• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

cscIxsV.gif

mourinho-plots.png

DBT85

Not worried about the sport looking like Nascar any time soon, it's taken this long to get to this stage.

Would Southampton get more money? Is it really just a case of "we'll give you this amount for the front of your shirt and this amount for the sleeve"?

Yep. No way they've done it out of the kindness of their hearts.

DBT85

Rashford is going to be Januzaj Part II

Really not seeing it. Rashford has clearly already demonstrated that he has more than Janujan does. I mean, I'm not expecting him to go on and outscore Mbop or whatever and I thin Martial has a higher ceiling. But Rashford is already looking better than he did last year.

Syder

Really not seeing it. Rashford has clearly already demonstrated that he has more than Janujan does. I mean, I'm not expecting him to go on and outscore Mbop or whatever and I thin Martial has a higher ceiling. But Rashford is already looking better than he did last year.
I just don't think Rashford will get enough games under Mou.

DBT85

I just don't think Rashford will get enough games under Mou.

He started 16 and subbed 16 in the PL last year. Mou kept playing him even when he wasn't scoring. He seems to like his effort and desire. He also looked ok against Madrid last night. Very happy to just run at people, something we need Martial to start doing more of.

Obviously if we'd also got Greaseman then I think his chances might have been more limited, but that hasn't happened
yet

I think it's going to be Mata who might struggle for matches a bit this year.

https://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/687/974/hi-res-9613f22529e1f2cb2e0546ecce5b0657_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Here's the reason Bale will warm the bench all year long.

Its crazy how long it took for Real to actually start playing the guy properly.

Kill3r7

Big chance against the biggest club opponent there is in probably the biggest club game he's played and it came at him fast.

Rashford not slotting bothers me more.

Lukaku came back and buried the next chance. So no point in killing him for it. Shit happens.

OCD Guy

Lukaku's miss was probably more difficult than it looks at first glance. The ball was coming to him pretty quickly and on the bounce, quite difficult to keep it down.

Rashfords was a much worse miss. More people would have scored Rashford's chance than Lukaku's.

But when a team pays a large sum of money for you, people are going to analyse everything you do, and they don't care if you do 10 things right, they'll focus on the 1 bad thing.

Lukaku was invisible yesterday to be fair anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom