• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

£7.4m
Screen-Shot-2015-11-18-at-12.20.24-PM.png

£5.9m
b_20100506154138_jose_kleberson_pereira_kleberson.jpg

#Legends

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Talksport claim they have a huge transfer story to report, but it's embargoed until 11:30 pm. Like it's a Destiny 2 review or something.

MrS

Banned
because you can't spend £50m multiple times unless you're City.
Except you can when you have PL TV money, Stones money, Lukaku money and potentially Barkley money. I'd just like to see it spent on a player who's actually worth £50m.

Them being unproven could be their undoing. No one disagrees with you there. They are a risky proposition
I reckon Sandro and Klaassen will both be good but I don't know enough about the Belgian kid to comment.

tomtom94

If you're trying to pull out cheap signings, Newcastle 2011-12 will always win

Ba on a free, Cabaye for £4.3m, and we managed to mug Liverpool for Enrique

How we got 5th place with Pardew of all people in charge is beyond me

OCD Guy

Talksport claim they have a huge transfer story to report, but it's embargoed until 11:30 pm. Like it's a Destiny 2 review or something.

I bet it's such an anti-climax.

Not sure why Talksport would have a transfer story that no other sources knew about.

Be interesting to see what it allegedly is though....

Well I'm glad the Coutinho report is out of the way or I might've been sweating a bit.

Woman on 5live kept calling him Cor-tinho, I was tearing my hair out. Dude there was also saying Arsenal were interested in VVD which was news to me.

Well I'm glad the Coutinho report is out of the way or I might've been sweating a bit.

Woman on 5live kept calling him Cor-tinho, I was tearing my hair out. Dude there was also saying Arsenal were interested in VVD which was news to me.

Dom King said us, Chelsea and Arsenal are interested but VVD still want us.

Lunar FC

Liverpool have rejected a second bid from Barca

Chris Bascombe‏@_ChrisBascombe 2m2 minutes ago

LFC have rejected bid of 100m euros for Coutinho from Barca. Barca have been told (again) he’s not for sale. LFC consider the matter closed…

B2zxDlm.gif

Now lets go sign Keita & VVD.

No chance. :( How many days before spanish papers say the deal is done again? I'm going with 5.

B2zxDlm.gif

Now lets go sign Keita & VVD.

No chance. :( How many days before spanish papers say the deal is done again? I'm going with 5.

I thought the Keita deal was dead in the water. But Macca saying it's on, Keita's agent looking for houses in the area and Keita following some random barber in Liverpool on Instagram... Who knows?

OCD Guy

£70-75m I reckon.

Woah, that'll be a big rip off if anyone pays that.

He's not even that young.

Really puts it into perspective when the likes of Bonucci (a proven world class player) cost about half that this window. I know he's a few years older but still...

Beefy

Really puts it into perspective when the likes of Bonucci (a proven world class player) cost about half that.

It's the Prem, which means double everything.

OCD Guy

It's the Prem, which means double everything.

Yeah that's true. But some of these players are nowhere near worth their transfer fees, Stones, Walker etc. I wonder what the scouting staff etc see in these players.

Although if we compare Stones to VVD then the transfer fee doesn't seem so bad. I'd hate to have Stones on my team, an absolute liabilty.

Really puts it into perspective when the likes of Bonucci (a proven world class player) cost about half that this window. I know he's a few years older but still...

He's going to a PL club, let's be honest about that. So only that is an extra 5-10m than normal. Then you gotta take into consideration that great CBs don't exactly grow on trees and VVD got a lot of assets that a lot of teams would love to have.

OCD Guy

He's going to a PL club, let's be honest about that. So only that is an extra 5-10m than normal. Then you gotta take into consideration that great CBs don't exactly grow on trees and VVD got a lot of assets that a lot of teams would love to have.

I agree with what you're saying. There'll be a premium for sure, but it'll be under 70million in my opinion.

But time will tell..

With the way transfer fees are going the likes of Lingard will be worth 60 Million lol

VVD isn't even the best CB in the Premier League so if he goes for over 70 million they'd be 100 million?!

Mourinho was right when he spoke about the repercussions of the Neymar transfer....

Bonucci was forced out from Juventus and he wanted to stay in Italy. That's the reason why the deal was fast and cheap. Else Chelsea, United etc would have entered in bidding war for him.

I thought the Keita deal was dead in the water. But Macca saying it's on, Keita's agent looking for houses in the area and Keita following some random barber in Liverpool on Instagram... Who knows?

The barber seals it! Heard on the subreddit apparently odds have been slashed so who knows?

OCD Guy

Bonucci was forced out from Juventus and he wanted to stay in Italy. That's the reason why the deal was fast and cheap. Else Chelsea, United etc would have entered in bidding war for him.

Costa is being forced out of Chelsea but he's not going for cheap, and would probably go for even more money if he wanted to move to a rival club lol.

The premier league is just fucked....

OCD Guy

There's something about a S*n interview with a Spurs player (Apparently Rose?) talking about being unhappy at the club? But I wouldn't trust that rag to wipe my arse so not gonna make much of it.

Ah ok well that really was an anti-climax....lol. I don't even know how they could class that as "Huge". I thought it was about a big player.

Yeah the only thing the Sun is good for is Page 3, and even that is shit....

Beefy

There's something about a S*n interview with a Spurs player (Apparently Rose?) talking about being unhappy at the club? But I wouldn't trust that rag to wipe my arse so not gonna make much of it.

Yep Rose saying he is unhappy and wants to leave in a interview in The Sun

Kyoufu

I think talksport were talking about us loaning Kenedy or whatever his name is from Chelsea. That's their big embargoed story... lol

Costa is being forced out of Chelsea but he's not going for cheap, and would probably go for even more money if he wanted to move to a rival club lol.

The premier league is just fucked....

Costa will go for cheap. In current market Costa is easily a 80m+ striker. He will go for 40-50 max now. Other clubs know that Chelsea want him out so they will try to bargain a lot like what happened with Bonucci. He wants to go to Atletico only and they aren't willing to pay more than 30. A part of me wants him to stay because if he plays he will perform anyways for WC aspirations, but he might poison the squad. The bridge has been burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom