• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the above. Pep rotates too frequently and sub's players off early. It's a bitch for FPL.

This. It's a nightmare selecting City players. Pep is crazy. Also King too can be a good starter.
Stick to Spurs midfield+Sanchez/Hazard whenever they are fit.

First 2-3 weeks will be guesswork.

Clegg

The big problem for Spurs will be wages. They have a strict structure in place where I'm pretty sure nobody earns over 100k per week. Players like Kane, Eriksen and Alli will be looking at what inferior players are earning at other clubs and will want a piece of that.

Is Jesus likely to start over Aguero? The only City player I have in my team at the moment is KdB cos I'm fairly certain he'll start most of their matches, and he's ace.

Pep played almost elusively a 3-5-2 this pre-season with Jesus and Aguero up front. Worked very well, so I think he will go with this to start the season.

Tosyn_88

The big problem for Spurs will be wages. They have a strict structure in place where I'm pretty sure nobody earns over 100k per week. Players like Kane, Eriksen and Alli will be looking at what inferior players are earning at other clubs and will want a piece of that.

Erikson will be snapped up by Barcelona in a few years time when they notice how good he is. Which will be sad because spurs are net contributor to making the EPL weaker, the selfish fucks.

faridmon

Is there any reason you guys didn't go for Hernandez? I think you'll be fine if you sign a striker, but like you say they squad is unbalanced as it is.

We were linked with him, but simply lost interest due to Hull being stubborn. The target is to get a striker and a wide man (winger) in addition to Siggurdsson

Its really sad to see that we splashed all these monies and we still have gaps in our squad. What pisses me off is the attention hogging Rooney and other Everton fans falling for it. No wonder our fanbase is laughed at constantly. There is no progressive and critical mind at all.

OCD Guy

Although letting Kroos go was a mistake.

Yeah they fucked up. He didn't want to be there anymore, but that was down to Bayern taking him for granted, and not paying him what other players were earning. He was never regarded as one of their top players.

Madrid paid around 20ish million for him too lol. In todays market he'd be worth 5 times that at least.

Sleeve sponsorship added to Liverpool shirts. Almost like a new signing. ��

Western-Union-12-600x288.jpg
Oh boy, oh boy, I can't wait for their asshat ads like Juve!

And one day maybe, just maybe, we can aspire to this level of greatness...
xOQZTkg.jpg

Makes the CL more important than ever. It'll free us from this pain.
It won't. Once a team has this revenue stream in their budget, they rarely get rid of it.

OCD Guy

I honestly think Luke has tried to hit on Mourinho's daughter or something.

I don't blame Mourinho to be fair. His fitness is lacking, he's always injured, and allegedly avoids playing if he's not 100% fit.

Mourinho said as much in a press conference, something along the lines of some players want to play regardless of injuires, fitness etc, and others aren't as motivated.

He also doesn't think he's too clever either. I remember him talking about how he had to "think for him" during a match, and tell him what to do lol.

Shaw is going to rot at utd to be fair. He needs to do a Depay and get out of there if he cares about his career. I'd say Martial is similar too, although he has more chance than Shaw.

Lunar FC

For a second I thought Chelsea had a separate tire company sponsor on their sleeve. But I guess they're owned by yokohama or something.

I really hope pool change the color of western union logo to fit with the away kit or I might not end up getting one.

Edit: Lmao. How generous of Liverpool to offer the sleeve sponsor to you for free!

Tubie

The last thing we need is more fucking sponsors.

Before you know it, football players will look like NASCAR drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom