• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't Liverpool get charged for tapping up if they actually try and sign him. I thought the reason the FA didn't investigate is because Liverpool said sorry and formally dropped their interest in the player. If VvD was to sign for Liverpool it would have to be entirely on Southampton's terms and they don't look like they want to sell to them.

Hixx

Will you make him shit like Lovren though?
-----------------

Saints fans saying we should keep Van Dijk and he will play are insane

There's no way back for a player once they've gone public like this. Southampton just have to focus on milking whichever club is willing to pay the most now, shouldn't even be in their thoughts to try and keep him, even just to spite him.

We tried it with Kone and now nobody wants to sign the fucker. Bad times.

T-Rex.

Banned
Wouldn't Liverpool get charged for tapping up if they actually try and sign him. I thought the reason the FA didn't investigate is because Liverpool said sorry and formally dropped their interest in the player. If VvD was to sign for Liverpool it would have to be entirely on Southampton's terms and they don't look like they want to sell to them.
Nah, lack of evidence apparently. I really think he'll end up at Chelsea anyway though so doubt it'll matter in the end.

I don't know if you're joking but I agree with you. And Klopp needs to swallow his pride and give the guy a chance. Its ridiculous the way he's been treated.

Sakho is great, which is why I'm surprised no-one is stumping the 30 mil asking price. He's probably worth that.

And I've argued this before, but it's not really ridiculous. He didn't follow Klopp's schedule in that preseason, and has publicly acted out for being punished, rather than worked hard to make amends. Add in the Europa shenanigans and any backroom stuff we haven't heard of and I trust Klopp's judgement. Gotta be his team right?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
There's no way back for a player once they've gone public like this. Southampton just have to focus on milking whichever club is willing to pay the most now, shouldn't even be in their thoughts to try and keep him, even just to spite him.

We tried it with Kone and now nobody wants to sign the fucker. Bad times.

Why? He's shit

DBT85

Interesting to see Mou talk about Bale. Veerrry interesting. Still a bit injury prone which is a worry.

Wondering if Southampton will accept all offers for vvd except from Pool.

I've been itching to play football manager again with all the happenings going on right now, wish 2018 was out already

Still managed to resist the craving to fire it up. At least i have stopped deleting all the facepacks and kits so I have them if I want them!

Same mate. I always make a local team and start in conference.

Dunno if anyone has watched it yet, but holy fuck the latest Game of Thrones is phenomenal.

I too liked this episode.

Will you make him shit like Lovren though?
-----------------

Saints fans saying we should keep Van Dijk and he will play are insane

Lovern at Southampton played under a different system to what Liverpool play in. So I can see why he is struggling to adapt to the system.

Sakho is great, which is why I'm surprised no-one is stumping the 30 mil asking price. He's probably worth that.

And I've argued this before, but it's not really ridiculous. He didn't follow Klopp's schedule in that preseason, and has publicly acted out for being punished, rather than worked hard to make amends. Add in the Europa shenanigans and any backroom stuff we haven't heard of and I trust Klopp's judgement. Gotta be his team right?

I personally think he has already made amends. He only made one tweet which wasn't much into it. And that tweet was in response Klopp made in the media after telling them that he wasn't fit to play. I wouldn't like someone lying on me and not even giving me game time even for the under 21s. Before that he was relatively quiet and not saying anything about the situation even even when eh was interviewed on international duties.

Lovern at Southampton played under a different system to what Liverpool play in. So I can see why he is struggling to adapt to the system.

I personally think he has already made amends. He only made one tweet which wasn't much into it. And that tweet was in response Klopp made in the media after telling them that he wasn't fit to play. I wouldn't like someone lying on me and not even giving me game time even for the under 21s. Before that he was relatively quiet and not saying anything about the situation even even when eh was interviewed on international duties.

You're forgetting about a Snapchat story he made complaining. And whatever happened before celebrating as he did on Palace's bench has closed the door. We can't know everything that goes on in the training ground and with the team so we can't really know how he was supposed to atone, or even if he was able to.

You're forgetting about a Snapchat story he made complaining. And whatever happened before celebrating as he did on Palace's bench has closed the door. We can't know everything that goes on in the training ground and with the team so we can't really know how he was supposed to atone, or even if he was able to.

I was talking about the snapchat which was the only thing he ever posted. I said tweet which was a mistake on my part. Also I think people looked too much into that celebration. I've seen on loan players celebrating when the team they are on loan with beat their parent company and no big deal is ever made about that.

NHale

Commiserations City fans, but congratulations to Watford, Huddersfield & Brighton on staying up!

DGoGeCdXUAQ12jF.jpg:large

Of course he picked Watford to go down. They have a manager that don't know one single thing about the holy Premier League. If only Watford had signed the great Gary Rowett, they would finish at least 6th.

Lunar FC

I don't even know how to feel about Coutinho possibly leaving. He's always been one of my favorite players and I would miss his old mushroom top hairstyle very much. He is just one of those guys that can just create a goal out of nothing, but was also prone to going invisible all the time. It always kind of felt like he still needed to put the whole package together. I can see a way we come out of this as a better team, using this money to strengthen our weaker areas and provide needed depth. But as it would stands we would go to go into the season with a lot of cash and a lesser squad than the one we entered the summer with.

I don't even know how to feel about Coutinho possibly leaving. He's always been one of my favorite players and I would miss his old mushroom top hairstyle very much. He is just one of those guys that can just create a goal out of nothing, but was also prone to going invisible all the time. It always kind of felt like he still needed to put the whole package together. I can see a way we come out of this as a better team, using this money to strengthen our weaker areas and provide needed depth. But as it would stands we would go to go into the season with a lot of cash and a lesser squad than the one we entered the summer with.

I'd simply be gutted. I'd understand him leaving, but I'd miss his bangers. His assists. His cut insides. Low resolution moments like this:

WellmadeBlankHeifer-max-1mb.gif

NHale

The problem is that you can't find a decent replacement for what he does in the current market. If Perisic costs £50M, I can't imagine what a good player costs. But it seems there are a lot of smoke about this deal to no be true in the end.

And pray that Andre Gomes isn't coming for Liverpool that guy is so slow with the ball that Mane and Firmino would kill him before November.

Lashley

Marcelo: "Mourinho helped us a lot in the past & now Zidane does. The difference between them is the titles."

The problem is that you can't find a decent replacement for what he does in the current market. If Perisic costs £50M, I can't imagine what a good player costs. But it seems there are a lot of smoke about this deal to no be true in the end.

And pray that Andre Gomes isn't coming for Liverpool that guy is so slow with the ball that Mane and Firmino would kill him before November.

Meh ...majority of that smoke is being artificially created by Barcelona to try and turn Coutinho's head. It's the same thing they tried to do with Verratti and look what happened to them.

Marcelo: "Mourinho helped us a lot in the past & now Zidane does. The difference between them is the titles."

pwnt.gif

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lashley

Meh ...majority of that smoke is being artificially created by Barcelona to try and turn Coutinho's head. It's the same thing they tried to do with Verratti and look what happened to them.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Liverpool to buy Messi & Suarez confirmed

CrayToes

Saints won't sell VVD to us and good on em. We've fucked them about so much. I'd be fucking livid if Barca did that with us.

Not even a Mourinho fan, but look at the Real Madrid Mourinho inherited compared to the one interpreted by Zidane. Also, look at the competition - Pep's Barcelona vs the mismanaged Barca of today.

That's us sold Garner and Waghorn to Ipswich. Going to be interesting to see if they get game time together, as they never did with us.

Hope that means we're bringing Naismith back home.

Doc_Drop

Oh yeh I'm new in football threads for the most part, support the Toon so happy to be back in the premier league after slumming it again

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Southampton fans getting riled up on twitter now, I knew it wouldn't be long before 'victimpool' and 'bin dippers' started appearing.

Football fans (of all clubs to be clear) really can be the fucking pits sometimes.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Southampton fans getting riled up on twitter now, I knew it wouldn't be long before 'victimpool' and 'bin dippers' started appearing.

Football fans (of all clubs to be clear) really can be the fucking pits sometimes.

as always it's not about who leaves, it's about the way you leave

this has happened too many times to be a coincidence now.

Beefy

#FreeVanDijk is also a joke. Some fans take it way too serious.

90% of Twitter was a mistake.

The victim tag really rubs me the wrong way.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
as always it's not about who leaves, it's about the way you leave

this has happened too many times to be a coincidence now.

And just like that Hillsborough references are ok? I was gutted when Torres and Suarez left but it didn't inspire me to mock the dead and make fun of the poor

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
And just like that Hillsborough references are ok? I was gutted when Torres and Suarez left but it didn't inspire me to mock the dead and make fun of the poor

of course it's not. wtf. you didn't actually post any quotes I just assumed it's the same crap we always see.

Markitron

of course it's not. wtf. you didn't actually post any quotes I just assumed it's the same crap we always see.

I think we crossed wires here then. Don't mind me, I thought you were defending that nonsense just because VVD is being a bit of a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom