• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all agree there are a huge amount of football fans of all colours which are twats, either online or in person. There's no point in us getting riled at eachother for what they're pulling, or taking it personal when fans of the clubs we support are being knobs. We can just make fun of them and focus on the actual game, y'know?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That VVD statement is pretty fucked up. Blaming everything on the club. Lacks any bits of professionalism and responsibility. I don't know why would any club but Liverpool want this kind of player joining them. Sound like bad news waiting to happen.

Syder

That VVD statement is pretty fucked up. Blaming everything on the club. Lacks any bits of professionalism and responsibility. I don't know why would any club but Liverpool want this kind of player joining them. Sound like bad news waiting to happen.
Yeah, I thought he was a pretty nice guy before this transfer drama.

Tubie

Marcelo: "Mourinho helped us a lot in the past & now Zidane does. The difference between them is the titles."

mourinho-peeks.png

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
wtf is a bin dipper?

getting players others have binned off I guess? not sure it makes sense here since the club very much wanted him.

I think we crossed wires here then. Don't mind me, I thought you were defending that nonsense just because VVD is being a bit of a dick.

nah I thought you meant victim because they got caught tapping up. I didn't know it ran that deep on whatever you were reading. There's always some fans that take it too far.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
getting players others have binned off I guess? not sure it makes sense here.

It's a slur that insinuates that scousers are poor and have to dig around in bins. It's mild compared to some of the other ones but still pretty childish.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You've never heard them called bin dippers? Lol

nah

It's a slur that insinuates that scousers are poor and have to dig around in bins. It's mild compared to some of the other ones but still pretty childish.

lmfao

reminds me of this

Park, Park
where ever you may be
you eat dogs in your country
but to be fare to you
your not scouse
they eat rats in their council house.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
nah

lmfao

reminds me of this

Park, Park
where ever you may be
you eat dogs in your country
but to be fare to you
your not scouse
they eat rats in their council house.

Yep, football fans are the worst. I don't know what it is about the sport that turns grown men into animals. I always find it hilarious when you see middle aged men making the wanker gesture to 20 year old players. Even more funny when there is a kid sat right next to them.

That's us sold Garner and Waghorn to Ipswich. Going to be interesting to see if they get game time together, as they never did with us.

Hope that means we're bringing Naismith back home.

What's Waghorn like? From the reaction of Rangers fans I've seen on Twitter it seems they're delighted to have got £1m+ for him, which is never a good sign.

They were equally jubilant about the Garner sale too, but he's looked decent since his arrival.

Be interesting to see what Mick does now.

Lashley

Yep, football fans are the worst. I don't know what it is about the sport that turns grown men into animals. I always find it hilarious when you see middle aged men making the wanker gesture to 20 year old players. Even more funny when there is a kid sat right next to them.

yeah its bare cringe

must be something wired in our dna, probably did the same in the Colosseum's

"STAND UP IF YOU HATE CAESAR!"

tomtom94

What's Waghorn like? From the reaction of Rangers fans I've seen on Twitter it seems they're delighted to have got £1m+ for him, which is never a good sign.

They were equally jubilant about the Garner sale too, but he's looked decent since his arrival.

Be interesting to see what Mick does now.

His goalscoring record is not good. Best season haul is 12 goals in 43 appearances (Championship). But I don't know if he offers more than goals.

NHale

If they get Aurier and VvD I think they'll have the best defensive record in the league.

Aurier is going to be a great experience until he goes public when Conte decides to not play him. Then I'm sure he will accept like he did with Laurent Blanc and Antonio Conte will just happily take all criticism with an open heart.

Aurier with Mourinho or Conte as managers is just a recipe for disaster.

Zasa

El Mercurio has always been on point & the first to break the news on Chilean transfers

"Both Neymar and Dani Alves phone called Alexis Sanchez yesterday, whose representative Felicevich is right now in "intensive" talks with Antero Henrique. PSG is preparing an offer of around €55m to Arsenal and a contract of 4 years to Alexis with a salary of €13,5m per year."

http://diario.elmercurio.com/2017/0...htm?id={7F6988DD-3154-4227-B0C3-899E4D137199}

Lashley

"Both Neymar and Dani Alves phone called Alexis Sanchez yesterday, whose representative Felicevich is right now in "intensive" talks with Antero Henrique. PSG is preparing an offer of around €55m to Arsenal and a contract of 4 years to Alexis with a salary of €13,5m per year."

http://diario.elmercurio.com/2017/0...htm?id={7F6988DD-3154-4227-B0C3-899E4D137199}

inbetweeners-fuck-off.jpg

CrayToes

El Mercurio has always been on point & the first to break the news on Chilean transfers

My thoughts are with Lashley.

WTF £50 million for a player who has got less than 12 months on his contract? Wow football has really lost its soul, I can't wait till this shit crash and burn and goes back to normal.

Markitron

All this talk of the Premier League being the best is hilarious when it can't hang on to it's biggest stars.

All this talk of the Premier League being the best is hilarious when it can't hang on to it's biggest stars.
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the prem has the biggest stars or even the best clubs but it's certainly the most competitive out of the top leagues in Europe. I find it to be he most enjoyable to watch due to the style and pace as well as it being so unpredictable. Also, Neymar just fucked off to Paris.

Loris146

Cavani fucked again?

tomtom94

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the prem has the biggest stars or even the best clubs but it's certainly the most competitive out of the top leagues in Europe. I find it to be he most enjoyable to watch due to the style and pace as well as it being so unpredictable. Also, Neymar just fucked off to Paris.

You must have never watched Sky. I think they claim it about four times an hour.

Audioboxer

WTF £50 million for a player who has got less than 12 months on his contract? Wow football has really lost its soul, I can't wait till this shit crash and burn and goes back to normal.

Throwing them a bone as taking Sanchez for £50m would be a bargain given that's the cost of John fucking Stones.

Imagine thinking the PL isn't the best league.

Technically, it isn't (as in technical skills/displays), but it's far more entertaining than other leagues where the winners are 1 of 2 clubs every single year. Any league with Arsenal in it is the best league in the world anyway.

Kuros

Isn't victims used against the Scouse because of Heysel, rather than Hillsborough?

Not really.

Always the victim it's never your fault is about Hillsborough and Heysel. It's a fucking dreadful chant just as the Munich ones are that come from our supporters.

Yup take us back to when hooligans ruled the terraces and you could get your head smashed in for wearing a footy shirt in the streets, the clubs were still whining about having to pay the players more than £20 per week whilst they had just become comfortable paying over a million for player contracts at the end of the 70's, and everyone was like "you fucking what 1.5/3.2 million for Bryan Robson/Ian Rush!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom