• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

Season begins in almost 24 hours, so just a couple of reminders on how to get involved in footy gaf before the we begin the first matchweek.

N11Y5ht.png

Our footy gaf members google doc will be open for everybody to edit through the weekend, so get your name in there to show your allegiances as we begin the new season.

Dqmozk9.png

There is still plenty of time to get your predictions in for the 2017/18 season before the September 1st deadline. We are taking entries for the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A.

Example:

User: Lunar FC
League: Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. Swansea City
19. Watford
20. Huddersfield Town

*** Please format yours identical to mine. Thanks! ***

Just post yours in this thread and they will all be aggregated here. If you don't see yours, just shoot me a quick PM.

6HzrNUw.png

Get your Premier League fantasy team in ahead of the first matchweek. Make your team here and then enter the league with the code: 1857822-444682. The league will be closed from new entries once the season starts, so join now if it's something you're interested in.

Since it is a head-to-head league I thought it might be nice to actually know who's team is who. So I just made a quick doc so that you guys can tie your fantasy team name to your neogaf user name.

Links to all of these pages can be found at the top of the OT for future reference. Thanks!

MrS

Banned
User: MrS

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
---
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester United
7. Southampton
---
18. West Bromwich Albion
19. Newcastle United
20. Huddersfield Town

Beefy

Some one mind putting my name in the Southampton part in the member list? I only use my phone and it keeps saying I have to download a app. Cheers fam

I mean fuck what is it about this place that attracts us???? Or turns away the rest of you maybe ��

RAWK being fucking crazy?

casiopao

User: casiopao
League: Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Napoli
3. Roma
4. Inter
---
5. AC Milan
6. Atlanta
7. Lazio
---
18. Crotone
19. SPAL
20. Benevento

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Who do we think will surprise this year? Either finishing higher or lower this season than expected?

Lower: Chelsea & Spurs are possibilities
Higher: Newcastle & Brighton

wait, you're a gunner too? After all the bantz about us i thought you were a rival :p

Doc_Drop

Who do we think will surprise this year? Either finishing higher or lower this season than expected?

I'm biased,but I'd say I agree. I think they'll both struggle and I think too quickly Brighton and Newcastle are possibly being written off.

King_Moc

Banned
Spurs shouldn't break their wage structure, especially not for a Danny Rose

It depends what they want to achieve. right now they're mixing it up with the big boys for the first time in a long time. They've got there with a good manager and by being (arguably) very lucky with some random punts in the transfer market. If they want to stay at that level, they're going to need to pay more to players. If they're happy going back to being about where Everton are, they should keep the current structure.

wait, you're a gunner too? After all the bantz about us i thought you were a rival :p

Boxer's Man U unless he's meme'd me into confusion.

I'm convinced Chelsea's gonna implode again. Spurs are a good candidate considering Wembley.

kromeo

I hope not but I can't see much other than the two Manchester clubs fighting it out for the title this season. I think most people are expecting Spurs to suffer slightly from playing at Wembley.

Arsenal I'm not confidant about at all, we were a lot more than just Lacazette and Kolasinac away from challenging last season, I fear we might be even further away this time.

I've got a feeling Southampton might have a bit of a shocker by recent standards

Newcastle I doubt Benitez will still be there at the end of the season for one reason or another

Lashley

I hope not but I can't see much other than the two Manchester clubs fighting it out for the title this season. I think most people are expecting Spurs to suffer slightly from playing at Wembley.

Arsenal I'm not confidant about at all, we were a lot more than just Lacazette and Kolasinac away from challenging last season, I fear we might be even further away this time

I've got a feeling Southampton might have a bit of a shocker by recent standards

As usual with us, it's a case of not enough ins during the transfer window

T-Rex.

Banned
User: T-Rex.

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Leicester
---
18. Brighton & Hove Albion
19. Swansea City
20. Huddersfield Town

I'll be optimistic and say we'll finish top 2. In reality, we probably won't sign anyone else and will get crippled by injuries but we must turn from doubters into believers and all that.

Lashley

User: T-Rex.

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Chelsea
---
5. Tottenham
6. Arsenal
7. Leicester
---
18. Brighton & Hove Albion
19. Swansea City
20. Huddersfield Town

I'll be optimistic and say we'll finish top 2. In reality, we probably won't sign anyone else and will get crippled by injuries but we must turn from doubters into believers and all that.

fOYHrVT.gif

Lashley

Arsenal's last 21 games v Leicester: WDWWWDWDWWDWWWWDWDWWD

I'm still not confident about tomorrow though

MrS

Banned
I think this is Tottenham's year tbh.

Everyone at the top look shit enough for it to happen.
They haven't signed anybody and you can't afford to stand still. Their squad is actually weaker now than last season and they'll be fucked again when Kane inevitably gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom