• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Hungary - Portugal:

The hungarians decided that this was actually a MMA fight and are already one man down after said man elbowed Pepe in the eyebrow (who needed stiches) and got a straight red, and another one already elbowed Cedric Soares in the face (who also needed assistance) though no card was shown this time (the refs didn't catch it I guess).

Not to mention the many tackles of course. Why they'd go down this route I don't know.

Deschamps has to sub Giroud out, he looked really out of place on the pitch.

Yup, not at same level. At best he can be a 80+ minute sub when match is already won. That guy has no business to play in this team. Really subpar striker. Lacazatte is better. Even Mbappe and Greizmann can take his place as forwards.

TeegsD

Hungary - Portugal:

The hungarians decided that this was actually a MMA fight and are already one man down after said man elbowed Pepe in the eyebrow (who needed stiches) and got a straight red, and another one already elbowed Cedric Soares in the face (who also needed assistance) though no card was shown this time (the refs didn't catch it I guess).

Not to mention the many tackles of course. Why they'd go down this route I don't know.

We are frustrating them really well, but I see this continuing to get ugly. I hope the break helps the guys come up with some new ideas because we peetered out at the end there.

RocknRola

Oh look at that, Andre Silva not being bloody useless for once lol

The 1 extra man clearly paid a role here, he was left alone to tap it in (with his head) basically. Doubt he'd get that space with a full squad.

So France don't have Martial, Mendy, Bakayoko, Payet, Dembele in their squad. Holy shit they can actually form 2 world class playing XIs with the players they have.

RocknRola

So France don't have Martial, Mendy, Bakayoko, Payet, Dembele in their squad. Holy shit they can actually form 2 world class playing XIs with the players they have.

Again, they just need a decent coach. Literally. They have fantastic players for almost every single position. They are stacked as hell.

untitled-1reach.gif

467302_1.jpg

FuturusX

Lol. Deschamps is tactical nothingness, I'm so tired of him. His substitutions are pure non sense too.
Giroud/Kurzawa are dead weight.

Is this about anything serious or just not calling up Benzema ?

Benz plus other stuff...but mostly kidding. He’s terrible either way.

An accidental 1-2 victory over Greece. Belgium has qualified for the World Cup.

Truly awful game. We'll get knocked out by the first decent team we encounter in Russia.

RocknRola

And Portugal managed to win 1-0 against Hungary. Though game, even if we stayed on top of Hungary for 99% of the match. We should have scored at least 1 or 2 more goals given the amount of chances we got, but a win is a win.

Looking at the group, it has the possibilty of ending as the group where the top 2 teams make the most amount of points possible.

azyless

How pathetic. Deschamps is going to ruin the best batch of players we've had in decades because of his tactical ineptitude.
Everything went even worse after his substitutions. Subbing out Mbappé ? He was the only one procuring himself chances ffs.

Labadal

I told my brother that France weren't in the lead versus Luxembourg. I also told him, because I said that, they would score five in quick succession. I jinxed them without knowing.

azyless

Kurzawa : 17 crosses, 0% cross accuracy. And we did this the whole fucking game because that's the extent of Deschamps' tactics. Complete madness.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How is a 3v3 mode anywhere close to Clubs mode? I want a clubs mode, where we can be a full team, and then I would consider buying it. But probably not, cause Adam Bhatti is a piece of lying shit.

Who realistically plays with 10 other people though? In clubs you're usually against 3 or 4 other people. Most I've ever played against was 6 on the other side.

And aye, Bhatti is a total wanker. Has me blocked on Twitter.

GHG

An 80% win-rate in all competitions with Cazorla in the team. 45% without.

Says it all.

Any normal manager/team would have replaced him by now. Just think about that for a minute.

Deschamps has to sub Giroud out, he looked really out of place on the pitch.

I don't know how he does it but he seems to have this ability to put a spell on his managers. Wenger had the same hard on for him for the longest time but nobody could make sense of it.

Kyoufu

Who realistically plays with 10 other people though? In clubs you're usually against 3 or 4 other people. Most I've ever played against was 6 on the other side.

And aye, Bhatti is a total wanker. Has me blocked on Twitter.

Our FIFA club usually has 4-7 players on at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom