• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadasch

Awful from the goalie
btw why is Mignolet starter at Liverpool? Karius can't be that bad, because what I've seen from Mignolet this season is REALLY bad.
Transfer was probably a bit too early for Karius - I liked his performance at Mainz a lot, but apparently he should have stayed there at least one season more.

Tainted

btw why is Mignolet starter at Liverpool? Karius can't be that bad, because what I've seen from Mignolet this season is REALLY bad.
Transfer was probably a bit too early for Karius - I liked his performance at Mainz a lot, but apparently he should have stayed there at least one season more.

As bad as Mignolet can be at times....he is still better than Karius.

Tubie

15035949801964.jpg

Really good chance for all the Spanish clubs to make it through.

Both Manchester clubs got incredibly lucky with their groups imo.

1503597013_389521_1503597142_portada_normal_recorte1.jpg

Why do they use such a weird trophy for this award?

Migs is a strange one. Makes saved in clutch you'd never expect. Lets in the simple stuff, not helped by the defense.

Policy on him is the same as usual, he works better under competition so we have Ward and Marius, but we're kinda hoping one of them will be able to surpass the guy.

Dadasch

I guess it just baffles me how german Goalies are so much better in Germany than abroad. There were some transfers in the last couple of years, like Ter Stegen, Trapp and Karius and neither of them is very convincing and two of them are even on the bench quite often/most of the time.

MrS

Banned
Just beat Madden Longshot. Way, waaaay better than FIFA's The Journey. NFL is real football, confirmed.

Tainted

I guess it just baffles me how german Goalies are so much better in Germany than abroad. There were some transfers in the last couple of years, like Ter Stegen, Trapp and Karius and neither of them is very convincing and two of them are even on the bench quite often/most of the time.

I guess some players just struggle to adapt to a new league. Different climate, different language, different manager etc. The reasons would be different for each but it is always a gamble when buying from another league/country

This is why it is sometimes advantageous to purchase players that are proven in the same league

MikeBison

I'm sure GAF patrons like yourselves who frequent this fine thread can agree that PES is the better game anyway. If not, you're getting banished to the GAFSCOT under-23's.

Tubie

I might buy FIFA18 just because its on the Switch and I can play it whenever I have a break during the day.

I only hesitate cause I still remember how much I hated 13 and 14.

Floody

I think Ward should get a shot, played a huge role in getting Huddersfield promoted and was great in pre-season. Has by far the most potential out of the 3 and is far better than a reserve keeper.
I do like Migs though, and thought he was fantastic towards the end of last season and hasn't really been too at fault for anything this season yet.

Karius wasn't convincing when he was starting last season, but he needs to play games to make himself stable in Klopp's eyes.

Mignolet has always been error prone, even if he's in good form. Ward is still too young and needs to go out on loan once more.

Since we have so many games now, hopefully both Ward and Karius can bump Mignolet off his perch. I still don't trust him, just like Lovren and Moreno.

Best wishes.

EmiPrime

Arsenal apparently offering Oxlade-Chamberlain £180,000/w a contract to keep him from going to Chelsea lol holy shit.

If we end up getting Ox, Barkley, and Drinkwater I'll be pretty happy.

Word was he's had a "take it or leave it" contract offer since January. As much as I like him as a person, based on current performances I would be very disappointed if we offered him a new contract on wages significantly higher than Ozil's.

longdi

Banned
What has dembele done to command such price tag? Another young french 'starlet'? Imo the French are messing up the transfer markets.

casiopao

Apparently PSG wants Reina (lol why), and he wants to go as well.

That's not too bad, but with the transfer session ending next week I'm afraid of what we could buy. I heard we might get Rulli, would that be good?

U guys should target Perin or at least Meret. Young talented italian keeper too. Also damn cheap.

pbsapeer

Banned
I might buy FIFA18 just because its on the Switch and I can play it whenever I have a break during the day.

I only hesitate cause I still remember how much I hated 13 and 14.
In pretty much here really. Having Fifa on switch would be excellent but wish we could get a good PES version. I used to love those on PSP and it was so easy to get kits and roster updates
i still use PES controls when playing fifa

Icolin

Banned
Really LTTP on the CL draw and I'm pleasantly surprised. Obviously there's a chance that Liverpool will fuck it up (as usual), but that's a very favourable draw.

Jack cw

Respect Dortmund.
Sold for 10 times the price they bought Dembele last year.
With Pulisic in great shape this transfer is just perfect.
150m for Dembele... hahahaha.

Lunar FC

Respect Dortmund.
Sold for 10 times the price they bought Dembele last year.
With Pulisic in great shape this transfer is just perfect.
150m for Dembele... hahahaha.

I consider myself as someone who doesn't ever really get surprised by crazy transfer fees, but this one is just beyond me. Nonsense.

Wish pool could have managed to get pulisic last summer. Now they're going to have no chance next summer.

Jack cw

That seems...excessive. Great player but not 120m + 30m bonus great.

He is extremely talented and might become one of the best in a couple of years but all this insanity could as well lead to a Anderson, Robinho or Pato story. For that money it's a massive gamble.

Dadasch

It's not bad at all, but Ralf Rangnick said Dembele and Mbappe are right now the only talents he thinks of regarding a Ballon d'Or in the future and as I think very highly of Rangnick's evaluations I'm not that happy with this.

Let's say he has an even greater year than before. It's not like his price will go down and we would actually have him around another year. Watzke probably just wants to avoid any unfavourable headlines by the media or any reaction from the fans, which would weaken Dembele mentally.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Wish pool could have managed to get pulisic last summer. Now they're going to have no chance next summer.

I'm more worried about Keita next year tbh, he has a release clause of 48m and all of the big clubs will be sniffing around him at that price.

That seems...excessive. Great player but not 120m + 30m bonus great.

Barca are a fucking shambles.

Jack cw

It's not bad at all, but Ralf Rangnick said Dembele and Mbappe are right now the only talents he thinks of regarding a Ballon d'Or in the future and as I think very highly of Rangnick's evaluations I'm not that happy with this.

Let's say he has an even greater year than before. It's not like his price will go down and we would actually have him around another year. Watzke probably just wants to avoid any unfavourable headlines by the media or any reaction from the fans, which would weaken Dembele mentally.

Watzke said in German TV that they only thought about selling Dembele because Barca had just recieved 222m and wanted a huge share of that money. They have Reus, Pulisic, Schürrle, Mor, Phillip and even Aubameyang who could play Dembele's position.

He was not irreplacebale and Watzke even admitted that under normal conditions they would have kept him or sold him at a price around 60-80m, which is still ridculously excessive for a 20year old.

Dadasch

Watzke said in German TV that they only thought about selling Dembele because Barca had just recieved 222m and wanted a huge share of that money. They have Reus, Pulisic, Schürrle, Mor, Phillip and even Aubameyang who could play Dembele's position.

He was not irreplacebale and Watzke even admitted that under normal conditions they would have kept him or sold him at a price around 60-80m, which is still ridculously excessive for a 20year old.
Watzke could be happy with it, but I view it as some kind of curse because we inherited now the tough negotiation position Barca was in before (and still is). I'm pretty sure Dortmund wants a replacement for Dembele, as they still plan to sell Mor. Reus is just very injury prone (and tbh not that good anymore because of that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom