed an upset or two in the past. It's just always not enough in the grand scheme of the group.

MikeBison

Just speaking to a Celtic supporting mate, is gonna et me and him a ticket for Bayern or PSG (he'll be at all of them).

Will be some atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom