• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
nah who tf did this

Tmjl3lH.gif

Jarnet87

We might get him to extend by a year to sell him, but I can't see it happening.

Already sick of the articles about him feeling angry and betrayed too, and how he'll leave in Jan

Pep would be desperate enough to spend 50 million pounds and buy him in January when they could just sign him for free

Lashley

In other news, who has played the PES2018 demo?

So good.

Although the AI defence do some silly things, like leaving loose balls for me to run onto. I'm sure that can be fixed easily before release though.

No PC demo is suspicious though. Kinda regret preordering it from CDKeys now.

Pep would be desperate enough to spend 50 million pounds and buy him in January when they could just sign him for free

Aye, he's a chequebook manager

Bruh, imagine how I feel as a Canadian. We were last in the WC in 1986, where we didn't score a single fucking goal.

It's been 3 decades of unmitigated failure, aside from the odd bright moment here and there.

At least whoever you support probably has hope heading into tournaments, however marginal it may be.

The slow growth of the game up here will change that though. We actually now have domestic professional teams players can join! It's not much, but far better than it used to be.

Soccer is the most played youth sport in the country, but until now there has been virtually no avenue for talented players to continue their development and turn professional.

Desmond

In other news, who has played the PES2018 demo?

So good.

Although the AI defence do some silly things, like leaving loose balls for me to run onto. I'm sure that can be fixed easily before release though.

No PC demo is suspicious though. Kinda regret preordering it from CDKeys now.

Aye, he's a chequebook manager
Very pleased with the demo. I think there's no PC one to prevent hackers taking the piss with it.

Would care about PES if they finally included a proper Clubs mode. But with them not doing that, and fifa being very bad for the last few years, I am not too bothered about any football games. Other than FM of course.

Kyoufu

Would care about PES if they finally included a proper Clubs mode. But with them not doing that, and fifa being very bad for the last few years, I am not too bothered about any football games. Other than FM of course.

They added a 3 v 3 mode.

Let's do this.

Lashley

They did, theres a 3v3 mode.

3-0 Berg. This isn't doing our goal difference any harm at all!

Edit: Luxembourg at home should improve it even more. So most likely Holland would have to beat us by a big, big score to get past us.

azyless

WTF is wrong with the coach? Giroud isn't even good enough to start Arsenal games, and still he starts every France game. They have so many better players than him, its ridiculous.
Deschamps's not very good. Sometimes I almost regret going to the euro final because it gave him legitimacy when I feel like we got through because of pure luck and individualities. As a team we're not that great.

At least Mbappé is starting this time, but on the wing.

WTF is wrong with the coach? Giroud isn't even good enough to start Arsenal games, and still he starts every France game. They have so many better players than him, its ridiculous.

Deschamps is weird like that.

Lloris as a captain is also a mystery to me.

Deschamps's not very good. Sometimes I almost regret going to the euro final because it gave him legitimacy when I feel like we got through because of pure luck and individualities. As a team we're not that great.

At least Mbappé is starting this time, but on the wing.

There's no tactics whatsoever in our team save for 'Giroud fits the team as an anchor in offense".

It feels like is in a bad position now that there's an overwhelming technical ability in the team. Can't seem to provide a good football philosophy.

RocknRola

If France gets a decent coach in the near future they'll be legit candidates to win any competition they play. The amount of talent they have (and that keeps pooping up) is comparable to Germany and Brazil.

A good coach is 90% of the work with those sort of national teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom