• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Goodbye, Alexis

thanks 4 the mmrs, but its tym 2 say goodbuy
DGzonqPXoAAgc4N.jpg:large

(Will miss two games, just in time for him to leave August 31st)

pbsapeer

Banned
For a second I thought Chelsea had a separate tire company sponsor on their sleeve. But I guess they're owned by yokohama or something.

I really hope pool change the color of western union logo to fit with the away kit or I might not end up getting one.

Edit: Lmao. How generous of Liverpool to offer the sleeve sponsor to you for free!
Jesus fucking wept I've held off buying a shirt for a couple of weeks and wanted to get the prem badges. This seems to indicate I can only get one and that shite sponsor.

Wut, lol, that's brilliant. Breaking the 4th wall and all that jazz.

Nice and cheap, the way to do it
for Watford

Up next, who is using FIFA or PES?

Well, PES is now sponsoring Fulham. Going as far as scanning all Fulham players and putting Craven Cottage in the game. Article here.

Goodbye, Alexis

thanks 4 the mmrs, but its tym 2 say goodbuy

(Will miss two games, just in time for him to leave August 31st)

With Arsenal? Don't read too much into it. Wenger played Nasri right up until he was sold, I can't imagine he'd do anything differently with Alexis.

Audioboxer

resizer.php

Up for pre-order.

If it has a headphone jack, this > Pixel 2017. I'd buy an Arsenal themed one before I'd buy the new Pixel.

Homophobia: 20
Racism: 20
Sexism: 20

Aye the player is a complete dick.

Well, PES is now sponsoring Fulham. Going as far as scanning all Fulham players and putting Craven Cottage in the game. Article here.

With Arsenal? Don't read too much into it. Wenger played Nasri right up until he was sold, I can't imagine he'd do anything differently with Alexis.

+ 5m more sales, take that EA. Return of the King.

pbsapeer

Banned
Came to post this. Dortmund are out of their minds if they think he's worth that much. His value, in Dortmund's estimation, has risen by £125m in 13 months. Fucking idiots.
Liverpool had this problem though when we sold Suarez. When clubs know you have money it costs more for that player you want.

OCD Guy

With regards to Dembele they don't want to sell him, hence the price they are asking.

He looks a special talent though and with his age, that sort of money might not be bad value, provided he lives up to his potential of course...

The thing is 100 million now is becoming more common, that isn't going to an amount that puts people off. Average players are going to go for 50 million soon enough (well they already are in my opinion).

Neymar's release clause was put there to put people off, thinking 200 million was an amount no one would pay. I wonder what PSG have set it to though, 1 billion? lol

The thing is all it takes is a Zuniga tackle on one of these players and their career is close to fucked.....And all that money spent on the transfer.

OCD Guy

Damn PSG spending cash bad

PSG are playing football manager in real life lol.

The sad thing is money isn't a guarantee of success. Buying good players alone won't do anything, they need to fit in together and play under a manager that makes the most of them. Emery is shit, he won't be the one to lead them to glory.

He might have had success with Sevilla, but last season was a nightmare...

Funnily enough, the teams that have had a lot of success have barely changed their first team line up, and all these other teams spunking money up the wall, constantly changing their starting 11 etc are doing nothing.

It'll be the same story for City, shit load of money, constant rotation, change of tactics and nothing achieved....

OCD Guy

Wouldn't mind seeing Neymar or Dembele take a Nigel de Jong kick to the chest, honestly.

Moussa Dembele, the kid from Celtic

I was just going to ask which Dembele, thought it might have been Spurs one lol

edit: wait you were answering a different question. Which Dembele do you mean above?

Hixx

Remember when Financial Fair Play was supposed to make things fairer for everyone.

It was never that. It was to stop more clubs like City and PSG from appearing. The traditionally big European elite were getting scared and FFP was their solution.

Samba is tragic.

Lunar FC

Jesus fucking wept I've held off buying a shirt for a couple of weeks and wanted to get the prem badges. This seems to indicate I can only get one and that shite sponsor.

Seems like you still have until the 27th to get your prem badge without the sponsor.

Found this hilarious though:

For existing 2017-18 shirts purchased in-store LFC will provide the WU patch free of charge if the customer brings their shirt or proof of purchase into any LFC store before 31st October 2017. This will be an iron on version provided with instructions for the customer to apply at home with a domestic iron.

pbsapeer

Banned
Seems like you still have until the 27th to get your prem badge without the sponsor.

Found this hilarious though:
Just saw that as well. Iron it on yourself? Whaaaaaat.
I would have hoped you could get 2 badges without the sponsor. It looks really bad. Maybe I'll just get it plain then haha.

MrS

Banned
I was just going to ask which Dembele, thought it might have been Spurs one lol

edit: wait you were answering a different question. Which Dembele do you mean above?
Ousmane can take the kick. Tottenham Dembele and Celtic Dembele are fine by me.

Zasa

Boudebouz goes to Betis for €7m. While Everton are still trying to sign a glorified #10 whose extremely reliant on set-pieces for chance creation, his goal/assist tally, etc...for over €50m.

Can't make it up, really.

Syder

Boudebouz goes to Betis for €7m. While Everton are still trying to sign a glorified #10 whose extremely reliant on set-pieces for chance creation, his goal/assist tally, etc...for over €50m.

If Everton go for Boudebouz guess what happens to his price...

Syder

It doesn't go up to €50m. Yeah.
but it still goes up.

Getting 50m for Sigurdsson is pointless if Swansea get relegated.

Everyone is going to price-gouge PL clubs including other PL clubs. No one wants to pay these high prices.

pulsemyne

You clearly haven't watched Siggy that much. Besides I'm hoping it does fall apart so we can keep him.

Zasa

but it still goes up.

Getting 50m for Sigurdsson is pointless if Swansea get relegated.

Everyone is going to price-gouge PL clubs including other PL clubs. No one wants to pay these high prices.
I mean, obviously it does...but definitely not to the price Siggy is valued at by Swansea. Realistically it'd be what, €20 at best considering he was linked with other clubs (Saints was one, according to L'equipe) in the PL for less than that this summer.

The point is, Boudebouz is just a good of an option regardless of the money. I'm surprised more PL clubs weren't in for him considering how consistent he's been for the last couple of seasons in Ligue 1. Would be a great fit at Everton at least.

You clearly haven't watched Siggy that much. Besides I'm hoping it does fall apart so we can keep him.
I've seen him plenty of times, & he's a good player for sure. But yeah, he's very reliant on SP's. Open-play he's not as creative or efficient as Boudebouz. Siggy does have a rocket of a shot, probably shoots a bit too much from outside the box though.

Syder

I mean, obviously it does...but defintely not to the price Siggy is valued at by Swansea. Realistically it'd be what, €20 at best considering he was linked with other clubs(Saints was one) in the PL for less than that this summer.

The point is, Boudebouz is just a good of an option regardless of the money. I'm surprised more PL clubs weren't in for him considering how consistent he's been for the last couple of seasons in Ligue 1. Would be a great fit at Everton at least.
If Swansea had been relegated they'd have taken £20-25m for him.

There's no incentive for clubs outside the Top 7 to sell their best player when you're guaranteed £100m for finishing 20th.

Doesn't mean fuck all but Coutinho is named in the squad for the playoff against Hoffenheim.

Moreno is in, no Sakho or Markovic. No Sakho surely must mean a CB must be purchased.

Zasa

If Swansea had been relegated they'd have taken £20-25m for him.

There's no incentive for clubs outside the Top 7 to sell their best player when you're guaranteed £100m for finishing 20th.
No shit. Could care less if Swansea sell him or not. 'm not looking at this from Swansea's point of view regarding what they value him at. This is more from a sheer value stand point & the fact that Everton (plus mid-table clubs) overlooked him when he's just as capable. Granted, he's not adapted to the PL.

Betis got hold of a possible gem for that price. La Liga's more suited for his style regardless.
Not this shit again

Can't bother to respond to these stupid drive-by posts again and again
What shit, buddy? I'm not a drive-by poster, if you have something noteworthy to say. You're probably better off with a rebuttal here.

faridmon

Not this shit again

Lashley

Or Monaco and a rebuild job or Wolves and have Mendes buy all your players for you.

Fuckkkkk, Wolves is a great shout

Ruben Neves was IMMENSE on FM 17, bet the nerf him since he's there now

I usually create a local side (Choppington FC 🙏🏻🙌🏼) but might do a Wolves save this year

Not this shit again

Honestly, he isn't wrong, is he?

PowderedToast

coutinho is a good guy but barca won't be coming back for him, and for that reason I think he'll leave

according to macca at LFC rumours, keita and vvd will both sign

Syder

No shit. I'm not looking at this from Swansea's point of view regarding what they value him at. This is more from a sheer value stand point & the fact that Everton (plus mid-table clubs) overlooked him when he's just as capable. Granted, he's not adapted to the PL.
...but that's what Everton are paying for, the best player outside the Top 7 clubs that's PL proven over a number of years.

You're the one that acted incredulous that Everton are paying this amount when it makes complete sense...?

faridmon

Honestly, he isn't wrong, is he?

Well I am going to repeat this again and hopefully for the last time:

1- He is a very good player
2- He is one we desperately need in the midfield
3- He is the solution for our narrow midfield play
4- He has PL experience which is the most important point
5- Swansea doesn't want him to go
6- He is priced accordingly because its a ''fuck off'' signal
7- If he goes, Swansea are going down
8- We are adamant, because we really really need him
9- In a world where Pogba, Fellaini, Nemyar cost what they cost....
10- and we have the money, why the fuck not

Hence his price tag

Lashley

True Geordie is doing a liveshow at half 2 on Saturdays in collaboration with Coral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZWgYyo-oAM

Well I am going to repeat this again and hopefully for the last time:

1- He is a very good player
2- He is one we desperately need in the midfield
3- He is the solution for our narrow midfield play
4- He has PL experience which is the most important point
5- Swansea doesn't want him to go
6- He is priced accordingly because its a ''fuck off'' signal
7- If he goes, Swansea are going down
8- We are adamant, because we really really need him
9- In a world where Pogba, Fellaini, Nemyar cost what they cost....
10- and we have the money, why the fuck not

Hence his price tag
Yeah, there are reasons. Nobody is disputing that, the price is still fucking silly.

faridmon

Yeah, there are reasons. Nobody is disputing that, the price is still fucking silly.

3 weeks, I would have agreed with you

Now? in a summer where crazy prices have overshadowed this, I am more or less numb to that price tag

Personally, I am more pissed off on how long it took us to actually seal the deal, not the actual price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom