• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmmV

Brazil called up Coutinho - don't they know hes hurt his back!!

Nob, refusing to play really pisses me off. Should fine him for any weeks he doesn't train or play regardless of whether he stays or goes

Floody

Can't agree with Lallana as he's been fantastic for years now, his first season with Liverpool was a blip, and I blame that on Rodgers. He has gone up a notch with Klopp though.

Oh, sure wasn't saying he was bad before that or anything, but he was on a different lever last season, was my point.

Audioboxer

Another Zlatan interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIbqGvprAwY

At this point I think he is betting on Mourinho always winning the league in his second season.

The 35-year-old moved to Old Trafford on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain in 2016 and was the club’s highest paid player on £350,0000-a-week.

However, Ibrahimovic was released in July and signed fresh terms this week that will earn him £125,000-a-week.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/25/zlata...0-a-week-to-rejoin-manchester-united-6877340/

Could go to China/MLS right now and earn more than 350k, takes a cut for that last stab at an EPL winners medal.

CrayToes

Brazil called up Coutinho - don't they know hes hurt his back!!

Nob, refusing to play really pisses me off. Should fine him for any weeks he doesn't train or play regardless of whether he stays or goes
Fucking bellend. Hope he just does his best this year then fucks off in June. All the while we can line up an earth shattering bid for Nathan Redmond.

MikeBison

I can't imagine ever applauding again for a player like Coutinho if he would pull this kind of stunt for my favourite team.

Me personally, will be giving him some side-eye until he cuts in on his right foot and smashes one in the top corner from outside the box, like he is wont to do.

TimmmV

Imagine having the ability of Oxlade-Chamberlain and having the temerity to turn down £180k a week!

Fucking hell. Give that £180k to Sanchez.

IDK, think Ox deserves a bit of credit here. People love slating footballers for being mercenaries all the time, if one does take a paycut to move in search of more playtime/better football they shouldn't get slated for that too

I can't imagine ever applauding again for a player like Coutinho if he would pull this kind of stunt for my favourite team.

Yep, at least Suarez/Gerrard never refused to play. Behaving like this is spitting in the face of supporters

faridmon

Oxlade would be good as versatile cover at lfc, but he wouldn't be a starter. Nor would he be at Chelsea. If he wants first team, the biggest club he can go to is Everton imo.

He wouldn't start at Everton.

Especially when Bolasie comes back

Also, we can't afford 180k a week for a player like Ox who isn't that central to our plan

We could use him as a back-up goalkeeper maybe.

gibbs-red-oxlade.gif

Audioboxer

Need Saturday to hurry up pls

Pogba to get another goal and to still be called shite? Man Utd do need to keep winning so the banter intensifies. MrS banter is the best (genuine props).

The Man Utd losing banter isn't as fun, because then I need to join in too and shit on the club. When they're winning it's more fun

4ScX15q.gif

Chelsea Everton is going to be good. Rooney with some Robin Hood performance hopefully.

Then Liverpool Arsenal. Yes please. Good weekend ahead, much better than last week. My 4-3 Bournemouth City is on the cards too.

sammex

Are Arsenal really going to have a go at the Europa League? Kinda difficult to play Thursdays then Sundays or Mondays with the top players

Mythbusting: Do teams play worse after European games?

Makes no difference Thursday/Sunday. Fixture congestion might hurt them later in the season with injuries though.

Pls no. I'd rather have AOC but reckon he'll go to Chelsea (higher wage and chance at trophies whilst sitting on the bench vs sitting on the bench).

IDK, think Ox deserves a bit of credit here. People love slating footballers for being mercenaries all the time, if one does take a paycut to move in search of more playtime/better football they shouldn't get slated for that too

But will he take a pay cut? Or does he know he'll get better elsewhere?

This is someone who hasn't been good enough to regularly start for Arsenal, I just don't understand how he thinks he's good enough to play more football for a club with more of a chance of winning trophies.

TimmmV

This is someone who hasn't been good enough to regularly start for Arsenal, I just don't understand how he thinks he's good enough to play more football for a club with more of a chance of winning trophies.

He might do/he might not. I know that £180k pw at Liverpool would break their wage structure so they wouldn't - but he might get more on a signing on fee

But regardless, all the reports seem to be that he isn't wanting to move for the money

Edit: sorry about Dembele Dortmundbros was hoping no one would give in to Barca :(

Dadasch

Well, 105 mio is less than the reported 120 mio. It sure doesn't look that good anymore, but I hope the Bonus conditions are actually realistic and doesn't contain something completely ridiculous as "winning CL" (with their current team...good luck with that), "receive Ballon d'Or" and "strike 50 goals in one season".
I trust Watzke though, he is a smart dude and wouldn't allow this.

kromeo

It always surprises me how much fans from other teams seem to rate Chamberlain, it's like the last time they saw him play was that worldie he had against Milan years ago. He has some talent but he's no more consistent now that when he joined from Southampton, and his goals/assists record has been pretty pathetic

Donos

Great talent/player but how he behaved to speed up the transfer was not so Pro like. Pulisic is probably not that sad though.

Doc_Drop

It always surprises me how much fans from other teams seem to rate Chamberlain, it's like the last time they saw him play was that worldie he had against Milan years ago. He has some talent but he's no more consistent now that when he joined from Southampton, and his goals/assists record has been pretty pathetic
At least from my perspective he's a league above practically all of our players and has been in a team who has had a higher standard of coaching etc. I think that would go for 2/3 of the prem in my view. Sadly he likely wants to be playing regular in the top 1/3 which he may not get and will likely go to one of those teams regardless and warm the bench as much as he doesn't.

It's tough to watch players warm the benches for the best teams when taking a step down means they would become invaluable to said lesser team

SkylineRKR

I don't like how those guys are refusing to work after someone talked them up into joining another squad. I'm sure Dembele always got his salary on time, and was treated well by his employer. This is no way to deal with a situation where another club shows interest in you. You signed, you accepted a clause. Luis Suarez did the same shit when he left us for Ajax, it caused a rift as he was our most popular player before that. Its a shame really as they could also leave on good terms (if they're that good, you can't keep them anyway).

Besides, I wonder where Barcelona will be standing this season. Most new signings didn't look like improvements, Iniesta seems unhappy and Messi gets older every year.

kromeo

I don't like how those guys are refusing to work after someone talked them up into joining another squad. I'm sure Dembele always got his salary on time, and was treated well by his employer. This is no way to deal with a situation where another club shows interest in you. You signed, you accepted a clause. Luis Suarez did the same shit when he left us for Ajax, it caused a rift as he was our most popular player before that.

Barcelona are masters at that, makes it all the more amusing seeing them throw a strop over Neymar

Dadasch

sorry about Dembele Dortmundbros was hoping no one would give in to Barca :(
It is what it is. I wouldn't like to cheer him on after him packing and fleeing to France and I'm pretty sure that the majority of the fans think alike.
Good riddance I guess.

Great talent/player but how he behaved to speed up the transfer was not so Pro like. Pulisic is probably not that sad though.
One can only hope...
You never know until it happens.

DBT85

Pogba to get another goal and to still be called shite? Man Utd do need to keep winning so the banter intensifies. MrS banter is the best (genuine props).

Pogba is shit after a cooly taken goal or a worldie assist, Lukaku is unintelligent after getting a brace both with good first touches, Rashford is Bambi 2.0 after rinsing the right back all game, Martial should go to spurs after coming off the bench and scoring and assisting in 73 seconds. Blind is shit at LB and corners. That one is a stone cold fact tho.

Tosyn_88

This Dembele situation is really going to make it hard for teams to hold on to players. What's the point of holding a player if he can suddenly dissappear. Same for Costa as well. It is incredibly worrisome if a club plans to invest in a player without any guarantees that they will dissappear in six months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom