• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Sky Sports claim Chamberlain has turned down a new £180k-a-week contract offer. #Arsenal to decide in the next 24hrs if he will be sold.

Tra Ox

The presentation is top class.

Only thing they do right, the faces and gameplay is urgh

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Maybe he just wants to play at a club that wins trophies.

Rules Liverpool out then. Fuck knows why we want him though. He never seemed particularly great to me, is very injury prone and is in the last year of his contract.

la_briola

They make a lot yes, and it's a rare ocassion where they are were able to keep rights, but that is not the normal practice (I think you can't even share in PL) and I still think the split is unfair. To the user who said 30M is fine, well then let's switch sides. 30M for Dortmund and 90 for Rennes. Is it still fine? Cause Dortmund doubles their evaluation in one year. Seems more than fair.

[...]

First of all: "my club" isn't rich at all, more around average for Bundesliga clubs.

Second: Transfer prices are insane and out of control at the moment.
You shouldn't look at how much BVB is getting, but at how much Rennes is.
They are getting (now) ~35m for (before the switch to BVB) an unproven (in a better league/different country/CL) talent (with a huge potential, but those you find all the time and they don't always pan out).

Realistically, Dembele is worth maybe 30 million, but Barca is in a very specific situation where they a) need to buy and b) the player has a long ass contract.

Without Neymar BVB might have sold him for like 60 million.

I do agree with you, that "ausbildungs" clubs are getting fucked all the time.
They all need to have clauses where they get % the next 1-2 future transfers like with Dembele.

TimmmV

I'd actually be pretty happy with Ox, don't watch a lot of Arsenal games but he always seemed pretty good to me

He'd definitely help given how small the squad is at the moment.

Plus adding another pace merchant to the team would be pretty good bants.

MikeBison

Hes taken over from Arda as the player that gets linked with us every transfer window lol

Madrid would be mad to let him go

More importantly, he'd be mad to leave. I know he doesn't play week in, week out, but he plays a good amount. And wins approximately 364 trophies every 365 days. Feel like we're entering a period of Real Madrid dominance.

NHale

If Oxlade thinks Chelsea or Liverpool will offer him anywhere near 180k p/w he is out of his mind.

Then he would be a fool to not accept Arsenal offer because right now he's a starting player every week.

He only refused the deal because he wants to leave on a free transfer next Summer, get that huge signing bonus for himself and a bigger salary. He would not refuse 180k per week if his agent knew there wasn't any team on the market willing to give him that or more.

Floody

Would actually love if we got Ox, he's still only 24, bags of potential and would really suit a Klopp team. Worst case he'd just be some much needed added quality squad depth. But there's absolutely no way we'd give him even close to a 180k a week, probably not even a 100k, so definitely won't happen, he's an idiot if he actually turned that down.

Lashley

Would actually love if we got Ox, he's still only 24, bags of potential and would really suit a Klopp team. Worst case he'd just be some much needed added quality squad depth. But there's absolutely no way we'd give him even close to a 180k a week, probably not even a 100k, so definitely won't happen, he's an idiot if he actually turned that down.

ffs him and Walcott have had "bags of potential" their entire careers

its long past time to realise that potential

King_Moc

Banned
Oxlade would be good as versatile cover at lfc, but he wouldn't be a starter. Nor would he be at Chelsea. If he wants first team, the biggest club he can go to is Everton imo.

Oxlade would be good as versatile cover at lfc, but he wouldn't be a starter. Nor would he be at Chelsea. If he wants first team, the biggest club he can go to is Everton imo.

Yeah I went through every top team and Everton seems a good fit not gonna get close 180k a week though.

TimmmV

Come to Anfield Ox, we will play you in midfield just like you want, and definitely not move you to fullback just like Milner

Edit: Ox wont be getting 180k a week at these clubs, but it wouldn't be that surprising if he got a fairly hefty signing on fee if he moves for free, that takes his effective weekly salary over the term of his contract to 180k pw

Lashley

Ox is the reason he's been moved around into numerous positions tbh

He's never been good enough in one position to keep it

casiopao

Milan should get to KS without problems. Lazio's group is tougher but they're definitely the best team in the group. Atalanta is already dead.

the difference between E and F/G is mind boggling

Dont underestimate Atlanta though. Papu Gomez is still around lol.

Empty

klopp and pochettino could turn the ox into a top class player. he's stagnating in a system that doesn't get the best out of him.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
How is it that Arsenal keep letting players they intend to keep get to the final year of their contract?

Lashley

How is it that Arsenal keep letting players they intend to keep get to the final year of their contract?

Incompetence.

Spending £20m net after our lowest finish under Wenger is peak Arsenal. Sell Gibbs + Lucas next week and we've made a profit this summer.

CrayToes

With Lallana out until December I have no idea why Liverpool aren't trying to sign Ox tbh. He's exactly the type of player we need to bolster our midfield. He's properly underrated.

Markitron

Incompetence.

Spending £20m net after our lowest finish under Wenger is peak Arsenal. Sell Gibbs + Lucas next week and we've made a profit this summer.

Nothing more irritating than a net profit, that's how it's been at Liverpool since summer 2015

I wouldn't really want Oxlade-Chamberlain at Liverpool. Especially not for 35 mil.

With Lallana out until December I have no idea why Liverpool aren't trying to sign Ox tbh. He's exactly the type of player we need to bolster our midfield. He's properly underrated.

I don't consider him over or underrated. He just is what he is, a handy squad player. But he's injury prone and in the final year of his contract so 35m would be madness.

NHale

wenger_always_optimistic.gif

Floody

ffs him and Walcott have had "bags of potential" their entire careers

its long past time to realise that potential

Sure, but Walcott is past the point of reaching it though (outside of him pulling a Lallana and becoming really good after he hit 28). Ox isn't and wasn't he actually playing really well until Wenger started moving him around last season?

Lashley

Sure, but Walcott is past the point of reaching it though (outside of him pulling a Lallana and becoming really good after he hit 28). Ox isn't and wasn't he actually playing really well until Wenger started moving him around last season?

He was playing better. Lad can't cross to save his life though, so the final product is always poor.

Wenger needs to fuck off with these mad position changes, we might have Ospina upfront vs Liverpool at the weekend if he continues

Markitron

Can't agree with Lallana as he's been fantastic for years now, his first season with Liverpool was a blip, and I blame that on Rodgers. He has gone up a notch with Klopp though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom