• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrS

Banned
Yup he isn't the greatest player, overpriced and wish he wasn't at the club but he can pass through the middle of the park and Otamendi doesn't.
Your CB doesn't need to be making attacking passes through the middle when you have Yaya, David Silva, Bernardo Silva and KDB. He should be making sure the opponent doesn't score, something he hasn't quite mastered yet. The dude isn't Sergio Ramos.

Zasa

Stones got some qualities somewhere. Delph is just legit shit.
Oh for sure, I agree.

But to say Stones is only being played because he's English, is just...yeah. He was pretty consistent in the second half of the season. Kompany was a big help for sure.

MrS

Banned
Wonder what will happen with Nasri. He looked sharp in pre-season. Definitely still good enough for the PL. Nasri for £10m or Sigurdsson for £50m?

jm89

What the...

Why did he barely play Delph then? Or Gunn?

Curious what your thoughts on Sterling were last season.

Sterling is great, definitely deserves to be on the starting XI.

Delph is even worse i don't know if he should even be on the bench.

Zasa

Wonder what will happen with Nasri. He looked sharp in pre-season. Definitely still good enough for the PL. Nasri for £10m or Sigurdsson for £50m?
If Nasri can stay fit, & has a healthy attitude. He can be one of the top creative mids out there. That Nasri & N'Zonzi duo before the CL crash (& subsequent spiral downwards collectively) was one of the best in Europe under Sampaoli.

Could be a good, short term Seri replacement for Nice if/when he leaves for Barca.

Sterling is great, definitely deserves to be on the starting XI.

Delph is even worse i don't know if he should even be on the bench.
Agree here. Delph's the definition of a homegrown quota filler.

Your CB doesn't need to be making attacking passes through the middle when you have Yaya, David Silva, Bernardo Silva and KDB. He should be making sure the opponent doesn't score, something he hasn't quite mastered yet. The dude isn't Sergio Ramos.

If a team is playing out from the back the defence need to be able to pass through the middle otherwise it defeats the purpose of it.

Cpt Lmao

So the papers are reporting that Rose received a positive welcome from his teammates at training. Decent outcome imo as it increases his chances of staying and lights a fire under the board.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Tottenham can see just how hard it is to spend money after building a new stadium.

Took us ages to pay off our debts, it'll affect them the same way. Especially with their wage cap, no way will they keep their top players.

Kill3r7

Tottenham can see just how hard it is to spend money after building a new stadium.

Took us ages to pay off our debts, it'll affect them the same way. Especially with their wage cap, no way will they keep their top players.

It will be interesting to see how much teams will overpay for Kane and Alli. I imagine all top PLteams and Everton will be in for them or at the very least Kane.

Kyoufu

Building a new stadium when you've only just broken into the top 4 is probably going to be seen as the biggest mistake by Levy. It'll hurt them for years.

Just realized that the start of EPL is actually today on Friday. Nice.

Anyway, I haven't posted my predictions. Would this do?
User: texhnolyze
League: Premier League

1. Tottenham
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
---
5. Manchester United
6. Manchester City
7. Everton
---
18. Watford
19. Brighton & Hove Albion FC
20. Huddersfield Town

Dadasch

Dembele is showing the ugly side of current football right now.
Absolutely.
Signed a 5-year contract, played one season for his new club, is still developing as a footballer on a daily basis (far from being near flawless) but insists to leave for a much bigger club where his faults won't be taken half as lightly as currently in Dortmund.

Dude...just be patient ffs, you're 20yo!

East Lake

Are transfer fees set by the club and not the player? For example I saw 100m thrown around in stories and now there are mentions of 150m. All this is separate from the wages the player will get right?

MrS

Banned
Are transfer fees set by the club and not the player? For example I saw 100m thrown around in stories and now there are mentions of 150m. All this is separate from the wages the player will get right?
Yep, and selling clubs set the transfer fees.

East Lake

Yep, and selling clubs set the transfer fees.
Are they just set at will or is there a contract when the player is signed? I'm not saying this will happen but if Dortmund decided tomorrow that they wanted the fee to be 200m are they legally able to do so?

Syder

What ugly side?
Football is like Wayne Rooney's head

the ugly side is bigger
PartyMonster.png

Rellik

Are they just set at will or is there a contract when the player is signed? I'm not saying this will happen but if Dortmund decided tomorrow that they wanted the fee to be 200m are they legally able to do so?

They could ask for 2 billion tomorrow if they wanted to. There is no cap or contract preventing that.

Dadasch

150mio is what Dortmund wants for Dembele (30mio for his former club Stade Rennes in this case).
It's a crazy transfer fee which he doesn't justify at all. Yes, he's crazy talented but he still loses the ball after dribbling attempts way too often. That's not something he wants to show with a Barcelona jersey put on.

Dortmund doesn't need to sell him and that's totally understandable.

Tubie

Only La Liga requires every player contract to have a release clause, there is no rule on how big or small that release clause has to be tho. Florentino actually saw this madness coming so he put ridiculous clauses (500m-1b) on all the Madrid players when they all signed new extensions.

On other leagues the teams can hold the player if they don't want to sell or can also ask for whatever amount they want if another club comes knocking.

Garjon

I don't even get why Barca wants Dembele so bad.

Who the hell is running things over there?

In my worthless opinion, they're panicking. Neymar represented Barca's future and now he's gone to PSG. Neither Dembele nor Coutinho can replace him but Barca need several big signings right now purely to stem the negativity.

Tubie

Who would you recommend they buy?

A good sub for Busquests, 1 or 2 world class CBs, and maybe even a RB too.

In my worthless opinion, they're panicking. Neymar represented Barca's future and now he's gone to PSG. Neither Dembele nor Coutinho can replace him but Barca need several big signings right now purely to stem the negativity.

Yea but the area they need big signings is not in their attack.

Kill3r7

Sanchez, Hazard, Di Maria, Lemar, Mbappe

Take your pick.

They had Sanchez and that did not really workout. Mbappe is not interested based on the rags. Hazard is a good suggestion but currently injured. Lemar is a step below Dembele. Di Maria is too old as a long term solution.

All good suggestions but who are these world class CBs that would be available or interested?

Garjon

Yea but the area they need big signings is not in their attack.

I agree they already needed defensive players but they need a big prospect to grow alongside Messi and Suarez and to eventually help replace them. The shock of the plan falling apart alone could unsettle the entire team; they need to replace Neymar quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom