• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
yes thx Lashley

giphy.webp

I dropped in on '15 I think, still played 16 and 17 so not sure why I didn't stick about. Those times when there were actually 10 players a side were pretty damned fun.

We kind of stopped playing 16 and 17 sadly. Only active the first months time. The game mode (and fifa in general) just suffers too many bugs and just has general shit gameplay. I'm not even sure if most of us are getting it this year.

There was a period in my life, where I went to work, and already on my way home, had people messaging me to come play clubs. Went home, played clubs until I had to sleep really, and repeated. Holy shit we played a lot of clubs then. Miss it, was such good times. But 17 was so bad.

Beefy

Driving over the speed limit doesn't make you a murderer.

It was over the drink limit... dude is a murderer. You can still be a murderer and be charged with man slaughter. It's like when Saints had a dude on loan who did the same. He was a murderer as well.

Both chose to drive while way over the limit, knowing full well how it was effecting them. That is murder in my book.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
FIFA 16 and 17 were total shit

Hopefully 18 breaks the streak. PES2018 seems like it'll be great too, and FM is always superb.

EDIT: Beefy is 100% correct.

Dadasch

I didn't play any FIFA for years and I don't have any intention to play one in the near future. It's always the fucking same.
I want to see some real innovations, which makes the game more interactive. The fact they get away without making any progress is disappointing.

Until then I enjoy my daily session of Rocket League.

Beefy

We all make mistakes.

Drink driving isn't just a "mistake". People that drink and drive are scum. They chose to drive a vehicle that weighs a ton or more while having their reactions impaired due to alcohol. They didn't give a shit about passengers or the general public, they just thought about themselves.

you'd all be terrible lawyers

source: according to an Arsenal fan on reddit (with 29 upvotes) the corrent sentence would me manslaughter without murder, sounds like that guy knows what he's talking about

I didn't play any FIFA for years and I don't have any intention to play one in the near future. It's always the fucking same.
I want to see some real innovations, which makes the game more interactive. The fact they get away without making any progress is disappointing.

Until then I enjoy my daily session of Rocket League.

Fifa isn't the same every year, just like PES or FM isn't. But it's limited how much exactly they can change.

However they seem in Fifa's case, to change most of the features to the worse every year. But if you are going to go with that "it's the same" bullshit, I disagree. Hell they even added in that the journey stuff, which seemed like a cool idea, however lacking actual quality... and they did change Clubs for the worse for the last 3 years, in a misguided attempt to make it better.

Beefy

you'd all be terrible lawyers

Voluntary Manslaughter: A defendant who commits voluntary manslaughter may have had the intent to kill his victim; however, the law limits the defendant’s liability because of special circumstances. For example, the law recognizes that a husband who finds his wife in bed with another man or a mother who sees her child being hurt should be held responsible if they kill the adulterer or child abuser but should not punished to the same degree as a murderer who kills his victims without provocation.

Involuntary Manslaughter: Involuntary manslaughter is often the charge if the person had no intent to kill or commit a crime but his criminal negligence or extreme recklessness resulted in a death. This is often the charge if a drunk driver kills another person in an auto accident while intoxicated.

http://resources.lawinfo.com/criminal-defense/murders-and-manslaughters.html

Notice the word kill, to kill some one makes you a murderer.

Voluntary Manslaughter: A defendant who commits voluntary manslaughter may have had the intent to kill his victim; however, the law limits the defendant’s liability because of special circumstances. For example, the law recognizes that a husband who finds his wife in bed with another man or a mother who sees her child being hurt should be held responsible if they kill the adulterer or child abuser but should not punished to the same degree as a murderer who kills his victims without provocation.

Involuntary Manslaughter: Involuntary manslaughter is often the charge if the person had no intent to kill or commit a crime but his criminal negligence or extreme recklessness resulted in a death. This is often the charge if a drunk driver kills another person in an auto accident while intoxicated.

http://resources.lawinfo.com/criminal-defense/murders-and-manslaughters.html

Notice the word kill, to kill some one makes you a murderer.

I see a clear distinction between murder and manslaughter in that article. And Alonso clearly qualifies for involuntary manslaughter.

Beefy

I see a clear distinction between murder and manslaughter in that article. And Alonso clearly qualifies for involuntary manslaughter.

Drunk drivers are treated far too lightly. No way should killing some one while intoxicated be involuntary manslaughter. In either case he still murdered some one, due to being over the limit. The Alonso case is also dodgy as fuck and many have called it a cover up.

MikeBison

It's manslaughter.

And drink driving is a fucking brainless thing to do.

But we were all young once/still are. To call it a mistake makes it sound like you're trivialising the life that was lost, but it is a mistake. A fucking huge one, in which somebody died.

Beefy

It's manslaughter.

And drink driving is a fucking brainless thing to do.

But we were all young once/still are. To call it a mistake makes it sound like you're trivialising the life that was lost, but it is a mistake. A fucking huge one, in which somebody died.

Nah, a mistake is forgetting to post a letter or forgetting to get some food in. I am 22 and have never drunk drive and never will. People trivialise it by the "we are all young once" rubbish.

kromeo

People who commit crimes and do the time deserve a second chance when they come out, although in this case it sounds like he didn't do the time

MikeBison

A mistake doesn't have to be something small. It can be a monumental fuck up.

It's great that you haven't, but I bet out of everybody in this thread, wouldn't be 100% that could say they hand on heart hadn't driven over the limit once in their life.

Beefy

So why isn't Marcos Alonso in jail? What was the verdict?

People who commit crimes and do the time deserve a second chance when they come out, although in this case it sounds like he didn't do the time

The case was dodgy as fuck. He didn't serve time and there was loads of evidence it was a cover up. Also not everyone deserves a second chance. It depends if that person is remorseful or not.

A mistake doesn't have to be something small. It can be a monumental fuck up.

It's great that you haven't, but I bet out of everybody in this thread, wouldn't be 100% that could say they hand on heart hadn't driven over the limit once in their life.

All drink drivers are scum to me. I can't call it just a mistake.

MikeBison

Bear in mind that even people who try to be responsible and not drive on a night out, but drive the next day will also be over the limit often without realising.

Drunk drivers are treated far too lightly. No way should killing some one while intoxicated be involuntary manslaughter. In either case he still murdered some one, due to being over the limit. The Alonso case is also dodgy as fuck and many have called it a cover up.

I agree 100%. He voluntary drunk over the limit. He voluntary got in the car. He voluntary drove the car while intoxicated. To me that is straight up murderer in my books. I've known people who were killed because some idiot decided that they would drink and drive.

MikeBison

Feelings on the matter don't change the fact that it's involuntary manslaughter. Semantics maybe. But that's what it is.

cant tell me you don't understand the difference between manslaughter and murder.

King_Moc

Banned
I think what people are suggesting is that, to them, it's worse than that.

If you accidentally crash and kill someone while sober that's a thing, but doing it while drunk? Man...

Yes, the drunk driver is automatically the one at fault, and it's manslaughter as there isn't actually intent to kill. People can't understand why killing someone in cold blood, and killing someone in a drunken accident would carry different sentences?

One of those two people has made a decision that it's literally ok for them to kill someone if they feel like it. One of them is just a wreckless idiot.

Beefy

Yes, the drunk driver is automatically the one at fault, and it's manslaughter as there isn't actually intent to kill. People can't understand why killing someone in cold blood, and killing someone in a drunken accident would carry different sentences?

One of those two people has made a decision that it's literally ok for them to kill someone if they feel like it. One of them is just a wreckless idiot.

Again a person choosing to drive drunk isn't just a wreckless idiot. We are talking about a ton + machine that a person has decided to drive while intoxicated. Even if they didn't have intent to kill, they didn't give a shit if another persons life could be ended. Also in the UK drink driving is being changed to manslaughter instead on involuntary manslaughter. No one is saying drink drivers should get as much as people that shoot some one to death etc. But far too many people take drink driving far too lightly

Can wanted about 100k/w and while he might deserve it now, he asked for that almost a year ago. Now that he knows Juventus are interested and that we have Keita coming next season, I doubt he will be staying even if we offer him what he initially wanted.

Sucks as he's about to hit his prime and I have no doubt that he will become a world class German starter but he's too inconsistent as is and isn't able to dislodge Henderson from CDM. He plays great for us as a roaming CM however.

At least it's likely that he will leave amicably.

Best wishes.

weekev

Banned
Big game at Wembley tonight for Scotland. Think it's quite possibly the first time in my life I will be supporting England. Watch England do the business and the same team that won 3-0 away at Lithuania will struggle to break down the mighty Malta.

Alonso's case wasn't even settled until last year actually, almost 5 years after it happened. He ended up paying quite a bit of money in settlement outside of court to the family, paid for all costs of the court case, while quietly acknowledging what he had done. Basically he did what any rich and famous person would do. Pay his way out.

He should really just have argued that he had to be let go, to destroy Spurs. I'm sure they would have agreed to that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom