• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been itching to play football manager again with all the happenings going on right now, wish 2018 was out already

Yeah, I want to start a new save but I know 18 will be out in a couple months. I put 400 hours into my last save, no point in starting a new one now.

Is there CCTV footage of what happened on their Blackpool date lmao? I can't get my head around anyone being so stubborn to join us.

Discussed the virtues of the Gengenpress. All. Night. Long.

Reckon this will change Southampton's stance on not selling to Liverpool?

As long as we bid more than the other clubs don't see why not. A few mil extra comes in handy. But if they wanna be stubborn we can't really stop them, unless Virg responds in kind for us.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah, I want to start a new save but I know 18 will be out in a couple months. I put 400 hours into my last save, no point in starting a new one now.

Do it.

Never too late to start a new save. Wonder when we'll get news on FM 18?

Hope they add new improvements to the best version (FM Touch), soooo much better than classic imo, which is way too bloated now

T-Rex.

Banned
Discussed the virtues of the Gengenpress. All. Night. Long.

As long as we bid more than the other clubs don't see why not. A few mil extra comes in handy. But if they wanna be stubborn we can't really stop them, unless Virg responds in kind for us.
Hopefully. In any case, I don't see any way he stays at the club after the statement he's just released:

Edit: removed cos no point having two posts with the same quotes

Beefy

DGo6Bu2XoAAR3qa

And

@BSmith
Impossible to see Virgil van Dijk playing for Southampton again. But nor do they want to sell him to #LFC

--------------

Blaming the club for everything haha. If it was that "bad" then why not hand in a transfer request weeks ago....

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
if anyone ever asks what "tapping up" is I'm just going to point them to that statement. Textbook example of teams destabilizing players to force a move.

It's a good job he was out injured really because he would've been absolute shite playing with that going on

T-Rex.

Banned
If I was Southampton, I'd hate the bones of Liverpool
why

he's joining chelsea

Edit: Barcelona are prepared to pay £120 million to make Philippe Coutinho the second most expensive player on the planet. (Paul Joyce)

I'd rather have had no news.

why

he's joining chelsea

Edit: Barcelona are prepared to pay £120 million to make Philippe Coutinho the second most expensive player on the planet. (Paul Joyce)

I'd rather have had no news

I think he's still holding out for us. I mean Adam Leitch from Daily Echo only mentions LFC in the transfer request article etc. But he'll probably go to Chelsea, if it's impossible to come to us.

And

--------------

Blaming the club for everything haha. If it was that "bad" then why not hand in a transfer request weeks ago....

Literally whole thing is solved by him not signing that contract so recently. Or pushing for a release clause in it. But mans wanted those wages.

At the very least this should all be over soon.

Beefy

I think he's still holding out for us. I mean Adam Leitch from Daily Echo only mentions LFC in the transfer request article etc. But he'll probably go to Chelsea, if it's impossible to come to us.

Look at the last line, it would look like he is open to more then one team now.

Literally whole thing is solved by him not signing that contract so recently. Or pushing for a release clause in it. But mans wanted those wages.

At the very least this should all be over soon.

Yep, then moans when the team wants to keep him. Least we don't have to pay him a loyalty bonus now. 😂

I'd rather have had no news.

Jeez, I love Couts but he's not worth that much, in a regular market I mean. Now everything is fucked, you'd be wary of finding an equivalent crop of players for that money.

Since we bought him for £8 mil it's around 1500% return on investment. Man alive.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Oh yeah TomKennedy___, seems legit then.

eh

wtf it wasn't him I linked to, wait there

EDIT: Ah nevermind, the prat changed his name and pic, he's a troll

Sorry lads, thought it was a sky sports rep, could've swore I saw a blue tick but I'm just blind

TrueBlue

Honestly, VVD has had one great half-season. Christensen has had a couple of good seasons and has CL experience. We should focus on him.

Hell, surely it's the wing backs we should be looking to strengthen and provide depth to.

Not that I'd complain, mind.

EDIT: Heh.

eh

Sorry lads, thought it was a sky sports rep, could've swore I saw a blue tick but I'm just blind

Yeah there's some people who changes their name to Jim White and stuff like that to get some attention.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40854616

"If he plays, it is the clearest signal that he is staying there," said the former Real manager.

Mourinho said Bale featuring in Skopje would mean "he is in the plans of the coach and the club, and it is in his own plans and ambitions to stay there".

"Then I won't even think about it. If he is not in the club's plans and it is true that a player like Bale is at the departure gate, I will try to be there waiting for him at the other side."

Bale to Utd, every damn year. Just stop.

eh

C'mon Lashley, I get you that wonderful tag and you repay me with false info? Poor show.

They're definitely making a bid in the next week or so.

I can not see the Saints board accepting anything from Liverpool.

Not even if a Sakho or something was gonna be included in the deal?

I don't think he will though. Regardless VVD will probably be the most expensive defender when all is said and done.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Sakho > VVD

there's a lot of defenders better than vvd (some even at Saints) but the papers think he's hot shit because they saw him on motd once and Klopp bought him a stick of rock at the seaside so he must be the best and worth a bajillion dollars.

T-Rex.

Banned
Virgil van Dijk since joining the Premier League:

338 aerial duels attempted
253 aerial duels won
74.8% success rate

Can't imagine why Liverpool would be so desperate to sign him.

RefigeKru

Banned
I don't watch Liverpool much, but aside from a few comedy errors Sakho always looked great to me.

I'm an Arsenal fan so the occasional bit of comedic defending is alright with me.

I love Sakho. But it's clear there's no way back for him, which is a shame. I would rather have him and bin off Klavan to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom