• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth (very little) Micky Quinn and IndyKaila and a load of others are saying something will come out at 8pm regarding LFC.

Can't wait to see the announcement about our Dunkin' donuts sponsorship being extended.

Coutinho's coming back into the fold. Everyone at the club describes him as 'like a new signing'.

They say the same about the Dunkin Donuts renewal.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
That dubious honour surely has to go to 'The Firm'.

I actually don't know that one thankfully, any particularly outlandish rumours in their recent past?

Coutinho's coming back into the fold. Everyone at the club describes him as 'like a new signing'.

They same about the Dunkin Donuts renewal.

They have sold the naming rights to the new Anfield pitch. From now on it's the Anfield HewAway Fast Haemorrhoida Relief Cream pitch.

TimmmV

Idk, this reads to me like you want smaller teams to get the bulk of the money because you support a Portugese team that have a good youth system and would stand to profit from it (which is fine, just don't try and dance around the issue talking about colonialism)

I agree with bits of your last paragraph there though - but would rather see this dealt with by being able to put harsher penalties on a player that refuses to participate when they push for a transfer. Got no problem with a player wanting to leave, because ultimately it is just a job for most of them, but while they are paid money they should at minimum be professional and trying in training and in matches. Really pisses me off when they pull bullshit to burn bridges and try and force a move through.

Am very against salary caps though. I have huge problems with the amount of money in football at the moment, but still think that the ones who ultimately should be getting paid out of it are the players. Introducing a salary cap would just make the people who own football clubs wealthier

IndyKaila is the worst ITK going.

IndyKaila's defensiveness to getting called out on Twitter is always really funny - they just peddle absolute nonsense all the time and when they get called out on it they start kicking off immediately 😂

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
They have sold the naming rights to the new Anfield pitch. From now on it's the Anfield HewAway Fast Haemorrhoidal Relief Cream pitch.

I had to google brands of Haemorrhoid cream and someone just walked in and saw it on my screen.

The lengths I go to to attempt to amuse you people.

IndyKaila's defensiveness to getting called out on Twitter is always really funny - they just peddle absolute nonsense all the time and when they get called out on it they start kicking off immediately ��

Yea it's such a laugh, I follow accounts that just give them grief. They block people almost straight away.

They were at the forefront of the whole 'mark our words, Keita is a done deal. Will be announced tomorrow. Then next week. Then next week.' etc.

All this does is get the moron section of the fanbase all riled up, which what causes these tampon-eaters to tweet death threats to Peter Moore. Cunts.

Markitron

Would be funny if they just paid the release.

PSG should start messing with Barca. Make a counter-offer for every player they go for. I'd be happy to sell them Phil, as long as Draxler is going the other way.

Dadasch

PSG should start messing with Barca. Make a counter-offer for every player they go for. I'd be happy to sell them Phil, as long as Draxler is going the other way.
I thought the hate I feel for Barcelona right now is pretty big, but you...holy shit, that's something else. :D

Markitron

I thought the hate I feel for Barcelona right now is pretty big, but you...holy shit, that's something else. :D

My capacity for hatred is astounding. I usually direct it at Coldplay, but right now Barcelona are top of my list.

VLiberty

Why is Everton in group 2? Can't recall any decent performance from them in Europe.

I remember they were quite hyped in the 2014-15 UEL, I don't know if they had any other partecipation but I see that rankings are very low in UEL...Milan hasn't played a single UEFA match in 3 years and somehow it's pot 1

hopefully Atalanta gets group L :)
edit: E? even better.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Group H: #UELdraw

Arsenal 🇬🇧
BATE Borisov 🇧🇾
Köln🇩🇪
Red Star 🇷🇸

Group E: #UELdraw

Lyon 🇫🇷
Everton 🇬🇧
Atalanta 🇮🇹
Apollon 🇨🇾

Tunoku

Arsenal got fairly lucky I’d say. Especially compared to Everton. When it comes to distance, flying to Serbia or Belarus is not too bad.

Tunoku

I could see us drawing against Bate away and getting a player injured for 6 months.

EDIT: Apparently Arda can leave for free. WENGER

VLiberty

Milan should get to KS without problems. Lazio's group is tougher but they're definitely the best team in the group. Atalanta is already dead.

the difference between E and F/G is mind boggling

Icolin

Banned
Group H: #UELdraw

Arsenal ����
BATE Borisov ����
Köln����
Red Star ����

Group E: #UELdraw

Lyon ����
Everton ����
Atalanta ����
Apollon ����

Looking forward to seeing the Canadian national team goalkeeper Milan Borjan playing against Arsenal. Hopefully it goes better than the last time he went up against you guys...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVq21GmCGE&index=44&list=WL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcV6BP0sXf0&index=45&list=WL

jL77JoO.gif

Cairnsay

Banned
Yo, ToonGAF, we did it:

Emmanuel Riviere is no longer a Newcastle player, completing a permanent move to French Ligue 1 side Metz where he's signed a two year deal.

The 27 year-old joined United from Monaco in 2014 for a claimed £5m fee, signing a six year deal at SJP.

French media outlets claim that the alleged striker secured his release from the Magpies before joining Metz, meaning that no transfer fee will be payable.

from NUFC.com

Markitron

Just saw this. Of all the stupid sayings that footballers regularly recycle, this is the most annoying.

The only thing that is like a new signing is AN ACTUAL NEW SIGNING.

Where are Gearbox in the ranking?

Barca have definitely shot up mine.

Gearbox are usually second in my hate list, but anytime I am reminded about Colonial Marines or Randy opens his lying mouth, they shoot past Coldplay into first.

Right now Barca are 4th, sandwiched in between Simon Pegg and forum users that post threads entitled 'GAF we really need to talk about......'

Markitron

I wanted Turan @ United back before he chose to sit on the bench at Barca. He can stay on the bench.

That was such a strange move every way you look at it. He must have known he was gonna sit on the bench, he couldn't play until the January after and he was already playing for a very competitive Atletico side.

MrS

Banned
I was hoping someone would ask "who are BATE Borisov", to which I would reply with "TELL ME ABOUT BATE", referencing Christopher Nolan's masterpiece The Dark Knight Rises.
Icolin
Of course. Dr. Pavel refused our offer in favor of yours, we had to find out what he told you about us.
(Today, 12:51 PM)

Markitron

When he left Real obviously.

I doubt they could insert that stipulation that many moves in advance, that would just be unfair if true.

For fuck sake, you fool. Even worse is him talking about how great Moreno has been at left back.

I genuinely wonder what does be going through his mind. How does Moreno keep getting chances and yet Sakho is a lost cause?

Beefy

@SkyKaveh
Coutinho hoping Barcelona signing Dembélé doesn't mean they're giving up on him. Still wants Barcelona move. Told his "mood is very low"

@SkyKaveh
Arsenal to tell Oxlade-Chamberlain in next 24 hours if he can leave. Wants to go. Turned down £180k a week deal. Chelsea, Liverpool want him

@SkyKaveh
Sky Italy: PSG to sign Kylian Mbappé today from Monaco for €155m (£142m)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom