• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Season begins in almost 24 hours, so just a couple of reminders on how to get involved in footy gaf before the we begin the first matchweek.

N11Y5ht.png

Our footy gaf members google doc will be open for everybody to edit through the weekend, so get your name in there to show your allegiances as we begin the new season.

Dqmozk9.png

There is still plenty of time to get your predictions in for the 2017/18 season before the September 1st deadline. We are taking entries for the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A.

Example:

*** Please format yours identical to mine. Thanks! ***

Just post yours in this thread and they will all be aggregated here. If you don't see yours, just shoot me a quick PM.

6HzrNUw.png

Get your Premier League fantasy team in ahead of the first matchweek. Make your team here and then enter the league with the code: 1857822-444682. The league will be closed from new entries once the season starts, so join now if it's something you're interested in.

Since it is a head-to-head league I thought it might be nice to actually know who's team is who. So I just made a quick doc so that you guys can tie your fantasy team name to your neogaf user name.

Links to all of these pages can be found at the top of the OT for future reference. Thanks!
User: Syder
League: Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham
4. Manchester United
---
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Arsenal
---
18. Burnley
19. Huddersfield
20. Brighton

Nyx

Jean-Christophe Bahebeck is on his way to Utrecht for a medical tomorrowmorning, after which he will sign on a 1-year loan deal.

Any PSG fans here who can tell me something about him as a player?

Kill3r7

They haven't signed anybody and you can't afford to stand still. Their squad is actually weaker now than last season and they'll be fucked again when Kane inevitably gets injured.

Anyone they add given their wage structure would likely be a squad player, not a starter. They are better off staying pat and rolling the dice one more time with this squad and let the youngsters play.

Syder

They haven't signed anybody and you can't afford to stand still. Their squad is actually weaker now than last season and they'll be fucked again when Kane inevitably gets injured.
Reminder that people said this last year as well.

User: StrawberryJam

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham
---
5. Arsenal
6. Manchester United
7. Everton
---
18. Swansea City
19. Huddersfield
20. Brighton

I expect everything to be wrong.

MrS

Banned
Reminder that people said this last year as well.
True. But two years without major signings is worse than one, and being away from WHL will have an impact. Squad depth is piss poor and they'll crash out of the CL early again.

Zasa

They've lost their leader, they've lost one of the best strikers in the premier league, they've lost an underrated midfielder in Matic. The circumstances are undeniably different than last year.

Not to mention they have CL football now, & their rivals have strengthened pretty handsomely. It'll be interesting.

Syder

True. But two years without major signings is worse than one, and being away from WHL will have an impact. Squad depth is piss poor and they'll crash out of the CL early again.
I agree and Harry Kane always takes a couple of months to get in gear.

However, they still have one of, if not the, best starting XI in the league. I don't think they'll be outside the Top 4 in May.

silentg

User: silentg

1. Manchester City
2. Tottenham
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
---
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. Burnley
19. Swansea
20. Watford

tomtom94

User: tomtom94

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Arsenal
---
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Leicester
---
18. West Brom
19. Watford
20. Burnley

Beefy

The sports programmes need to get away from just hiring ex players from the top clubs, some of them are way too biased (and shit).

DBT85

The sports programmes need to get away from just hiring ex players from the top clubs, some of them are way too biased (and shit).

Average Joe thinks that an ex player must know what he's talking about to it adds credibility to the punditry.

I just want Gary Neville and no one else.
Alas, it seems to be a huge fad amongst the recently retired now. They must be paid lots.

Beefy

I just want Gary Neville and no one else.
Alas, it seems to be a huge fad amongst the recently retired now. They must be paid lots.

To be honest I'm a fan of Carragher. He links up with GNev pretty well.

Yeah I like Carragher even with him being a lil biased here and there. But Redknapp/Souness/ Cottee and many more are shit. Merson is only good because he is so dumb.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
User: silentg

1. Manchester City
2. Tottenham
3. Manchester United
4. Chelsea
---
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. Burnley
19. Swansea
20. Watford

User: tomtom94

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Arsenal
---
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Leicester
---
18. West Brom
19. Watford
20. Burnley

Interesting you 2 predicted the same bottom 3, but also surprised neither of you picked any of the newly promoted.

Bumhead

Banned
Surprised how many seem to be tipping Brighton for the drop.

Anthony Knockeart and Lewis Dunk will probably be £40m players this time next year in this market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom