• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadasch

https://twitter.com/Dembouz/status/901106602299858949

Suddenly he tweets again?
giphy.gif

btw...wtf are the Barca fans doing there? It seems like they nicknaming him "Negrito". WTF is wrong with these people?

This is all dumb. Part of me wants one of these 100m+ prospects to flop and become a giant embarrassment for the buying club so this bubble will burst.

Happy with the board on this one. Sporting board fucked us around to try and get more and more money.

No. He has a release clause. Pay it or leave him.

The only thing fucked here is that WH shenaningans made us lose the player for 2 games and the dude will be annoyed for a couple of weeks.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

The only thing fucked here is that WH shenaningans made us lose the player for 2 games and the dude will be annoyed for a couple of weeks.
Sporting are in the wrong. A fee was agreed before they decided they wanted to piss about in the hopes of a bidding war

I hate West Ham but they aren't in the wrong here

This is all dumb. Part of me wants one of these 100m+ prospects to flop and become a giant embarrassment for the buying club so this bubble will burst.

Its not a bubble. The investment in football and the top clubs has been massive and is constantly growing the figures are just in keeping. It also looks likely to keep on growing especially as Asian markets are becoming more interested.

The Neymar thing is completely different and looks like Qatar are intentionally fucking with Barca. They were on the cusp of signing a new Qatar Airways sponsorship deal this year (once the Rakuten deal ends) but then everything went silent once Saudi Arabia and UAE placed sanctions on Qatar (with more SA allied countries in the middle east likely to follow) also announcing that wearing a Barca shirt with a Qatar sponsorship in those countries could land you with a massive fine or jail. Barca has a huge fan base in the middle east. It is also a reason why PSG has chased every single Man City target.

Syder

He also has a value that our board were willing to meet. William Carvalho isn't worth his release clause. Sporting board should've said '40m' or nothing from day one but they didn't; they tried to needle as much money out of us as possible and it backfired.
Is West Ham broke? Doesn't seem like there were that far off and he might make be good for a few wins.
Not at all. We just don't want to get fucked around by other clubs like Sporting have here or Lyon did with Lacazette last summer.

Audioboxer

Paying £135.5m for Dembele is absolutely ludicrous, but it's just Barcelona splashing the Neymar money.

Pogba is shit after a cooly taken goal or a worldie assist, Lukaku is unintelligent after getting a brace both with good first touches, Rashford is Bambi 2.0 after rinsing the right back all game, Martial should go to spurs after coming off the bench and scoring and assisting in 73 seconds. Blind is shit at LB and corners. That one is a stone cold fact tho.

Blind is shit at LB, #FreeLukeShaw

I will give Rashford some shit if he misses another sitter, but hopefully, he's benched this game for Tony

nrmJoKQ.gif

Syder

Completely and utterly false too.

If he isn't at west ham today is because west ham hasn't paid the fee Sporting wanted since day 1.
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you were in the board room.

This isn't how transfers work, there's always negotiations.
Rúben Neves for 15.8m too.

Dat FM 2017 potential ability. If only FM was always spot on with potential. Tielemans has been a FM class buy for ages too.
Neves has actually been really good for Wolves so far.

I forgive you.

And I haven't said there weren't negotiations. I have even said a few pages ago this was the real deal contrary to previous seasons where nothing concrete was put on the table.

Syder

I forgive you.

And I haven't said there weren't negotiations. I have even said a few pages ago this was the real deal contrary to previous seasons where nothing concrete was put on the table.
I mean, you were the one that called it 'shenanigans'.

What's wrong with entering negotiations over a player, even if nothing ever comes of it? Not sure how it's West Ham's fault if Carvalho didn't play because of the transfer interest.

Audioboxer

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you were in the board room.

This isn't how transfers work, there's always negotiations.Neves has actually been really good for Wolves so far.

His potential ability is probably getting nerfed in FM18 though. Or else he'll be instantly unhappy and be wanting to move to a "bigger club" :p

It was one of the rolls of the dice potential ability, a -9 IIRC.

-10 PA: 170-200 PA
-9.5 PA: 160-190 PA
-9 PA: 150-180 PA

Him signing for Wolves was just unexpected, so maybe my FM17 saves where he could be amazing at top EPL were a bit unrealistic lol. To be honest I don't know enough about the guy as an actual footballer.

Then again the Championship is getting more and more money going into it.

I mean, you were the one that called it 'shenanigans'.

What's wrong with entering negotiations over a player, even if nothing ever comes of it? Not sure how it's West Ham's fault if Carvalho didn't play because of the transfer interest.

His body "suddenly" got sore in two different places after the initial bid. A dude that rarely missed a game over injuries.

You were the negotiator then?

Wasn't it widely reported an agreement was met? Then Sporting pissed about

a) Neither were you
b) If it was reported, it was by english media. And it is false.
c) There are private communities online where information about our club surfaces with extreme credibility.
d) In our tv channel, the information that was mentioned in portuguese media was more or less confirmed by some pundits. Offers weren't up to Sporting demands
e) Our coach left no doubts about it. No team offered what Sporting demanded.
f) 25;27+5;32 (million euros). All rejected.

Zasa

Bit odd that Cavani's still taking pens. Say that purely because of Ballon d'Or reasons. Cristiano & Messi will already have a 5-6 goal lead because of that. Plus, Neymar's a good pen taker.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
a) Neither were you
b) If it was reported, it was by english media. And it is false.
c) There are private communities online where information about our club surfaces with extreme credibility.
d) In our tv channel, the information that was mentioned in portuguese media was more or less confirmed by some pundits. Offers weren't up to Sporting demands
e) Our coach left no doubts about it. No team offered what Sporting demanded.
f) 25;27+5;32 (million euros). All rejected.
Hmm, fair enough. I can only go by what I read.

cromofo

Thought I had it in me and took over FC United of Manchester in FM17

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Any lower league teams that have a lot potential? Don't want to spend my lifetime grinding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom