• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day as long as England get through. I have my England shirt and mug ready for tonight. I don't know about you but I'm fed up being someone in Scotland who just wants to support Great Britain and struggles around patriotic Scots banging on and bantering. I'm an expert in supporting the UK whilst living in Scotland. I love my country (UK) and my Queen, and England over all the years have brought my passion out through football with all the fantastic displays. I will be belting the English national anthem from my lungs tonight in my living room whilst sipping on my cup of tea from my mentioned England mug. I hate having friends who prioritize Scotland over the UK, it's disgusting. That 45 % who voted to break up this glorious Union should be disgraced and ashamed. All the years of history. Shameful. Thankfully England stopped the Scots messing up Brexit as well, the UK took back control. I really should have been born in England, I don't know how anyone can stick supporting Scotland or Scottish football. It's terrible. I know The Three Lions will give Scotland a pity favour tonight, but Scotland as it always does will shoot itself in the foot.
giphy.webp

Audioboxer

Scotland is the master of ruining Scotland. At least when it comes to football. I've never had to support a more pants team. Even Arsenal fans will be laughing at Scotland/Scottish football.

Scotland underachieve because we're shite. England actually has talent and good players, but underachieve anyway.

Beefy

Scotland is the master of ruining Scotland. At least when it comes to football. I've never had to support a more pants team. Even Arsenal fans will be laughing at Scotland/Scottish football.

Scotland underachieve because we're shite. England actually has talent and good players, but underachieve anyway.

Jamaica? Feel for me. Our best player ever is probably Euell 😂

DBT85

United just included Zla10 in their CL squad for the groups.

Either they had room to spare or they felt he might be back, as mou said before that he wouldn't play the groups.

Jack cw

I completely disagree. Hes been doing it at the international and national stage for quite some time.

He also has more playing time in La Liga under Ancelottis two seasons, 2001 minutes and 2341 minutes, then he ever has had with Zidane(1638 minutes and 1826 minutes). His most minutes in Champions league was also under Ancelotti 868 minutes

Hes doing the same thing hes done every year since his final season with Malaga, its just people are actually paying attention now.

The thing with statistics is that you can make even Thomas Müller look good.
The quality of his actions are what is important. James had better scorers than him with less play time. Important actions like vertical passes, created chances, won tackles, interceptions, goals are what a CAM of class should be good at and there were simply better squadmates in the last couple of years. Last season was his best regarding goals, assists and chances created (not only against weaker sides and the 3rd or 4th goal). He was an essential part of the team winning the titles. The years before were good, but not good enough to split BBC. I wonder how Zidane handles Bale should he become 100% fit.

At the end of the day as long as England get through. I have my England shirt and mug ready for tonight. I don't know about you but I'm fed up being someone in Scotland who just wants to support Great Britain and struggles around patriotic Scots banging on and bantering. I'm an expert in supporting the UK whilst living in Scotland. I love my country (UK) and my Queen, and England over all the years have brought my passion out through football with all the fantastic displays. I will be belting the English national anthem from my lungs tonight in my living room whilst sipping on my cup of tea from my mentioned England mug. I hate having friends who prioritize Scotland over the UK, it's disgusting. That 45 % who voted to break up this glorious Union should be disgraced and ashamed. All the years of history. Shameful. Thankfully England stopped the Scots messing up Brexit as well, the UK took back control. I really should have been born in England, I don't know how anyone can stick supporting Scotland or Scottish football. It's terrible. I know The Three Lions will give Scotland a pity favour tonight, but Scotland as it always does will shoot itself in the foot.

How can you, in good conscience, support a team that has Walker, Alli and Sterling in it.

how

MikeBison

/satire?

My girlfriend is Scottish and I'm there like every 5 weeks for the last 6 years (I live South England) and I'll most likely move there soon. But most of my Scottish friends through her (or gaming) know full well how shit Scottish football is and have an English team. It's all light hearted banter when it comes to the national teams though.

Seems to be the older generation that have the big problem with the English. My gf has a great nan who straight up despises me for being English. Rest of her family are awesome though, despite some banter about Scotland just being a better country.

Audioboxer

Jamaica? Feel for me. Our best player ever is probably Euell ��

Aye, but Jamaica is awesome!

How can you, in good conscience, support a team that has Walker, Alli and Sterling in it.

how

It's a struggle, I admit.

/satire?

My girlfriend is Scottish and I'm there like every 5 weeks for the last 6 years (I live South England) and I'll most likely move there soon. But most of my Scottish friends through her (or gaming) know full well how shit Scottish football is and have an English team. It's all light hearted banter when it comes to the national teams though.

Seems to be the older generation that have the big problem with the English. My gf has a great nan who straight up despises me for being English. Rest of her family are awesome though, despite some banter about Scotland just being a better country.

Of course it is, I might have my own views on politics for Scotland but I love the English people (Welsh/Irish too!). Most of them anyway :p Just some banter. I do genuinely like to see England do well as well. Why not? As I said it's just frustrating at how badly they underperform with pressure. That gets the occasional laugh from me from a friendly rival perspective, but any Scotsman laughing about football best run for the bushes after attempting a joke. The Scottish national side has been soo bad in recent years. It would be nice just to qualify for something...

Only if UEFA move the goal posts.

UEFA just need some money slipped their way through some offshore accounts and all is well.

tim.mbp

The thing with statistics is that you can make even Thomas Müller look good.
The quality of his actions are what is important. James had better scorers than him with less play time. Important actions like vertical passes, created chances, won tackles, interceptions, goals are what a CAM of class should be good at and there were simply better squadmates in the last couple of years. Last season was his best regarding goals, assists and chances created (not only against weaker sides and the 3rd or 4th goal). He was an essential part of the team winning the titles. The years before were good, but not good enough to split BBC. I wonder how Zidane handles Bale should he become 100% fit.

That was also the year Modrić missed like 3 months due to injury. Isco wasn't great covering for Modrić.

casiopao

Can should stay at Liverpool.
He does well right now, but I doubt he will continue to play like this, as I'm not really convinced of his skills. He was always someone in my eyes, who makes too many mistakes by being too slow. He lacks anticipation in precarious situations, which leads to counter attacks.
Maintaining his possession is not his strongest suit.

Well, it is not like he cant improve in Juventus there.

Especially with how the current Juventus midfield player is aging. He will need to put himself to play with Pjanic, Matuidi and Bentacur in the futurem

MikeBison

Does everyone remember when we all thought Sterling had scored the most screaming of screamers in the world cup against Italy?

Good times. good times.

I spilt 3 pints over myself only to realise that it was the best not-goal of all time.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm not sure the family of his victim feels the same way

I was about to say that as long as someone's done their time, there should be no reason why they can't work afterwards, but having looked at the case....wow

Footballers will really get away with anything in Spain, huh? They literally reduced his sentence to under 2 years (which doesn't require jail time in Spain), no doubt after realising that they could miss out on some tax money from him. Scum.

I'm not sure the family of his victim feels the same way

I doubt they're on good terms, yeah. And drunk driving is inexcusable, regardless of the casualties. It's criminal Alonso (and to a lesser extent Firmino and Rooney) got off without a jail sentence.

But I find it hard to hate Alonso for being stupid and irresponsible at 20 years of age when there was no ill intent involved, only plain stupidity. And the girl was the only one who didn't have her seatbelt on. It's fucking tragic.

What's Sterling done, other than having 10 kids by the time he was 16?

Annoy me. It's a personal dislike for no clear reason.

I'm going to the England match tonight, first international I've been too. After watching them against Malta I know I'm in for a treat, right?

Jerry

I was about to say that as long as someone's done their time, there should be no reason why they can't work afterwards, but having looked at the case....wow

Footballers will really get away with anything in Spain, huh? They literally reduced his sentence to under 2 years (which doesn't require jail time in Spain), no doubt after realising that they could miss out on some tax money from him. Scum.

Yup, It's disgraceful.

Who killed someone whilst drunk driving?

Marcus Alonso

I doubt they're on good terms, yeah. And drunk driving is inexcusable, regardless of the casualties. It's criminal Alonso (and to a lesser extent Firmino and Rooney) got off without a jail sentence.

But I find it hard to hate Alonso for being stupid and irresponsible at 20 years of age when there was no ill intent involved, only plain stupidity. And the girl was the only one who didn't have her seatbelt on. It's fucking tragic.

Nobody intends to cause a collision, but getting behind the wheel while drunk is criminal intent.

I just find it hilarious that you are lambasting others for supporting a team with players that haven't done anything (including calling for Aurier to go to jail for some comments on social media) then defending a murderer.

casiopao

:lol

It honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Nah just joking lol.

Not only the salary probably would not suit Juventus salary structure, having soo many offensive midfield player is going to backfire badly.

Pjanic and Dybala is already damn good. Adding Ozil is going to be bad as it mean there will be 3 offensive player holding mid while no one can win ball at all.

Ozil deserves better

I heard Barca wanted him right?

I'm going to the England match tonight, first international I've been too. After watching them against Malta I know I'm in for a treat, right?

Cheer for Ox will you, lad needs to be high on confidence/delusion before he gets in a in a Liverpool shirt and ripped apart by the internet commenters.

Who realistically plays with 10 other people though? In clubs you're usually against 3 or 4 other people. Most I've ever played against was 6 on the other side.

We always played with at least 5, and quite often with a close to full team. So there's that. We also play against lots of other teams that has close to full teams, and this is fifa on PC, where there is way less people playing. Keep in mind, you get matched up against clubs where they have around the same amount of players...

Also random 3v3, is not the same as Clubs anyway. I want to play with our own players, own club, and climb up the leagues and cups with it.

Look at our stats here, and see how active we used to be http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897860

Games Played
Hixx - 1332
Nukemonkey -1303
Woodenlung - 1189
Invid - 1103
Bacon – 1031
Kyoufu – 745
Broken - 590
Wes – 554
PrematureQuiche - 569
Qindarka - 489
Manager - 98

Goals Scored
Hixx – 628
Invid – 411
Nukemonkey – 362
PrematureQuiche - 300
Woodenlung – 299
Kyoufu – 273
Bacon – 145
Wes – 84
Broken – 72
Qindarka – 19
Manager - 15

Assists
Nukemonkey – 536
Hixx – 326
Invid – 303
Woodenlung – 178
Broken – 132
Kyoufu – 135
Bacon – 105
Wes – 90
PrematureQuiche - 119
Qindarka – 23
Manager - 9

and we had other players on top of this, that only dropped in every once in a while as well.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
We always played with at least 5, and quite often with a close to full team. So there's that. We also play against lots of other teams that has close to full teams, and this is fifa on PC, where there is way less people playing. Keep in mind, you get matched up against clubs where they have around the same amount of players...

Also random 3v3, is not the same as Clubs anyway. I want to play with our own players, own club, and climb up the leagues and cups with it.

Look at our stats here, and see how active we used to be http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897860

and we had other players on top of this, that only dropped in every once in a while as well.

I dropped in on '15 I think, still played 16 and 17 so not sure why I didn't stick about. Those times when there were actually 10 players a side were pretty damned fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom