• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
This Wembley crowd is brilliant.

Even the London half and half scarf day trippers have had enough of England.

I would really like Scotland to qualify. They bring the real banter to tournaments.

"We're gonna deep fry your pizzas"

Literally the only bad thing about this scoreline is that it makes it harder for Scotland.

Bo-Locks

I've been asking for years what the point was in building new Wembley. It's such a soulless stadium, built with a massive budget in a fixed location which is difficult for everybody not based in London to get to. Why not just save the £800m or whatever the hell it cost to build, plough the money in to grass roots football and retain the connection to the fans / public by continuing to play at different stadia up and down the country? And now ironically England can't even sell the stadium out any more because there aren't enough people willing to invest to go and boo the England national team.

Somebody please just torch the FA and entire England set up / industry and start again.

I've been asking for years what the point was in building new Wembley. It's such a soulless stadium, built with a massive budget in a fixed location which is difficult for everybody not based in London to get to. Why not just save the £800m or whatever the hell it cost to build, plough the money in to grass roots football and retain the connection to the fans / public by continuing to play at different stadia up and down the country? And now ironically England can't even sell the stadium out any more because there aren't enough people willing to invest to go and boo the England national team.

Somebody please just torch the FA and entire England set up / industry and start again.

It was awesome prior to the new Wembley when they played at like Old Trafford, Anfield, St James' etc.

On a more positive side Wembley will probably relegate Spurs this year. So in the end it will be worth it imo.

Audioboxer

England, pls.

iE9Dxwu.png

Scottish Independence looms.

MikeBison

Bit harsh on Rashford. Was a little naive but didn't do anything terrible. Still should have defended it.

Also, that's twice in a row Ox has won the ball back great, gone on a great run and then fluffed the pass or shot ha. Lashley with a sensible chuckle.

Bumhead

Banned

This is a game that should be being played at Pride Park or Carrow Road.

Wembley is a ridiculous thing. And it's not even that good. I preferred the old one.

I've been trying to be positive about Oxlade signing for us but he's making it really difficult for me tonight.

I believe in the magic Klopp dust.

Commentators already heaping the pressure on Rashford, no wonder we get nowhere with young players.

This is dire. I can't believe we have a Championship level manager in charge of our national team.

It's about our level tbh.

We need Big Sam back!

Huh we scored.

MikeBison

I believe in the magic Klopp dust.

Commentators already heaping the pressure on Rashford, no wonder we get nowhere with young players

Huh we scored.

Should have heard talkSPORT this evening. Taking about how much of a shambles the game against Malta was. Ripped in all the players and Southgate. Anyone would have thought we didn't win 4-0. It was a dull affair sure. But they surmise anything other than a load of early goals was a disgrace.

And why did we play that formation etc. Probably because we could go 1-3-6 against a pisspoor Malta but that does nothing for practising our formation for better teams in the tournament itself.

Of course. Trash for a fantasy squad, scores for country. 🙄

Least Kane is content with being both 😑

Should have heard talkSPORT this evening. Taking about how much of a shambles the game against Malta was. Ripped in all the players and Southgate. Anyone would have thought we didn't win 4-0. It was a dull affair sure. But they surmise anything other than a load of early goals was a disgrace.

And why did we play that formation etc. Probably because we could go 1-3-6 against a pisspoor Malta but that does nothing for practising our formation for better teams in the tournament itself.

Tbf I'll criticise Southgate unless we're properly flying, I swear he doesn't set up for the player's strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom