• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadasch

The way Verratti stops and just looks at Isco after the tunnel (do you call it that in english?)...lol
He was absolutely dumbfounded.

Edit: It's called nutmeg of course.

He was sensational. Now watch as all the usual suspects get linked with him come January, no doubt United will be eyeing him if they can't get Bale.

Why the fark would Isco go to United though

Not saying he would, just saying a performance like that and everyone knee-jerks all at once. There wasn't even a mention of anyone looking at him in the transfer window, unless I missed it? On that performance alone you'll get the more cocky of fans and clubs eyeing him as their dream target.

Audioboxer

2ZyOTJL.png

j0HEDU3.gif

raxl4Ug.jpg

slider

He was sensational. Now watch as all the usual suspects get linked with him come January, no doubt United will be eyeing him if they can't get Bale.

He has been linked, at least in the papers, to all sorts of PL clubs the past few transfer windows. Can't remember when exactly but even Spurs were mentioned.

azyless

It'd be interesting to see how much they were giving Oxlade if they didn't get back into Champion's League. Maybe he didn't take a huge salary hit after all.
And I don't know how there can be "no money" when they've made a 16 million benefit on transfers alone this season. They're either lying or even more badly managed than I thought.

Also the idea of Arsenal being in competition for the title is hilarious. How delusional can you be.

The fact Arsenal point to Leicester as the bench mark of their strategy for winning the title, whilst continuously letting Wenger generate such a depressing atmosphere for club and dressing room, is laughable. There was more to Leicester winning the league than 'not' spending, and any strategy copying their run is abysmally pathetic considering it banks so heavily on 4-5 better clubs all collectively hitting a lull.

Cappa

Banned
Not saying he would, just saying a performance like that and everyone knee-jerks all at once. There wasn't even a mention of anyone looking at him in the transfer window, unless I missed it? On that performance alone you'll get the more cocky of fans and clubs eyeing him as their dream target.

No one talks about Isco because he´s Spanish. If he was Brazilian, English, Argentinean hed be talks of being in the top 5. one things for certian, he is the best player right now at his position.

Jack cw

No one talks about Isco because he´s Spanish. If he was Brazilian, English, Argentinean hed be talks of being in the top 5. one things for certian, he is the best player right now at his position.

Nobody talks about Isco because he failed to deliver for two years at Real and international. The last 4 months was when he shined and he delivered, but he needs to show that performance for a longer period and with competition. He got the chance because Bale was out injured and Zidane preferred him over James.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Isco lacks consistency. One game he comes in from the bench and he's amazing and even scores, the next game he starts and he's almost invisible. He seems to have started better in that aspect this season, but let's see if he'll hold it.

casiopao

Juventus is pushing harder for Can for January. It will be interesting if this time we will get our target and not another Witsel case lol.

Juventus is pushing harder for Can for January. It will be interesting if this time we will get our target and not another Witsel case lol.

Sad if I see the lad go, but setting up a deal now feels better than letting him go on a free next summer. Plus, if there's anywhere where there is a bit of surplus with us, it's up front.

casiopao

Sad if I see the lad go, but setting up a deal now feels better than letting him go on a free next summer. Plus, if there's anywhere where there is a bit of surplus with us, it's up front.

If Can sign a new contract with pool, u can guarantee that juventus will immediately bail out of the deal lol. As pool is going to put the price so crazy there.

I do hope that Khedira moving next year will open up spot for Can.^_^

Floody

I'd still rather just keep him for the rest of the season honestly. Juve won't offer much and games will be piling up at that point. Having Can for rotation would be really good.

casiopao

I'd still rather just keep him for the rest of the season honestly. Juve won't offer much and games will be piling up at that point. Having Can for rotation would be really good.

I hope this is the scenario then.^_^ Pool will enjoy his service through out the season while Juventus will get him next season for free.

Floody

I hope this is the scenario then.^_^ Pool will enjoy his service through out the season while Juventus will get him next season for free.

Yep, plus we'll have Keïta to replace him at that point.
Will be sad losing Can though, think he'll be incredible when he starts hitting his peak in a few years.

Audioboxer

Add to that that they wanted to spend an additional 60 million on Sanchez....

Madness. Get Sanchez free in January everyone.

By the way, England, get your shit together tonight. Scotland will definitely be voting for independence if you draw with or let Slovakia beat you. Do your neighbours a favour, crush the independence saboteurs by beating Slovakia 5-0. Southgate should be on the phone to Wenger in the next few hours for some tactical advice.

If Can sign a new contract with pool, u can guarantee that juventus will immediately bail out of the deal lol. As pool is going to put the price so crazy there.

I do hope that Khedira moving next year will open up spot for Can.^_^

He won't sign the contract. We've probably already offered him as much as we can in terms of wages, and as for the rest, I can see why he might want to make the switch to Juve, if he wants to become the main man there.

Would love to be wrong but I feel if we could nail him down it would've been done already.

Madness. Get Sanchez free in January everyone.

By the way, England, get your shit together tonight. Scotland will definitely be voting for independence if you draw with or let Slovakia beat you. Do your neighbours a favour, crush the independence saboteurs by beating Slovakia 5-0. Southgate should be on the phone to Wenger in the next few hours for some tactical advice.

Hold on now, we also have to beat Malta as well. We're confident at the moment, but that just means it's prime time for Operation: Glorious Failure to kick in.

casiopao

He won't sign the contract. We've probably already offered him as much as we can in terms of wages, and as for the rest, I can see why he might want to make the switch to Juve, if he wants to become the main man there.

Would love to be wrong but I feel if we could nail him down it would've been done already.

Actually, i cant see us at Juventus giving him much higher wages than what u guys probably offer. I just think that Juventus probably promised him a better play time as Khedira is moving to US next year.

Also, next year is going to be huge year for Juventus as i believe Licht, Barzagli, Khedira, Asamoah and Buffon probably is going to leave/retire.

It will open a new kind of Juventus for Can to experience.

Dadasch

Can should stay at Liverpool.
He does well right now, but I doubt he will continue to play like this, as I'm not really convinced of his skills. He was always someone in my eyes, who makes too many mistakes by being too slow. He lacks anticipation in precarious situations, which leads to counter attacks.
Maintaining his possession is not his strongest suit.

Jack Lusby‏@jacklusby_ 43s

Nathaniel Clyne has been left out of Liverpool's squad for the Champions League group stage. #LFC

Wtf is up with Clyne btw? A serious injury they're not telling us about?

Cappa

Banned
Nobody talks about Isco because he failed to deliver for two years at Real and international. The last 4 months was when he shined and he delivered, but he needs to show that performance for a longer period and with competition. He got the chance because Bale was out injured and Zidane preferred him over James.

I completely disagree. Hes been doing it at the international and national stage for quite some time.

He also has more playing time in La Liga under Ancelottis two seasons, 2001 minutes and 2341 minutes, then he ever has had with Zidane(1638 minutes and 1826 minutes). His most minutes in Champions league was also under Ancelotti 868 minutes

Hes doing the same thing hes done every year since his final season with Malaga, its just people are actually paying attention now.

Floody

Jack Lusby‏@jacklusby_ 43s

Nathaniel Clyne has been left out of Liverpool's squad for the Champions League group stage. #LFC

Wtf is up with Clyne btw? A serious injury they're not telling us about?

Has to be, he's by far our best RB and I don't think Klopp would completely rely on a 18 year old if he didn't need to. Another Hendo situation, where the "not major injury" put him out for most of the season would be just our luck.

Lallana is included too, which points to it being a pretty major injury.

La Liga asking Fifa to investigate both PSG and City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41146009

Boo-fucking-hoo. I guess they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Losing Neymar and then potentially Messi next year must have spooked them big time. They didn't seem to have any problems when it was Real Madrid getting state finances creating an unfair advantage. Or allowing RM and Barca to amass massive amounts of debt so they could maintain their dominance and bully other clubs into giving up their players.

What do Liverpool fans think of Timo Werner? I think Liverpool could use a striker like him and plus it would be a bit easy to settle in since Keita is coming here also.

And opinion of him from BundesligaGAF?

MikeBison

What do Liverpool fans think of Timo Werner? I think Liverpool could use a striker like him and plus it would be a bit easy to settle in since Keita is coming here also.

And opinion of him from BundesligaGAF?

Think he was the first one linked with a move away from Leipzig at the start of the summer and they very quickly told him he'd be going nowhere.

Audioboxer

Hold on now, we also have to beat Malta as well. We're confident at the moment, but that just means it's prime time for Operation: Glorious Failure to kick in.

At the end of the day as long as England get through. I have my England shirt and mug ready for tonight. I don't know about you but I'm fed up being someone in Scotland who just wants to support Great Britain and struggles around patriotic Scots banging on and bantering. I'm an expert in supporting the UK whilst living in Scotland. I love my country (UK) and my Queen, and England over all the years have brought my passion out through football with all the fantastic displays. I will be belting the English national anthem from my lungs tonight in my living room whilst sipping on my cup of tea from my mentioned England mug. I hate having friends who prioritize Scotland over the UK, it's disgusting. That 45 % who voted to break up this glorious Union should be disgraced and ashamed. All the years of history. Shameful. Thankfully England stopped the Scots messing up Brexit as well, the UK took back control. I really should have been born in England, I don't know how anyone can stick supporting Scotland or Scottish football. It's terrible. I know The Three Lions will give Scotland a pity favour tonight, but Scotland as it always does will shoot itself in the foot.

They aren't getting investigated.

Give it time, Pep can't be a fraud forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom