• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD Guy

Iheanacho will be the best offensive signing of the year. Mark my words.

I'm shocked that they sold him, and didn't send him out on loan. He looked decent the times he played.

I'd have left if I was him too though. He's still young, and I'd want to get regular game time, which he wasn't going to get unless Aguero and Jesus were injured. But even then Pep would probably just play De Bruyne as a false nine or something instead lol.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Kolasinac will be the best defensive signing too imo

Yeah he looks really good. I still can't stop laughing at 50 million for Kyle Walker, god he's so overrated.

Wenger has done well so far, and if Lemar was to join too I'd say Arsenal has had a good transfer window. They'll need another centre back if Gabriel goes though..

Clegg

Do I join others in the feeling that Pogba is a bit ....... shit ?
He's clearly not shit. He's strong in the ball and rarely loses the physical duels. His range of passing is phenomenal, can ping a 60 yard diagonal to the feet of a winger like it's the easiest thing in the world. He's also a good dribbler. He has all the talent to be the best midfielder in the world, but right now he's not putting it all together. He'll use his strength to shield the ball from an opposing player, turn him and accelerate away but then he'll try and dribble past another and lose it. He'll hit the 60 yard diagonal but 5 minutes later shoot from 30 yards away when he has a player in support unmarked. He's wildly inconsistent.

I'm not one of the people who think he was poor last season. He was quite good in fact, but not £90m good which is the problem. This evening's match wad one of the first when I've thought he was genuinely poor.

Tubie

Do you guys think FIFA18 will be worth buying?

I haven't bought a FIFA game since 15 and that one was immensely disappointing.

OCD Guy

Not for offline play. To be honest I think the allround game play in PES is much better. The only time it wasn't was last gen.

Master league is better than career mode if I'm honest but Ultimate team get's people addicted.

I just hate how broken tactics are, like you can tell your defensive midfielder to sit back and you'll see him making forward runs in the opposition area, along with centre backs lol. There's just no real depth to the gameplay for me personally, and no real immersion in the career mode.

What I'm actually considering is firing up Football Manager again, that is the greatest of all time...

Pachimari

Yes, definitely. For online play at least.

I can't go through a year with no football game. And I'm contemplating buying FM 2018 just because I skipped out on it last year.

He's clearly not shit. He's strong in the ball and rarely loses the physical duels. His range of passing is phenomenal, can ping a 60 yard diagonal to the feet of a winger like it's the easiest thing in the world. He's also a good dribbler. He has all the talent to be the best midfielder in the world, but right now he's not putting it all together. He'll use his strength to shield the ball from an opposing player, turn him and accelerate away but then he'll try and dribble past another and lose it. He'll hit the 60 yard diagonal but 5 minutes later shoot from 30 yards away when he has a player in support unmarked. He's wildly inconsistent.

I'm not one of the people who think he was poor last season. He was quite good in fact, but not £90m good which is the problem. This evening's match wad one of the first when I've thought he was genuinely poor.

Fair enough. Like you say you see these moments of wizardry, then fucks it up seconds later. Combined with the money they paid its frustrating as shit to watch.

TimmmV

I watched the whole thing. It's crazy how many of those goals were in his first season.

Best Liverpool kit, best hair, best striker. What a man.

CP4369021.jpg

Such a shame Black GokuTorres turned up and ruined everything

Some of those names Riera, Aquilani, Voronin... God, Liverpool have had so many more dross players than gems.

Harsh on Riera there, he was decent in the season Liverpool finished 2nd, the others are fair enough though

Zasa

Yes, definitely. For online play at least.

I can't go through a year with no football game. And I'm contemplating buying FM 2018 just because I skipped out on it last year.
Same here, probably buying FIFA again this year. Although I'd love to get into PES as I like it's core mechanics, the online portion leaves a whole lot to be desired, imo. Not a chance I'm playing sports games vs AI, just way too boring & repetitive.

nelchaar

HALA MADRID!

United really need a different strategy other than hoofing the ball upfield and hoping for one of their tall men to knock it down.

Kill3r7

HALA MADRID!

United really need a different strategy other than hoofing the ball upfield and hoping for one of their tall me to knock it down.

Whatever works. The objective is to win the game. United came pretty close a couple of times to equalizing. Heck Rashford had a great opportunity. RM are still miles ahead. No shame in losing to them.

Top 6 is a crapshoot. Anyone of those teams with a bit of luck and good form could win the league. I think City has the most depth and the Spurs have one of the best defenses and a really good starting XI.

Kyoufu

Another toon. don't worry mate, back in premier league and we won't go down hopefully. I'm honestly suprised we kept Ayoze

I just hope we bring in some more players. Brighton and Huddersfield have a higher net spend than us and that doesn't sit right with me tbh.

I personally think FIFA and PES are both poor, the tactics in the games are rubbish. It has been a while since I have played the full games so might have changed but the options were just too limited. Feels like its made by people who only watch the ball, plus it doesn't help that you can't see the whole field for any proper deep playmaking. Always preferred PES for couch coop with a few beers though.

I'm shocked that they sold him, and didn't send him out on loan. He looked decent the times he played.

I'd have left if I was him too though. He's still young, and I'd want to get regular game time, which he wasn't going to get unless Aguero and Jesus were injured. But even then Pep would probably just play De Bruyne as a false nine or something instead lol.

Man City is terrible to their youth players.

Wenger has done well so far, and if Lemar was to join too I'd say Arsenal has had a good transfer window. They'll need another centre back if Gabriel goes though..

Naw. Betwee, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Holding, Mustafi, Chambers, and Monreal we already have a double squad in the center back positions. Kolsaniac and Elneny can play there too (although I'd prefer they dont)

Beefy

Saints want to bring in two loan players:

One keeper as McCarthy is dead again
Attacking player with a option to buy

Will only bring in a cb if Van Dijk goes.

So basically done all our transfer business

Tosyn_88

Fair play to Madrid. Their experience with European football showed up today. But we have shown up some of their weaknesses. If you actually see some of the points in the match, Madrid were struggling to cope with our energy and physicality, our over eagerness and inexperience is what let us down. Look at Pogba, Lukaku, Lindelof and Rashford as examples of being over eager that they forget the simple things.

I want us to be in the same group as Madrid. We will see exactly what I'm talking about. Yes Madrid held possession but that's because we sat deep which isn't new. Ajax had possession, many teams we played had possession so don't come at me with the possession equals dominance rubbish.

The first goal looked offside to me, perhaps I'm missing something about the rules but it looked offside from the replays. The second Madrid goal was amazing though and exposed that naive nature from Lindelof. He should have anticipated that because he was right there, all he had to was run in front of Isco, he gets the ball or Isco concedes a foul but alas.

Also as much as we tried to impose our physical side, some Madrid players began taking the piss by flopping everywhere. Yeah, we get it, it's an Hispanic stable to fall at every touch but at last show some gut for European champions and stand on your feet.

Lastly, congratulations to Madrid for their win, because all said and done, they still won and in other scenarios, they could have scored more but that can be said for us as well.

Tosyn_88

Funny seeing comments about Lukaku. Guys notched 85 goals in 4 seasons for West brom and Everton. He'll score plenty for united.

That's not the Aldi/Lidl experience lol.
There is no point debating with people ready to say Pogba is crap at every turn. It's only normal for Lukaku to be crap as well. We will just wait and watch how he bullies West Ham come match day.
I think we do need a winger that can whip in a cross or set up dead balls because Rashford hasn't got it yet.

Doc_Drop

I just hope we bring in some more players. Brighton and Huddersfield have a higher net spend than us and that doesn't sit right with me tbh.
I admit I'm a little disappointed but we did spend 50 mill last season. But yeh 2-3 more signings would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom